The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] J.T. Miller Trade/Contract Talks

Podzilla

7 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Kadri is a punk,  his ego is as mixed up as your comparisons, and I’ve never seen his style of play rub off on anybody.

Swish!

fail good day GIF by 1331Creative

Kadri may be a punk. But he's a punk with a Stanley Cup ring on his finger! 

27 minutes ago, winthecup said:

geez i dont remember the likes of Joe Sakic, Steve Yzerman and Ron Francis ever having those leadership qualities.

True, but that’s a different era.

Today’s hockey showcases and highlights excitement and passion, not to mention wardrobes, goal cellies, etc, etc. 

it doesn’t suppress or frown on personality.

A team leader or captain doesn’t just have to be the strong silent type anymore.

Landeskog publicly calling out refereeing:

https://www.denverpost.com/2022/03/12/chambers-avalanches-gabe-landeskog/amp/

Bergeron giving it to the entire team on the bench:

Jordan Staal arrested for obstruction:

https://www.espn.com/nhl/news/story?id=2949057

Toews complaining about refereeing:

https://fansided.com/2013/05/19/jonathan-toews-blasts-refs-for-not-controlling-game-after-chicago-blackhawks-loss/amp/

Benn busting sticks out of frustration:

http://www.hockeygearnation.com/jamie-benn-destroys-his-bauer-supreme-1s-sticks/

Larkin suckerpunch:

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/nhl/red-wings/2021/10/18/detroit-red-wings-dylan-larkin-suspension/8511063002/

McDavid, Crosby complaining etc etc.  basically I could go on and on with examples of current captains displaying non-captaincy behaviours.

to think JTM is criticized the way he is for his own behaviour is a bit ridiculous to me.

Edited by RWJC
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Kadri may be a punk. But he's a punk with a Stanley Cup ring on his finger! 

Tanner Pearson has one, as does Alex Chiasson.  I have more respect for them then for Kadri, Stanley Cup ring or not. 

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

Kadri is a punk,  his ego is as mixed up as your comparisons, and I’ve never seen his style of play rub off on anybody.

Swish!

no not really.. he's scoring he's chirping he's hitting, he's whining, he's basically doing everything Miller but sometime crosses the line.. and yes you have never seen his style of play rub off on anyone coz you don't watch any of colorado's game maybe a couple in the playoffs and when the canucks play them in the regular season lol. i think your ego is just pure messed up lol. all you do is bash players you don't like and insult anyone that doesn't agree with you lol. the all mighty i'm always right you are always wrong.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, RWJC said:

True, but that’s a different era.

Today’s hockey showcases and highlights excitement and passion, not to mention wardrobes, goal cellies, etc, etc. 

it doesn’t suppress or frown on personality.

A team leader or captain doesn’t just have to be the strong silent type anymore.

Landeskog publicly calling out refereeing:

https://www.denverpost.com/2022/03/12/chambers-avalanches-gabe-landeskog/amp/

Bergeron giving it to the entire team on the bench:

Jordan Staal arrested for obstruction:

https://www.espn.com/nhl/news/story?id=2949057

Toews complaining about refereeing:

https://fansided.com/2013/05/19/jonathan-toews-blasts-refs-for-not-controlling-game-after-chicago-blackhawks-loss/amp/

Benn busting sticks out of frustration:

http://www.hockeygearnation.com/jamie-benn-destroys-his-bauer-supreme-1s-sticks/

Larkin suckerpunch:

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/nhl/red-wings/2021/10/18/detroit-red-wings-dylan-larkin-suspension/8511063002/

McDavid, Crosby complaining etc etc.  basically I could go on and on with examples of current captains displaying non-captaincy behaviours.

to think JTM is criticized the way he is for his own behaviour is a bit ridiculous to me.

no one is critizing JTM for his behavior.. just pointing out being vocal doesn't automatically make you a great leader.. the lack of effort he puts on the defensive side of the puck if he's not already in the defensive zone is mind boggling.. he's got to be near the top of the league in times caught completely giving up on the play or making 0 efforts to make a play to me is not a great leader trait. the amount of time he straight up gives up on the play after he turns it over the 3 years here have got to be more than both the sedins combined in their career. what does that show the young guy? as long as u put up decent amount of points you don't have to play defense?

