The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[DEBATE] Who will be the next coach of the Vancouver Canucks?

Rate this topic

Elias Pettersson

Who will be the next coach of the Vancouver Canucks?  

123 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, cuporbust said:

Probably shaw. Personally,  I don't want a single person from this group to stay, but it's likely shaw will be interm at the very least. 

Why?

I don't want to promote ANY coach here when not one is performing

Especially Shaw who was brought in to make defense better and at has been a disaster

Putting lipstick on a pig

Maybe he is an opportunist and not helping as he was brought in to do

If we are changing coaches for a new voice, then lets just move on altogether

Well Bruce would be able to get us into the playoffs atleast.  After that he can't coach worth squat come playoffs, but is an awesome regular season coach it seems

Bruch/Julien/Toccecht would be my preferred but I assume Shaw would be the interm since.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JM_ said:

I'd like to see Ralph take over as president of hockey op's.

I would love that, but I doubt he’s willing to take on a puppet position. That’s why Trevor Linden left (in my opinion).

Edited by Roger Neilsons Towel
Added “in my opinion”
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

Such an arrogant and stubborn pr*** who has absolutely no insight into his actions or the effect it has on other people.

Sounds like Green and his refusal to take responsibility for the team not being ready to play, and his insistence on playing useless AHL trash.

1 hour ago, Patel Bure said:

By the way, if it was up to me, I’d coax Joel Quennville to come out of retirement to coach.

Queenville, Bowman, Murray and etc are all flawed people that will get massacred in this market: by the fanbased and media. The Canucks/Vancouver market would rather let this ship sink.

Any coach, that has a winning track record over a long period of time in the NHL; and since this Vancouver, the new coach should not have any skeletons in his closet - basically, a robot or some one that presents themselves well to the public.

Edited by ShawnAntoski

3 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Queenville, Bowman, Murray and etc are all flawed people that will get massacred in this market: by the fanbased and media. The Canucks/Vancouver market would rather let this ship sink.

meh, they won't care if they win.  Same as *any* market except Montreal. There, winning isn't enough.  Ask Al MacNeil.

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan

5 minutes ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

Basically a mutual breakup. Trevor wouldn’t concede his vision (of a proper rebuild) and Aqua gave him an ultimatum (to concede to their rushed retool) and Linden held his ground (again my opinion).

I've always wondered if there's more to it than that. I suspect that declining seat and luxury box sales was also a major part of it. 

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

I personally will be picking a new team if any of those guys are hired, with the possible exception of Murray.  Character matters.

Unfortunately for the masses that issue is far down the list as long as you win imho.

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan

17 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

He stuck around to watch a NFL game in Vegas rather than travel with the team in a bit of turmoil.

If that is what is being reported (it seems like a shallow reason), then I would take it with a grain of salt. 

He knows what's going on; but perhaps a bit unsure on how to proceed cause they already had an aggressive offseason.  

This situation is surely making alot of people in the leadership group very uncomfortable; and rightfully, so cause they are getting paid to make decisions. 

Edited by ShawnAntoski

30 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Sounds like Green and his refusal to take responsibility for the team not being ready to play, and his insistence on playing useless AHL trash.

Hardly the same. Read the article about Babs.  You may consider Green incompetent, but there is no indication that he's abusive.