The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Anaheim Ducks | Nov 14 | 5 PM PT

Rate this topic

-SN-

7 minutes ago, Jack Fig said:

And that's ultimately the good thing for us fans ..... it's out of our hands entirely. We just get to sit back and observe ... no real stake in the proceedings. 

The team coming back to an airport full of angry fans demanding Green replaced with an actual coach may force Benning's hand though. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

The team coming back to an airport full of angry fans demanding Green replaced with an actual coach may force Benning's hand though. 

For all the talk that fans here are rabid and toxic, these guys have it easy.

Try playing football in Europe or South America as a losing coach.

Id say we go pretty easy on them considering we’ve been the worst team in the league the last 5 years.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Just now, DeNiro said:

Id say we go pretty easy on them considering we’ve been the worst team in the league the last 5 years.

Agreed.  Although a "Fire Green" chant at Rogers probably gets it done if ownership doesn't rid the franchise of this baboon before the next home game.  It worked to get rid of Gillis.  It's our responsibility as fans to drive Green out of town.

Pettersson still looks like a lanky rookie and needs to get stronger and faster. What does he do in the off season, besides boating and lounging in the sun?  Okay sure, there was that off season video of him shooting pucks in his basement. Was there a weight set around there too? C'mon Petey, pick 'em up. 

6 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I think that largely comes from a state of indifference that's set in over the last several years. A decade ago it would have been inconceivable that our arena wouldn't be selling out, or that it would be one of the quietest buildings in the league. And just judging by my everyday life, it seems like way less people are interested in the Canucks than they were years ago. 

I guess that's what happens when a culture of losing sets in. People just stop caring. Sure, you'll get your Twitter backlash and whatnot, but that's the extent of it. There aren't going to be any angry fans there to meet the team at the airport. There won't be any "Fire Green" or "Fire Benning" chants in the arena. People will just continue to tune out.

Edited by 48MPHSlapShot
  • Cheers 1

The fact is Green has a worse points percentage than willie d, with better players and 3 straight Calder nominees, this is all on Green and Baumgartner. I’d love to see a 13-0 blowout tonight just to put the final nail in the coffin of those 2 ahl coaches, Enough with the rookie coaches bring in an experienced head coach to wake these entitled brats up

• Like 1

Just now, KelownaCanucksFan said:

The fact is Green has a worse points percentage than willie d, with better players and 3 straight Calder nominees, this is all on Green and Baumgartner. I’d love to see a 13-0 blowout tonight just to put the final nail in the coffin of those 2 ahl coaches, Enough with the rookie coaches bring in an experienced head coach to wake these entitled brats up

Have we ever won 13-0?  

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I think that largely comes from a state of indifference that's set in over the last several years. A decade ago it would have been inconceivable that our arena wouldn't be selling out, or that it would be one of the quietest buildings in the league. And just judging by my everyday life, it seems like way less people are interested in the Canucks than they were years ago. 

I guess that's what happens when a culture of losing sets in. People just stop caring. Sure, you'll get your Twitter backlash and whatnot, but that's the extent of it. There aren't going to be any angry fans there to meet the team at the airport. There won't be any "Fire Green" or "Fire Benning" chants in the arena. People will just continue to tune out.

Yep. Apathy is worse than anger.

Nucks better start paying attention to the fans or they wont have many left

• Thanks 1