The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

To Francesco

Rate this topic

brokensticks

21 minutes ago, Sanford said:

Dear Francesco,

Since you hired Jim Benning you made a promise, a competitive team that will be amongst the best in the league within 2-3 years.  Since then 8 years have passed.  8 painful and losing years.

In this time I have:

Graduated from University

Had 3 relationships and finally marrying one

Had my first job

Quit my first Job

Got my second Job

Quit my second Job

Got my third Job

Had a beautiful son

Got a house for my family

Started to see wrinkles and a dad body

Entered my 30’s

Moved Towns from Coquitlam to Vancouver

Traveled the world

And through life ups and down, through my transformation, Jim ********* Benning still guides the poop light.  He is still there as a statue of failure and a reminder that the Canucks are the worst run franchise in the league.  

Instead today, I wake up, having seen my 20’s dissapear into the wind, having matured into a 30+ year old dad, and the realization that life is short.

I see that we have the worst start since 1997, I see that we have become the worst ever PK team in history and the league (32nd), I see that we are in a worst position then when Benning decided to take over this team.  This is madness, this was 1/3 of my life, 1/3 of watching my Canucks losing and losing and losing some more.

I will not be spending a single penny, and I would never let my son watch this mess.  

Fix this!  Do the right thing and fire these idiot baboons!  Fire Benning! Weisbrod! Green!  And fire all their merry band of baboons and idiots.

Signed:

Angry and once loyal Fan.

keep reaching for those stars and one day you might just be able to add "passed grade 3 math" to that list of accomplishments. 

• Haha 1
  • Wat 1
  • Sad 1

Dear Francesco,

Change is needed, fire the coach and fire benning if he disagrees with firing green.

Fans are having enough of broken promises words mean nothing action everything IT HAS BEEN 8 YEARS!

Do you know how long 8 years is, the win percentage speak for themselves.

We do not want to waste another season on this garbage system implemented by junior level coaches in green and baum.

Get a respectable coach not a rookie coach and take a deep look if benning is right for this job.

If this continues I will have to switch to my second favourite team in Anaheim.

Honestly, don't bother with these letters. These people can't be pleaded with. All they see is money and the only way you can get to them is through money. Stop getting all riled up, chances are they don't read these and even if they do they don't care. Don't buy ticket don't buy merchandise, when they lose enough money they will put the team up for sale.

1 hour ago, brokensticks said:

To Francesco:

I was a student at UBC when the Canucks were born. Although my funds were scarce, I went to as many games as I could afford for the first few years. In the 1980's, I had a mortgage and young family but still found the money to split season tickets (2 seats) with a friend. I had to let them go when we moved out of the Vancouver area.

I currently own 3 Canuck jerseys, 8 t-shirts, 4 hats, socks, underwear, cups, mugs, books, flags and even pencils that I paid a fortune for. This doesn't include all the stuff I bought as presents for family members.

In April 2011, my wife and I made a hurried (and expensive) trip from Australia to Vancouver, imposed on friends for 6 weeks and paid a fortune for tickets to see the Canucks run for the Cup because I was convinced this was the year they would finally win and I wanted to be a part of it.

Francesco, you will not see another dime from me until you fix this broken team. 

Based on what I see in the media, there are a lot of other people who feel the same way and this can't be good for the value of your asset.

Good senior managers know they need to surround themselves with the right people - proven, experienced experts who are allowed to do the job they were hired for - without interference. Hiring inexperienced people with the hope that it might work because it's the cheaper option is a recipe for disaster and that's what you currently have; a team that is disgraceful and difficult to want to be a part of.

You need to give us some hope and the current management and coach have lost the ability to give us that.

Regards,

A Loyal Fan

Good job . 

1 hour ago, brokensticks said:

To Francesco:

I was a student at UBC when the Canucks were born. Although my funds were scarce, I went to as many games as I could afford for the first few years. In the 1980's, I had a mortgage and young family but still found the money to split season tickets (2 seats) with a friend. I had to let them go when we moved out of the Vancouver area.

I currently own 3 Canuck jerseys, 8 t-shirts, 4 hats, socks, underwear, cups, mugs, books, flags and even pencils that I paid a fortune for. This doesn't include all the stuff I bought as presents for family members.

In April 2011, my wife and I made a hurried (and expensive) trip from Australia to Vancouver, imposed on friends for 6 weeks and paid a fortune for tickets to see the Canucks run for the Cup because I was convinced this was the year they would finally win and I wanted to be a part of it.

Francesco, you will not see another dime from me until you fix this broken team. 

Based on what I see in the media, there are a lot of other people who feel the same way and this can't be good for the value of your asset.

Good senior managers know they need to surround themselves with the right people - proven, experienced experts who are allowed to do the job they were hired for - without interference. Hiring inexperienced people with the hope that it might work because it's the cheaper option is a recipe for disaster and that's what you currently have; a team that is disgraceful and difficult to want to be a part of.

You need to give us some hope and the current management and coach have lost the ability to give us that.

Regards,

A Loyal Fan

Thank you for your service.  I hope the underwear you have has been washed and is available for use at the next game...

Dear Jim!

I moved from Ukraine to Vancouver just to live in the same city with my beloved Canucks. I’ve almost got a divorce doing this because we have relatives in Toronto and no relatives or friends in Vancouver, and I had to borrow money to pay for the tickets because tickets from Kiev to Vancouver were much more expensive than to Toronto.

I arrived just in time to see the dark Keenan’s times with my own eyes. But I’ve never been so upset, disappointed as today. Sorry, but I can not see any future of this team until you and coach Green are working for Canucks.

Please, do me and thousands of my fellow fans a favour and resign.   

Thank you

Edited by Silent Man
Mistake

Imagine simping for a billionaire because his family bought the local sports team. The amount of slack Aquilini is cut by this fanbase just because his family purchased the Canucks is amazing. 

I'd like to see the Kraken start getting some major coverage here. Give fans local hockey fans an option. 

• Haha 1

I can picture Benning explaining to the owners why the team isn’t doing well.

”Like you know, we didn’t have Poolman or Hamonic, and Motte’s a real important piece for us. And like the refs made some real questionable calls. And like we have a lot of new players. We think we have a real strong group here though. We just gotta be patient.”

With the excuses that we’ve heard in the past I wouldn’t be surprised if it went something like that.