The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Chicago Blackhawks at Vancouver Canucks | Nov. 21, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, N4ZZY said:

If the cycle game doesn't suit one of your star players, then maybe the coach needs to adapt his system and strategy so that his star players can thrive. That makes sense to me, doesn't it? 

Exactly.... do you see the Hawks forcing Patrick Kane to play physical behind the net and play a cycle game???

No, even the previous fired Hawks coach wasn't that stupid... Kane plays an open ice, passing game... using drop passes after entering the zone, or button hooking, cutting to the middle... he always stays high in the zone, rarely gets below the goal line.

2 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Why do you hate Hoglander? Playing with Pearson has turned Horvat into a shell of his former self. 

Höglander is my Swedish buddy.  Why would I hate him?  My idea is to get Horvat out of his slump while a guy like Höglander can drive the 3rd line.  It's better than only having one good line.  Until they trade Boeser and Miller and Klimovich is ready not much can really change in the top 9.

• Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, Darius said:

I kinda agree with this because when ep and Boeser are together 3v3 they show great creativity and attack the net.  They aren’t afraid to think out of the box and they usually dominate.  I get the feeling they have the green light to do what  they want ias opposed to playing the system 

5v5 they dump in too much and neither of them are particularly good at puck retrieval 

so why doesn't Green adapt his system to fit more of his star players on the team? 

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Höglander is my Swedish buddy.  Why would I hate him?  My idea is to get Horvat out of his slump while a guy like Höglander can drive the 3rd line.  It's better than only having one good line.  Until they trade Boeser and Miller and Klimovich is ready not much can really change in the top 9.

Horvat is quickly approaching write off territory under this coach. He could have been a 1C quality guy until he got shackled to Pearson.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Well, I think it's management as well and the way they've treated players (past). Those kinds of things spill over. I don't understnad how this management team is so unintelligent in that area and how they don't understand. Their incompetence and their toxic culture has ruined this organization down to their players. Everyone has to go. Benning, Weisbrod, Green, Baumgartner, King, etc.

Replace them with competent people and turn this $&!# show around. Because enough is enough already. Holy &^@#. 

Agree completely 

4 minutes ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

Exactly.... do you see the Hawks forcing Patrick Kane to play physical behind the net and play a cycle game???

No, even the previous fired Hawks coach wasn't that stupid... Kane plays an open ice, passing game... using drop passes after entering the zone, or button hooking, cutting to the middle... he always stays high in the zone, rarely gets below the goal line.

So why does Green insist that his star players change their game to suit his system? 

If it's not working, adapt and change your system so that your players can thrive! 

• Cheers 1

Where is this interview where Benning says its not Green's fault and blames it on the players?

Where does he say there might be a trade coming?

If this is the case, the f*cking bozo has lost any respect I had for him for his drafting skills... if he wants to p*ss away in a trade the only good things he has done, then he should be fired.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Horvat is quickly approaching write off territory under this coach. He could have been a 1C quality guy until he got shackled to Pearson.

I mean, Benning liked the guy so much he extended him too. So it's not just on Green. If you're the GM and you remove the player (like Pearson), then Green is forced to put someone else with Bo. But Benning does the stupid thing and places the one player Green loved putting with Bo. It's Dumb and Dumber leading the way. And fans, and players alike can all see that. This organization is a $&!# show and it shows. Everyone can see it. It's only a matter of time until it hits the owners pockets, and when that happens, change will truly occur. 

In some sense, I am conflicted. I want my team to do well, and thrive, because that means if the team thrives, the individual players generally play well. But if the team is playing well, then nothing systemically will change. So things need to get worse, far worse, before systemic changes can occur with this franchise. 

We need Roberto Aquilini, to step in and lead the way. Relieve Francesco. Seems like an idiot to me. 

• Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Yeah, exactly. But what is the reason for his change of game? How did Bo go from driving the net, and being a player that plays in the tough areas, to being a player that plays on the perimeter and not doing the things that was a staple of his game? Is that on Green or another reason(s)? 

Yep, Bo is the new edition of Mason Raymond.

Testosterone levels have dropped since he got wife and child.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Westcoasting said:

Something is seriously wrong with this team and it is more than coaching...

Agreed! 

Look at the last time we were all farting rainbows for this team 

Bubble playoffs. 

No one was bitching about Green.

No one was bitching about Benning

So we lost Marky-  He was injured and Demko got us into gm 7 against Vegas

So we lost Toffoli- Wasn't he injured for most of the bubble?

So we lost Tanev- He scored a big OT goal against St. Louis in a series we were going to win. Other then that? 

Love him or hate him, Jimbo brought back a very decent core group this year. 

There's no way loosing Marky, Tanev, etc, made Green a bad coach. Or Benning a bad gm. 

There is definitely something else going on, as this team coached by Green, managed by Jim, is better then the bubble team, as you guessed coached and managed by the same. 

PLAYERS need to figure this out. 

6 minutes ago, Darius said:

green is in over his head.  Better coaches have been fired for less I bet 

Seems like it. 

How is Chicago, who sucks by the way, who played on a back to back, won against a team at home, who's been well rested and waiting. 

There is literally no &^@#ing excuse for tonight's loss. 

When you have offensive players like Boeser, Pettersson, Horvat, Miller, Garland, and you get shut out 1-0, when the Hawks were playing the night before, I mean, what else can be said. I am almost at a loss for words here on these boards. I love my team, so I continue to discuss them. But it's getting more and more difficult finding new things to talk about with this team. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

If Klimovich can be ready for next year then we have a ready made replacement for Brock.  That way we can trade Brock for a 2022 1st and a top prospect.  That's what I would do.  Trade Miller for a legit 3C and some help on defense.  And with the extra cap space we can plug the holes on the 4th line with legit penalty killers.

Whether it's Benning or a new GM making those deals, that is what needs to be done in my opinion in order to take the next step.  

Boudreau seems like the best replacement for Green at this point. 

boser to MIN for ericksson EK- there is a great young guy to play 3C + Greenway + a 2nd

Petey  to NYI for Dobson and Raty

3 minutes ago, Vancan2021 said:

There's no way loosing Marky, Tanev, etc, made Green a bad coach. Or Benning a bad gm. 

It isn't loosing those players. It's how they felt they were treated by management. That kind of thing doens't just stay with one player. Word spreads.