The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Potential Benning Replacements?

Rate this topic

PetterssonOrPeterson

17 hours ago, iceman64 said:

dude.. tell me what YOU would say if it was you reading this statement in what you said and that's why I asked if you were one of the people who went on the JT Miller trade? and YOU know where that was leading.. you obviously said your following everything and the fire JB has gotten around picks so with that said why do you think I asked that in the first place? how would you see it any other way? 

"Not to mention, being responsible for scouting he is experienced in the draft and develop method while keeping draft picks" 

If I'm not an assuming moron then I don't immediately associate that statement specifically with the JT Miller trade. That's what you did. End of story.

You know the JT Miller trade wasn't the only trade where Benning's traded picks right? Are you clueless or something?

You literally got triggered because I made a GENERAL statement: 

"Not to mention, being responsible for scouting he is experienced in the draft and develop method while keeping draft picks" 

and linked it specifically with the JT Miller trade.

You're literally framing it as if the JT Miller trade was the only trade Benning made that involved picks. So you ask me how do I see it any other way? I can see it in a multitude of other ways because he's MADE OTHER TRADES. It's not that difficult.

As I said in my previous post, I was talking about his moves in general. In. General. Meaning not this or that. This is something I already said in my previous post, and if you for some reason still don't understand, then I can't help you buddy. 

Learn to how to comprehend things and take some time to think instead of being triggered and immediately assuming I'm talking about the Miller trade. dude.

Have a good day.

13 hours ago, canuckster19 said:

I thought the rumour was Lombardi wanted nothing to do with Aquas supposed meddling. 

I think he’s be the best candidate as well, although I don’t know how he’s supposed to salvage this season other than possibly hiring a different coach which Benning SHOULD be capable of doing if Aqua is on board, honestly at this point who tf knows who’s pulling who’s strings.

If the GM gets canned, so too should the coach. If Green doesn't last, ownership can't let Benning replace him. It needs to be a total overhaul.

Edited by bad alice french
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, PetterssonOrPeterson said:

If I'm not an assuming moron then I don't immediately associate that statement specifically with the JT Miller trade. That's what you did. End of story.

You know the JT Miller trade wasn't the only trade where Benning's traded picks right? Are you clueless or something?

You literally got triggered because I made a GENERAL statement: 

and linked it specifically with the JT Miller trade.

You're literally framing it as if the JT Miller trade was the only trade Benning made that involved picks. So you ask me how do I see it any other way? I can see it in a multitude of other ways because he's MADE OTHER TRADES. It's not that difficult.

As I said in my previous post, I was talking about his moves in general. In. General. Meaning not this or that. This is something I already said in my previous post, and if you for some reason still don't understand, then I can't help you buddy. 

Learn to how to comprehend things and take some time to think instead of being triggered and immediately assuming I'm talking about the Miller trade. dude.

Have a good day.

it wasn't just that one and clearly from what the whole point of what I was saying was why would you even put it there in the first place because I comprehend the trades that everyone was slamming about JB for some of the trades that never showed results EXCEPT what would be shown in the future and there was only a certain numbers of players who would come here and mentor our young guys and put aside Stanley cup visions with a young team that needed grit too (we desperately needed) and leadership but everyone just jumped on it and screamed blue murder because transitioning from a slow retool to a full on build as all the old players from 2011 came off the books so JB at least had a vision for a team that would be fast, tough, and skilled. 

We're so close to being there but COVID and the cap freeze screwed the 2 year projection and so what? it happened and blaming more b.s. on a GM for everything that's happened is crazy, of course he wasn't perfect but he did a lot better than a lot of people give him credit for under the circumstances but that's easily forgotten. I actually agreed with a bit of what you said BUT when I read about that line, I asked you but it doesn't even matter since you wrote the whole thing instead of pointing out how we came to the point where we are now that's not finished YET! <====  

43 minutes ago, iceman64 said:

imo TG should be stealing out of Bowman's playbook, that man was genius...

Depends on the Bowman you're talking about. With Stan, I honestly think he was overrated given the nucleus of the team was handed to him on a silver platter and he ultimately signed contracts that would eventually catch up to him. That being said, he did keep things going a while at least. Overall, I think he was an average GM, but that's my opinion and we're obviously allowed to have differing opinions. ;)

Edited by The Lock

21 hours ago, wildcam said:

Pronger is s ready for a GM job, great with media, been assistant for his experience..

Plus, he seems to have enough douche in him to perhaps trigger Aquaman but enough charisma to still make it work.   

Anyways, not going to happen but it is fun speculating about Pronger as GM or PoHO.

• Vintage 1

51 minutes ago, iceman64 said:

it wasn't just that one and clearly from what the whole point of what I was saying was why would you even put it there in the first place because I comprehend the trades that everyone was slamming about JB for some of the trades that never showed results EXCEPT what would be shown in the future and there was only a certain numbers of players who would come here and mentor our young guys and put aside Stanley cup visions with a young team that needed grit too (we desperately needed) and leadership but everyone just jumped on it and screamed blue murder because transitioning from a slow retool to a full on build as all the old players from 2011 came off the books so JB at least had a vision for a team that would be fast, tough, and skilled. 

We're so close to being there but COVID and the cap freeze screwed the 2 year projection and so what? it happened and blaming more b.s. on a GM for everything that's happened is crazy, of course he wasn't perfect but he did a lot better than a lot of people give him credit for under the circumstances but that's easily forgotten. I actually agreed with a bit of what you said BUT when I read about that line, I asked you but it doesn't even matter since you wrote the whole thing instead of pointing out how we came to the point where we are now that's not finished YET! <====  

Hey Jim, how did the meeting go with Aquilini today?

17 hours ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Hey Jim, how did the meeting go with Aquilini today?

It went fine ty, seems like most fans don't like waiting, they'd rather go back to a butter soft team that wins all season then falls out in the first round but fans seem to love that.  ;)  

4 hours ago, iceman64 said:

It went fine ty, seems like most fans don't like waiting, they'd rather go back to a butter soft team that wins all season then falls out in the first round but fans seem to love that.  ;)  

Lol that comeback would work if:

1) We hadn’t already been waiting 8 years with little result to show for it.

and

2) This team wasnt far more soft than any of the previous regimes teams. Like by a million times.

and

3) this team actually won games. (I mean is winning in the regular season then losing in the playoffs really worse than just losing in the regular season and not making the playoffs? Not sure how that argument makes sense tbh)

Edited by wallstreetamigo
  • Sad 1