The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Blake Comeau, Tanner Kero, Rocco Grimaldi

1 hour ago, hammertime said:

Would rather Lockwood. 

Needs more time developing and fleshing out his game.

Looks impressive on the surface being a wrecking ball out there but his positioning, defensive play, ability to PK etc all need work to be a regular at this level.

52 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

After tonight’s game, I wonder if Benning makes a panic move and claims one of the three players.

The only one worth even a look would be Comeau. Even then, at 35 on the 4th line, I dunno. There’s a good reason why he was waived. 

7 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

The only one worth even a look would be Comeau. Even then, at 35 on the 4th line, I dunno. There’s a good reason why he was waived. 

I agree there's some risk and that Comeau isn't like an 'amazing' gem, but he's still an upgrade IMO. Honestly, I haven't seen Comeau play much this year or really since the playoff run 2 years ago, so there's a chance his game has dipped. But his even strength Corsi is still way better than Chiasson or Dowling, and he can PK pretty well as of last year, which the Canucks are desperate for. If any of the chemistry with Dickinson remains, the Canucks could actually form a traditional 'checking' line and free up Petey even strength (hey he needs something..).

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

10 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Wouldn’t even be a panic move.

We need what Comeau brings. Our pk has been killing us all season.

Bailey is Emerson Etem 2.0. Fast and ineffective. 

There's no risk to Comeau, I'll be disappointed if he clears.

• Cheers 1

31 minutes ago, JM_ said:

Glad you see that too..  I got bashed couple weeks ago for pointing out Bailey just doesn't cut it!! 

Comeau is getting old but he plays physical and can still pop in a few goals... Instant upgrade over Chiasson and Bailey... I doubt many teams before us on waiver wire would be as desperate as us! 

43 minutes ago, JM_ said:

It's unfortunate but it seems to be the case. Kid has all the tools, just can't seem to translate them to this level. Which isn't uncommon.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

11 minutes ago, aGENT said:

It's unfortunate but it seems to be the case. Kid has all the tools, just can't seem to translate them to this level. Which isn't uncommon.

23 minutes ago, RakuRaku said:

Glad you see that too..  I got bashed couple weeks ago for pointing out Bailey just doesn't cut it!! 

Comeau is getting old but he plays physical and can still pop in a few goals... Instant upgrade over Chiasson and Bailey... I doubt many teams before us on waiver wire would be as desperate as us! 

what I'm hoping for mostly is some chemistry with Dickie and get that PK resurrected. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Kid??  Bailey?  He's like 28 now!! If he got all the tools to stick, he would've been a fulltime NHLer at age 24 or before... He's playing now cause Motte is still out. 

6 minutes ago, RakuRaku said:

Kid??  Bailey?  He's like 28 now!! If he got all the tools to stick, he would've been a fulltime NHLer at age 24 or before... He's playing now cause Motte is still out. 

Kid to me, I'm old :lol:

Some guys are late bloomers. He doesn't seem to be one unfortunately. I'm well aware of why he's playing.

• Haha 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

8 minutes ago, JM_ said:

well, thats that then.

Whatever Jim has planned I hope its not going to involve another 1st round pick.

I'm concerned that maybe Green told him to not take his plugs away from him.  If he's still listening to the idiot coaching the team, he also needs to go.

• Vintage 1