The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] J.T. Miller Trade/Contract Talks

Podzilla

5 minutes ago, RWJC said:

While I agree with some points, I think it’s really easy to forget who Bo has been to this team. Obviously something is wrong at the moment, and very likely a locker room rift as to why he isn’t stepping up in situations to protect teammates.

I don’t care what’s going on in the room, imho the captain should ALWAYS be first one to avenge a dirty hit on a teammate while on ice. Yeah he also has to play relatively diplomatic but he can do that with an edge. Problem is he’s not, there is no edge, and that’s the example of what this team represents right now.

I think he’s taken on too much of the persona/role as an NHLPA diplomat.

His compete has gone from heavy and motivated to lenient and passive (thank you Green) almost as though he’s playing against friends. It’s very strange.

I firmly believe he’s of part of the group in the locker room who are dissident.

I think the Captaincy was a forced error ,  they were talking “future captain” In The media here as soon as we got him.

It was a burden he did not need,.  It’s not in his tool box.

• Huggy Bear 1

3 hours ago, IBatch said:

Trade this trade that ..., maybe just start with the basics.  A new coach and GM .   Then go from there. 

Yep… do those two things first and then let the new guy watch the players for a few weeks to figure out a course of action.  That would make us ready to pull the trigger on trades after Christmas 

38 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

Benning is desperate, trust me.

Benning was focused on the window that opens when Petey gets 25 .

Why did Benning shift to a faster scenario and spend draftpicks like it was candy?

Ok I’ll trust you that Benning is desperate. 
That ask has convinced me.

Of course, you must be 1st source in order to have such trust bestowed upon you.

You know Benning personally I gather.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Me_ said:

Ok I’ll trust you that Benning is desperate. 
That ask has convinced me.

Of course, you must be 1st source in order to have such trust bestowed upon you.

You know Benning personally I gather.

I’m his uncle but that isn’t important. 

• Haha 2

The only way I trade Miller is at the trade deadline this year and we know he doesn’t want to re-sign with us in a year and a half. Also if you do decide to trade Miller with his contract and production there’ll be a lot of suitors. Start a bidding war and get the best young Center or dman prospect offer. Definitely don’t do the trade for a small winger.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, JM_ said:

I think expecting him gone, and being OK with him gone, are very different things. I'm fine with an upgrade on Jim, but to just get rid of him and bring in anyone (that could be worse like Chiarelli) is silly.

No, I'm very much talking about people expecting and/or rooting for him to be fired.

There was a poll on Twitter (granted Twitter is a cesspool) last week with the options of preference for the Canucks turning it around and start winning, or they keep losing so Benning gets fired. Guess what percentage of these twit 'fans' voted for the latter...?

26 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

The only way I trade Miller is at the trade deadline this year and we know he doesn’t want to re-sign with us in a year and a half. Also if you do decide to trade Miller with his contract and production there’ll be a lot of suitors. Start a bidding war and get the best young Center or dman prospect offer. Definitely don’t do the trade for a small winger.

Horvat for  Trenin / Nashville and a pick. :ph34r:

damn guy looks very C Neely like.

3 hours ago, JM_ said:

hmm... dunno. Seems like something we don't need to be worried about.

If Miller e.g., really is on the block there will be a good market for him. If not, we don't need to sell low at all. We have no pressure at all to fire sale him.

Benning has a lot of pressure to fire sell someone if he wants to keep his and greens jobs. 

Just because there is a good market doesn’t mean we should trust Benning to get the best return for the team. He has a sketchy track record for overvaluing the wrong kind of players. 

4 hours ago, stawns said:

I don't think JB is as desperate as you want him to be.  I think he and FA are on the same page

The last thing I want is for Benning to be desperate. Because any time he has been he &^@#s our team for years. Aquilini may be on the same page right now but how long will that last when the apathy that is already seeping into the fan base hits the bottom line?

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

No, I'm very much talking about people expecting and/or rooting for him to be fired.

There was a poll on Twitter (granted Twitter is a cesspool) last week with the options of preference for the Canucks turning it around and start winning, or they keep losing so Benning gets fired. Guess what percentage of these twit 'fans' voted for the latter...?

I can not actively hope the Canucks lose for any reason. 

Winning or losing now really shouldn’t matter much though. The season is already pretty close to being lost without a miracle turnaround. What should matter is fixing what is actually broken so this team can become consistently competitive. The main thing broken and holding the team back is coaching. The main thing keeping that dynamic in place is management. 

I am rooting for Benning to be fired because he is a sub par GM that apparaemtly can’t see how truly awful the coaching on this team is.