The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] J.T. Miller Trade/Contract Talks

Podzilla

14 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I'm not particularly interested in Zacha either tbh. I'm a little confused as to why Bahl is so high on everyone's NJD wishlist though. Why do we need another lefty?

Huge, local kid who is strong defensively and has a mean streak.  Perfect fit for the bottom pairing who can free OEL up to play a more offensive role.

3 minutes ago, aGENT said:

1 - Talk of OEL moving right (if we can't find suitable RD via trade).

2- -Personally, I don't like the fit of Rathbone as 3LD long term (especially if the above doesn't happen). Just not going to get the offensive usage behind Hughes and OEL in that scenario, to be successful.

3 - We could use some beef, defensive play, PK ability etc back there. I'd prefer Hague but Bahl's a solid option as well.

And he's not really "high"" on my list. Holtz, 2ndOA, Sharangovich are all way higher. Bahl's just good sweetener.

I don't really like the idea of using OEL on his off side tbh. If he's more comfortable on the left side, there's probably a reason why.

Rathbone may not be a long term solution on the 3rd pairing, but we have him locked up for two years and a perfect partner to ease him into the league and get his value up in Schenn, so I dont really see a reason to make a move their quite yet. Not to mention we have Dermott as well.

Just seems redundant to me.

1 minute ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I don't really like the idea of using OEL on his off side tbh. If he's more comfortable on the left side, there's probably a reason why.

Rathbone may not be a long term solution on the 3rd pairing, but we have him locked up for two years and a perfect partner to ease him into the league and get his value up in Schenn, so I dont really see a reason to make a move their quite yet. Not to mention we have Dermott as well.

Hughes is apparently comfortable on his off side.  That's probably the better option instead of repeating what we tried with Edler.

Edited by King Heffy

9 minutes ago, Shayster007 said:

Zacha seems to be insanely over rated around here

I have no idea why. The guy is Jason Dickinson with a different name. An overpaid bottom 6 Center that can’t win enough facoffs to even stay at Center. I’ll pass on the overpriced bottom 6 wingers.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Hughes is apparently comfortable on his off side.  That's probably the better option instead of repeating what we tried with Edler.

Still don't like the idea tbh. He'll be fighting to hold the puck in the zone playing on his off side. He might get a better angle on shots, but Hughes has a bit of a Muffin anyways.

1 hour ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Realistically speaking, if NJ is hot and heavy on Miller, could the deal involve a pick swap? Miller alone isn't worth the 2nd overall, but he's worth more than the difference between 2nd overall and 15th overall. 

Not saying I want this to happen, but is something like this possibly in the cards?

To the Devils

JT Miller

15th overall

To the Canucks

Pavel Zacha

2nd overall

To me this is about a perfect a fit for both teams as it gets.  They turn up the heat next year in their competition and still get a good prospect out of it.  We get that versatile C who can play W along with a potential star who could break into the league as early as this year but likely next.  

5 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Still don't like the idea tbh. He'll be fighting to hold the puck in the zone playing on his off side. He might get a better angle on shots, but Hughes has a bit of a Muffin anyways.

I'd prefer not to, but given a choice I'd move the younger guy who says he's comfortable instead of a veteran who isn't.

Was listening to Dan and Sat with Serevalli and they kept talking about the NJD’s and JT Miller. Also brought up Jesper Bratt and for a team with as much money as the Devils and why as an RFA he wasn’t signed yet. They thought maybe he’s their main piece in a proposed deal they have on the table for JT Miller. Haven’t really seem much of anybody dropping his name in any proposals so thought I’d mention it. They’ve also been linked to Garland I believe and wonder how much it’s worth to have a guy locked in on a good contract and if not JT Miller could they be crazy enough to go Garland for Bratt?

13 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

I have no idea why. The guy is Jason Dickinson with a different name. An overpaid bottom 6 Center that can’t win enough facoffs to even stay at Center. I’ll pass on the overpriced bottom 6 wingers.

Cause he put up decent points. He stat line isn't terrible, and if you look at his highlights he has flashes of brilliance. But if you listen to people who watch him regularly, media or fans, it tells a very different story.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

Surprised nobodies mentioning Holtz in a deal with New Jersey.

That guys gonna be a stud and could be ready as soon as next season. He also represents more of the same on the Devils.

A Pettersson-Holtz duo could be electric.

I've been tooting the holtz horn hard for a couple months now, just in a deal involving Hughes, not miller

22 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I don't like Huggy changing sides. It might open him up to too many hits. I don't want him to get punchy like Tanev.

Who took way to many hits. 

• Like 2
  • Huggy Bear 1

21 minutes ago, billabong said:

To van: Bratt, zacha, 2nd overall 

to njd: Miller, garland, 15 overall 

It’s hypothetical but, Ya we win this trade but not acquiring a dman for Miller would leave our D in shambles for another year 

If I’m giving up Garland to no way in hell I’m giving up 15th

To Njd: Miller Garland 2023 2nd Dermott 

To Van: Bratt Bahl 2nd overall 

2nd overall=Slafkovsky
15th Overall=Mintyukov

• Upvote 2

44 minutes ago, Shayster007 said:

Cause he put up decent points. He stat line isn't terrible, and if you look at his highlights he has flashes of brilliance. But if you listen to people who watch him regularly, media or fans, it tells a very different story.

The thing is most of the people I also see talking bad about him are NJD fans. They talk about him a lot in the ways we talk about Dickinson. I’m just not wanting another bottom 6 winger that’s looking to make 3.5 million. They say he’s big but plays soft and can’t win faceoffs so while listed as a Center plays the wing. We can’t waste cap space by spending so much on meh bottom 6 pieces.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I'd say Rathbone is the more redundant one...

(And no, that doesn't mean I don't like him, before everyone jumps down my throat).

Edited by aGENT