The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Anaheim Ducks | Nov. 14, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

32 minutes ago, spook007 said:

The culture should always be reflected by the person at the helm...

He/She outlines the direction, which the organisation should take to obtain its targets. 

At the end of the day, isn't the person at the helm the owner? 

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, N4ZZY said:

At the end of the day, isn't the person at the helm the owner? 

Yes 

He hires people to run the business for him, so yes he is the ultimate person, who can make changes...

This discussion was being had before, and I argued that exact thing regarding Benning scouting prospects himself as he was good at it. Oh no, a poster said, that what he hires folks to do. 
However, your business is reflected by the actions you take... all the way down the line. 
And if you don't like what you're seeing, you change the strategy to correct it. 
Again this goes down through every single step of the ladder. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Until out PK gets reimagined the Canucks will keep losing.  The special teams coaches need to be replaced now.  It’s deflating, and killing the confidence of the team.  Our PK is the worst of any team in many years.  I’m thinking back to the Atlanta Thrashers, and they had a good PK compared to this one.  

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

I am not sure about Bruce Boudreau for the reason a good coach keeps his cool... he doesn't lose it and scream and yell.

That clip from the Washington dressing room showing Boudreau screaming at the Capitol players... 'F*ck this... F*ck that... F*cking, F*cking, F*cking... 

Players are not stupid, they should be spoken to like adults.

Yeah Boudreau has a good record, but he coached a (corrected Anaheim) team and a Washington team which were loaded.

At the moment I'd pay his salary to hear him tell em f'ing wake up.... 

Jesus..... Its called lighting a fire under their arses...

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

20 minutes ago, AC30 said:

We need a bigger, tougher, faster team - with skill 

This team is too easy to play against

they gave away these types of players to begin the year 

and the coaching staff simply sucks 

So FIRE the whole team, FIRE the coach, FIRE the GM, why don't we FIRE the city of Vancouver and move the team? Goodlord man

Ok, we are all, disappointed, mad, frustrated, but let's look at solutions, offer ideas, debate things. we have to make a change, that's inevitable. You don't make trades when your team sucks this bad.

It's up to the players at this point to right the ship and show some pride. 

Green, King and Baumer should be fired today.

Shaw In term coach, find an experienced assistant  coach?

Fire Banning at season end with no playoffs 

Sedins role expanded and Trevor Linden brought back. 

Find the most experienced NHL coach

Get permission to talk to Manny and Burr

Find a 3rd line center and a Defense that can defend

I, we, all had great expectations. $&!# happens, other teams improved and developing their prospects,  team chemistry is huge and we don't seem to have any.

Next year folks

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Pure961089 said:

Until out PK gets reimagined the Canucks will keep losing.  The special teams coaches need to be replaced now.  It’s deflating, and killing the confidence of the team.  Our PK is the worst of any team in many years.  I’m thinking back to the Atlanta Thrashers, and they had a good PK compared to this one.  

But replaced by who?

Realistically who??

Be part of the solution 

3 hours ago, spook007 said:

This... 

I don't often call for action coaching or management wise, but this brutal show on the ice has pushed me over the edge... 

Think the main reason was the hype throughout the summer. The enjoyment of seeing a turnaround of the playing staff, and what looked on paper, as a much improved team.

To say I'm disappointed, would be the understatement of the year...

There are some massive questions that needs to be answered by JB and Green:

Is this, what the future is going to look like and what can you do to change this around?

What has happened to Brock and Petey in particular?

How are you going to address team toughness? (All fine to see OEL as a punch bag, but that won't cut it...) and Schenn alone can't do it neither. 

And what the point of drafting strong forwards only to let them disappear into thin air well into their development. 

I think Petey has partially checked out... what the point of going to the dirty areas, if you're a lightweight and on your own.

Just mega disappointed. 

I’ve talked about psychology a couple of years now and being ridiculed by it. 

How long before folks start to listen?

Benning is a cheap coward and the players know it. He hasn’t got a chance to have the players behind him. 
Green suffers because of it and doesn’t have a game plan to fix it. 

Well, last night sucked. 

May I ask, how has Lammikko avoided scrutiny all this time? 

We complain about pretty much everyone not named Garland or Hogz but seriously what does Lammikko bring to the team? 

For me, when he skates, he skates in straightlines, has good skating posture, and makes an effort to hit sometimes. It also looks like he's in the right position. 

For me, that has been enough to have him fly under the radar. 

That being said, results with him on the ice are pretty bad. 

Is it his poor line mates or is it him? 

He is a big piece of our crappy PK unit. 

Funny thing is, besides losing faceoffs, I can't find much to complain about him, but i always seem to see him on the ice when we are fishing the puck out of our net. 

1 hour ago, Ajax- said:

Stop drinking and YELLING at us

Go to bed

You can always tell the socially inept and not so sharp knives when they do this.

I got a buddy who is almost 50 but you can always pick him out of a list on emails.

Burt Johnson

Dave Perez

Janice White

CHRISTOPHE MOSSTINO

Rob Brent

Sally Struthers

:picard:

::D

Anyways I can't believe there are so many uneducated knobs blaming this all on the coach. Obviously the players should have a huge share of the blame for their performance. This team literally would produce the same results as a Potato, Rick Ley, or Scotty Bowman. These misfits are uncoachable. Trade them all and tank for 10 years straight. I'm going to bed, see ya all in 2031.

• Haha 1

We all know what the owners will do. Jim will be here until year end and then he will turn things over to the twins.

They love inexperienced management that they can manipulate. 

As soon as Linden started to voice his own ideas they moved him out.

• Haha 1