The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] J.T. Miller Trade/Contract Talks

Podzilla

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

We need young guys who play hard and have skill.  Then we use the 20OA to pick Lambert.  Those three become our new third line and will push the top six for minutes.  We would be younger, faster, tougher, and better.  

Plus Miller 30 years old and wants 8 years deal, so another team must be in position to resign him and compete for a cup. Add F/A list on July 13, (Kadri for example) and numbers of teams who Realistically can/want to trade for Miller can be limited. 

I am in no rush because if he is not traded today, next week is also fine as it allows for teams to work out an extension but also ensures they are giving up 2023 picks as opposed to this year.  The value of what you have vs what might be is essential.

The rumoured offer of Kravstov/Lundqvist and a 1st from the rags doesn't even budge the gd needle for me.  A former 9th overall RW that can't even produce near ppg numbers in the KHL over such giants as Corban Knight and Curtis Valk. And or a tiny non productive thus far small RHD that gets bodied off the puck by guys like Jeff Skinner do less than nothing to help the Canucks and their roster/depth and futures problems at all.

If he isn't traded today, this thread will hit 850 pages by this time tomorrow and literally nothing will have changed.

• Cheers 4

7 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Washington’s offer is getting closer but still doesn’t solve our needs.

No right shot D or legit top 6 forward. We don’t need bottom 6 role players.

I understand not getting a right shot D is tough, but two quality center prospects with top 6 potential, one of which should be able to step in as our 3C next year, and a 1st rd pick. That's hard to turn down if true. Virtually no cap taken up as well, which allows us to go hunting in free agency or flip one of the assets for a defenseman. Also allows us to go after D pretty much exclusively in this draft or next year's draft depending on when the deal would be made.

5 minutes ago, gizmo2337 said:

Colorado: Nathan MacKinnon
Tampa: Stamkos
St Louis -
Washington: Alexander Ovechkin
Pittsburgh: Fleury, Crosby
Chicago - Kane
LA -
Boston - 

1st overall not required, but it sure helps.

lol St. louis, LA and Boston all had top 3 picks on their teams as well.

Just now, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I understand not getting a right shot D is tough, but two quality center prospects with top 6 potential, one of which should be able to step in as our 3C next year, and a 1st rd pick. That's hard to turn down if true. Virtually no cap taken up as well, which allows us to go hunting in free agency or flip one of the assets for a defenseman. Also allows us to go after D pretty much exclusively in this draft or next year's draft depending on when the deal would be made.

Always BPA.

Those two might not even pan out at this point. Gotta have a blue chip player in this deal.

Its a decent offer but they need to hold out for more.

22 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

says who?  

these are highly skilled barely 21 year olds that have scored and been their teams top players at every level. 

they both have top 6 projections. 

Who are they going to displace Horvat or Petey? Both bring pretty much the same thing, would prefer one of them and a Dman. 

Just now, Baratheon said:

lol St. louis, LA and Boston all had top 3 picks on their teams as well.

Boston didn’t have their own top five pick that was key to their core and winning.  LA had Doughty, and St Louis had Peitrangelo.  Only the Bruins in the cap era.  Very poor odds of winning the Cup without at least one key core piece coming from a top five pick.  The more the better. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Lol, is that actually the leverage they’re trying to use to lowball a 100 point player.

These teams are obviously interested stop trying to use the media as a puppet and make a real offer.

I had a good laugh when I read that 

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Boston didn’t have their own top five pick that was key to their core and winning.  LA had Doughty, and St Louis had Peitrangelo.  Only the Bruins in the cap era.  Very poor odds of winning the Cup without at least one key core piece coming from a top five pick.  The more the better. 

Even Boston had Horton.  I think Detroit is literally the ONE team that has won the cup in the cap era without a top 3 pick.  Or did they have someone that I'm forgetting?

25 minutes ago, TmanVan said:

Does that apply with Minty? He's already playing in the Ohl, not Russia. If your're just worried about getting players out of the country in general, I think that will be a short term problem. 

Ya I’m just getting my hopes up somehow we get him At 15 be a huge break Canucks need