The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Colorado Avalanche at Vancouver Canucks | Nov. 17, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

9 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I’m not even convinced he watches the games at this point.

I think the only thing he cares about is how many tickets are selling.

Fans really need to stop buying tickets if they want change.

Yes. I read that NHL teams are more reliant on ticket sales for revenue than any other major sport. Vote with your wallet. Aquaman will hear that chant.

1 minute ago, CanadianRugby said:

I can't watch this post game.  It's so awkward and depressing.  I feel bad for everyone getting interviewed.  Get Benning in front of the mike. 

Benning is too chicken**** to get in front of a mic. Rarely gives interviews. I can’t stand Matt Sekeres and Blake Price but I would pay money to tune in and listen to those two grill him about what’s happening.  

11 minutes ago, Vinny in Vancouver said:

Ok, let me explain: 1 <<<<< 4.

In English: one is much less than four (which is by itself arguable since those numbers are only 3 units apart, but I digress).

So, you said:

The hockey knowledge of Paterson + Drance <<<< The popularity of Green + Benning

Substituting "1" and "4" in the equation above with you wrote, you are essentially saying:
The hockey knowledge of Paterson + Drance is much less than The popularity of Green + Benning

I personally think it should be the other way around:

The hockey knowledge of Paterson + Drance is greater than The popularity of Green + Benning

which in mathematical equation is:

The hockey knowledge of Paterson + Drance > The popularity of Green + Benning

That's a close one.  

Drance is a blogger that studied PR.  He's figured out that negativity sells the most, so it doesn't really matter what's going on with the team he'll be singing the same tune.  His claim to fame of "working in the NHL" is actually being a social media guy for the Panthers.  

Patterson is still around?  Haven't heard from him in a long time.  

However Green's popularity is very very low at the moment, even amongst his own players.  

1 minute ago, GB5 said:

Green called Hughes penalty "just finishing a hit" @#$%

The coach is delusional and holds no accountability to his players.

This is why we see the same effort every game. Green keeps convincing them they’re getting better despite them being even worse.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

...the calls & hits are gruelling & make it like being the underdogs in the WW1 trenches... 

but the more you stick with your skills and with being tenacious the more you will retake lost ground,

Don't let anyone tell you otherwise!

Go Canucks Go!

With the meeting the other day and nothing coming out of it in terms of changes the ownership basically said this is our team and not even fans are going to tell us what to do. They would rather keep losing than admit they were wrong. Basically telling fans to screw off. They are going to do what they want when they feel like doing it. Not when fans tell them. They have so much pride.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

1 minute ago, sassbs said:

Cracking Up Lol GIF

green was never a good coach!  Not even in Utica 

I always wondered why he was this shoe-in candidate to be our next coach when he was in Utica.

He had next to no graduates from the Comets move on to play for the Canucks.

I know they made the Calder Cup finals once, but they basically scored zero goals that year and, as Green's MO seems to be, praying for top notch goaltending, which they had in Markstrom who was killer that season in Utica.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

42 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

You honestly expect Aquilini to be able to assess what’s wrong with the team?

The guy makes money selling real estate in the easiest city in the world to make money on real estate. He’s not some savvy businessman. He inherited money from his daddy just like Trump.

Time for better ownership. Only thing that will actually change things.

Sorry but he spends to the Cap. Imagine, we could have Ottawa's owner.

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1

Hughes almost slugged the ref that grabbed him, thinking it was an Avs player. Pretty funny. What the heck was he thinking?  Miller was already in the box for his stupidity.  Made me think, I wonder if they did that stuff on purpose. Both were just so undisciplined at a terrible time.  I really feel that Green has lost the room, has nothing left to give, he's out of ideas. This team is sick, they've got to get rid of the problem.

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I would trade Miller at this point to be honest. His value will never be higher.

Great passionate player but honestly his poor defensive play costs us too much. Can’t win with players with that lack of discipline.

There is something to be said for selling high. This season is over so if you could get valuable assets for him then maybe. After all, how much worse can they get.