The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] J.T. Miller Trade/Contract Talks

Podzilla

55 minutes ago, KKnight said:

Byram, Helleson and a 1st. 

I’m staying far away from Byram. 

Concussion issues already and still so young. I would not be surprised if he retires before he’s 30, or 25.

• Cheers 2

4 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

I’m staying far away from Byram. 

Concussion issues already and still so young. I would not be surprised if he retires before he’s 30, or 25.

Plenty of players get over concussion issues.  Not saying it wouldnt be a risk, it would........but it by could be a franchise changing payoff if it worked out

5 minutes ago, stawns said:

Plenty of players get over concussion issues.  Not saying it wouldnt be a risk, it would........but it by could be a franchise changing payoff if it worked out

You take risks if you're trading someone that isn't your best player outside of Demko.  Moving a guy like Miller and taking a huge risk in Byram would be foolish.  If Byram was a secondary or third piece in a package, that's completely different.  For example, if he came in a package that included Newhook, I'd be good with that.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, HKSR said:

You take risks if you're trading someone that isn't your best player outside of Demko.  Moving a guy like Miller and taking a huge risk in Byram would be foolish.  If Byram was a secondary or third piece in a package, that's completely different.  For example, if he came in a package that included Newhook, I'd be good with that.

You're not getting a Byram for scraps, concussions or not.  You're talking about a potential franchise dman

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

Dude, were not getting byram for miller.  Hes a 20 yr old kid with norris potential.

He's a 20 year old kid who is one bad sneeze away from wearing a helmet the rest of his life and drinking his soup through a straw

• Sad 1
  • Vintage 2

10 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

Too bad it was horvats elbow to byrams head that knocked him out of hockey since that hit.. seems he literally have a target on his head

it wasn't even a penalty though, and zero retaliation, how bad could that hit have been?

2 minutes ago, JM_ said:

it wasn't even a penalty though, and zero retaliation, how bad could that hit have been?

Well the ref missed the clear elbow right in the face and it was pure accidental as horvat was leaning backward bracing for a hit facing away from byram but regardless his elbow caught him flush in the face 

1 minute ago, wai_lai416 said:

Well the ref missed the clear elbow right in the face and it was pure accidental as horvat was leaning backward bracing for a hit facing away from byram but regardless his elbow caught him flush in the face 

too many warning signs for me, if we're really going to move Miller we need less risk 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

1 hour ago, EddieVedder said:

Dude, were not getting byram for miller.  Hes a 20 yr old kid with norris potential.

Good.  Don't want Byram.  This article was less than 2 months ago... he has a LONG way to go before becoming a Norris caliber defenceman lmao

"I can't play and feel like this" 

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/report-avalanches-byram-told-father-cant-play-feel-like/

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, stawns said:

You're not getting a Byram for scraps, concussions or not.  You're talking about a potential franchise dman

Let's wait and see if he even plays again before we talk about franchise defenceman hahahah

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • Vintage 2

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

He's a 20 year old kid who is one bad sneeze away from wearing a helmet the rest of his life and drinking his soup through a straw

Many many players come back from serious concussions with no adverse affects, let's not automatically write someone's career off

31 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Let's wait and see if he even plays again before we talk about franchise defenceman hahahah

Still a worthwhile gamble, imo, if another good piece and a pick come with him.  That's how good Byram is

Just now, stawns said:

Still a worthwhile gamble, imo, if another good piece and a pick come with him.  That's how good Byram is

Like I said, I don't think he's worthless, but he cannot be the centrepiece of a package deal.  The other piece needs to be the main piece, and Byram as a secondary piece.

People touting Miller for Byram, "some middling NHLer", and a late 1st is a terrible deal for the Canucks.

• Cheers 1

Just now, HKSR said:

Like I said, I don't think he's worthless, but he cannot be the centrepiece of a package deal.  The other piece needs to be the main piece, and Byram as a secondary piece.

People touting Miller for Byram, "some middling NHLer", and a late 1st is a terrible deal for the Canucks.

agreed

• Cheers 2

35 minutes ago, stawns said:

Many many players come back from serious concussions with no adverse affects, let's not automatically write someone's career off

Many many player don't come back from serious concussions.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, HKSR said:

I mean, he did say potential franchise. But the laugh at the end seems a little rude. This is a 20 year old kids future we're talking about (and a fellow BC boy at that). I feel like that warrants a little compassion for the situation. But that's just me.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1