The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Chicago Blackhawks at Vancouver Canucks | Nov. 21, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

5 minutes ago, Bure_of_94 said:

What I remember about that, is their captain(Ovechkin) stepped up and fought the next game  after that. That’s true leadership in a slump when the team is flat. 

meh i said horvat is not captain material couple weeks ago and ppl ripped me for it. apparently he leads by example by winning faceoff and putting up points when it's already irrelevant.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

33 minutes ago, JoshuaGuy said:

Be honest with yourself. Do you actually have any more &^@#s to give? I know I'm all out. Just here out of habit at this point. Wasn't even upset by the result, I saw it coming 3 minutes in. 

not me

I actually thought we'd lose 1-0 in the shoot out

We are the softest, most perimeter team in the NHL. Bar none.

Even worse, there is the identity of excuse making and big talk but no walk from Benning to Green to the players.

Playing better isn’t enough. Not anymore. Win or stfu. Because they are right it’s not good enough. The trouble is they won’t do what it takes to make it good enough.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I’ll get a tiny bit of excitement after a win, like a small rush of positivity. Then the next game happens, and it’s right back to square one, happens pretty much every time. 
I would seriously consider shopping Boeser, and EP needs to be healthy scratched for a game or two. Their job is to score goals and points to contribute to wins, they’re flat out not doing their job. I don’t care if they’re “playing better” or “finding their game” or “gaining confidence.” PRODUCE TANGIBLE RESULTS!

if I showed up to work every day and didn’t do my job? I’d be fired very quickly. I also earn about .0005 % of what these guys earn too

Edited by whcanuck

36 minutes ago, Bure_of_94 said:

Year 2000, Sedins rookie campaign and the start of the west coast express. They were starting to climb and at least made the playoffs  that year. 

We’re in the same situation, but seem to still be falling down.

This is definitely worse 

• Upvote 2

57 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

Fully agree , make the move before its too late

Been saying this all along.  Boeser has a quick release which can work well on the pp, but aside from that he isnt a skill player.  Youll never see him handle and skate the puck the way you see Podz,  hogz, or even garland do, and if he tries, he loses is.  His skating is below average and gets worse each year.  No one gets given more prime scoring opportunity than him, and for what he gets handed, he shows little.  Hes a soft, one dimensional player and you cant have these types tying up your cap if you want to contend.

Edited by EddieVedder
  • Like 1
  • Vintage 1

8 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

Agree.  Bo looks defeated.

He is a team first guy who has defended his coach and played for him.

This coach is terrible and it is now wrecking our captain.

Fire this terrible coach right now.  Not one more day. Not one more game. Not one more excuse.

Every single player green has had contact with re-gresses.   He despises creativity, hates initiative & drive and beats the motivation out of every single player he's ever come into contact with until they are shells of their former selves and taught his failing ways. 

Name me one single players that has evolved in droves under green - just one?

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Bure_of_94 said:

What I remember about that, is their captain(Ovechkin) stepped up and fought the next game  after that. That’s true leadership in a slump when the team is flat. 

They didn't win jack with that coach.  It was Trotz who was the head coach when they won their Cup.  They haven't come close since he left that team.

Just now, RU SERIOUS said:

Every single player green has had contact with re-gresses.   He despises creativity, hates initiative & drive and beats the motivation out of every single player he's ever come into contact with until they are shells of their former selves and taught his failing ways. 

I have no idea why the Sportsnet 650 guys keep saying he’s a great coach, he’ll definitely catch on somewhere else after he leaves Vancouver, he’s destined for success etc. Those guys are constantly saying it

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

The new guys have doing pretty well (the major ones anyhow).  

27 minutes ago, Jack Fig said:

No sir. Talent is one thing, winners are another. Far too often, the twain do not meet. 

is there a player on our roster where the twain meet?

our biggest deal of the off season was stealing from the poor

• Like 1