JTM for sure is a leader type of guy.. but for me he's more of a ME first type of leader vs Bo is more of a team first type of leader.

• Upvote 3
  • Vintage 1

10 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

no one is critizing JTM for his behavior.. just pointing out being vocal doesn't automatically make you a great leader.. the lack of effort he puts on the defensive side of the puck if he's not already in the defensive zone is mind boggling.. he's got to be near the top of the league in times caught completely giving up on the play or making 0 efforts to make a play to me is not a great leader trait. the amount of time he straight up gives up on the play after he turns it over the 3 years here have got to be more than both the sedins combined in their career. what does that show the young guy? as long as u put up decent amount of points you don't have to play defense?

JTM for sure is a leader type of guy.. but for me he's more of a ME first type of leader vs Bo is more of a team first type of leader.

I’ve seen what you’re talking about but what I haven’t seen is anyone from the coaching staff make a fuss about it. 
it looks polarizing for sure. 
the flip side of it is that hockey is a fast game, and if he’s not racing back to counter the play it can also set up an outnumbered attack should the dmen or other backcheckers press, do their part of the job, and cause a turnover.

if you’ve seen the game live, you’ll also remember that the distance of the ice surface and the speed of the game is much different in aspect, and the TV broadcast often presents a visual which from the fan perspective makes things appear much closer and amenable.

im not going to candy coat it. I also have witnessed what you’ve explained and although I don’t like the visual, I also understand that sometimes when you’re giving 100 and gassed, you sometimes have to just resign to your teammates to also bail you out. Much like the team has often relied on him to carry them through. 

Some of us see it as giving up on the play. I highly doubt teammates see it the same way. It’s give and take, imho. 

as well, it’s not like he doesnt backcheck. I can recall plenty of times where he’s been one of the most aggressive players in those games at both ends of the rink. 

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

Swish!

Stanley Cup winner will be getting a 8+ mill per year long term deal..

Teams win with a guy like Kadri.. that's why he'll be in high demand as UFA.

• Cheers 2
  • Huggy Bear 1

1 hour ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

There are so many people preaching doom and gloom should Miller be dealt. Like the Canucks are choosing Bo Horvat over JT Miller solely over his production or leadership qualities alone. Not thinking bigger picture.

Don't you think Vancouver would love this version of JT Miller locked up long term? Absolutely, thing is Miller by now people must understand is speculated to be choosing a bigger contract then the team can justify. All indications are the team and player are far apart.

Couple that with Miller being 30 yrs old. Any longer term contract will have the fans eating their words in years 4? 5? Onwards.

The Canucks cannot afford to retain Miller, the team needs to keep bringing in youth and quality at that. Miller will most likely net Vancouver two good young players and draft capital. 

Even the GM said Miller has been the team's best player, that doesn't mean you lock in and add another problem contract into Vancouver's future. We have not seen the likes of Demko, Pettersson, and Hughes as an elite level core before. Let's build around that and enjoy the ride.

Miller is an asset, uncommonly even this particular asset has appreciated and dare I say continues to right now. Take advantage and build a better team.

Miller is more of an asset if he stayed on this team pending a reasonable contract that has reasonable term and a reasonable cap hit. If that is not the case then our management will obviously trade him to the highest bidder. Not even hard core Miller fans like myself would question it if it came down to that. 

Edited by grandmaster

4 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

Miller is more of an asset if he stayed on this team pending a reasonable contract that has reasonable term and a reasonable cap hit. If that does not Brock me the case then our management will obviously trade him to the highest bidder. Not even hard core Miller fans like myself would question it if it came down to that. 

Totally agree. 

Regardless, cheers brother!

Brock me Amadeus.

apologies, I have to lay off the weed.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1