The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] J.T. Miller Trade/Contract Talks

Podzilla

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Oh boy!  What new shiny baubles will we get?  

Kakko?  Schneider?  Kravtsov? 

as long as its not for a puck sucker scrub busteroo back. 

The Cap's trade possibilities don't thrill me, but the reality is there may only be 1 or 2 teams willing to pay a lot for him, and re-sign him to a large extension. 

7 hours ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Bahl is a better fit for sure, but Rathbone is already here. Trading for Bahl means we're forced into moving Rathbone, who has a one way contract, and if the rest of the league has done their homework, they'll know this. Not to mention Rathbone's value is likely only going to raise over the next year or two as he acclimates to the league. We'd be selling low on him.

I don't know how much his value is going to raise, playing behind Hughes and OEL... Kind of my point. 

10 minutes ago, JM_ said:

as long as its not for a puck sucker scrub busteroo back. 

The Cap's trade possibilities don't thrill me, but the reality is there may only be 1 or 2 teams willing to pay a lot for him, and re-sign him to a large extension. 

Alf's been rubbing off on you. :P

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1

29 minutes ago, Alflives said:

650 playing a Friedman quote about it’s the Caps and Rags most in on Miller. 

21 minutes ago, mll said:

and yesterday it was NJD per Seravalli.

Rags or Jersey would be preferable 

They have more interesting assets

7 hours ago, King Heffy said:

That's fair; I'd also want to make a move to shore up the right side, preferably someone like Marino:

OEL-Marino

Hughes-Schenn

Bahl-Myers

Dermott

That's a group I can live with.

Perfect. Myers on the third pair where his size and lower minutes become a plus instead of a liability.

1 minute ago, bishopshodan said:

Yes. I'm in the load up now camp. Go all in.

Be a contender in 2 -3 years.

Keeping JT  is the best way to achieve that imo. 

I also don't see signs of him slowing down. I think he will be a great durable player going to his mid 30's

I think there is a huge chance he stays. 

I haven't seen that. At all. The respect he gets for leading this squad through thick and thin, he earned. 

In fact earlier this season some of the great hockey minds on this site were claiming he is not a leader at all...' you don't win with a guy like that,he slams his stick and yells, he's probably a problem in the room' 

I listen to guys like BB a bit more than some of our CDC fam. 

https://canucksarmy.com/2022/03/12/boudreau-jt-miller-vancouver-spark-canucks-comeback-washington-capitals/

I don't believe Rutherford would waste anyones time with a bad offer. Based on what we've seen of this mgmt group so far, I would expect it to be fair, not top top the market money but fair. 

So I do agree there is a decent chance he's back. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, bishopshodan said:

Yes. I'm in the load up now camp. Go all in.

Be a contender in 2 -3 years.

Keeping JT  is the best way to achieve that imo. 

I also don't see signs of him slowing down. I think he will be a great durable player going to his mid 30's

I think there is a huge chance he stays. 

I haven't seen that. At all. The respect he gets for leading this squad through thick and thin, he earned. 

In fact earlier this season some of the great hockey minds on this site were claiming he is not a leader at all...' you don't win with a guy like that,he slams his stick and yells, he's probably a problem in the room' 

I listen to guys like BB a bit more than some of our CDC fam. 

https://canucksarmy.com/2022/03/12/boudreau-jt-miller-vancouver-spark-canucks-comeback-washington-capitals/

Respect that borders on fanaticism for some. 

Some of them still believe that, and some folks here have a very specific kind of leader in mind when it comes to what they want and anything else is subpar. We saw that a few months back when folks were beginning to turn on Horvat. I still see it when folks dump on Bo as a leader.

• Like 1

so Friedman said they are looking for a JT miller lite type player. He didn't say that it would be as part of the JT miller type deal.

He also said it is a move no one would expect....

Ana is shopping Maxim Comtois who is very miller like..... maybe Comtois for Hoglander?  don't think anyone would see that coming. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, aGENT said:

I don't know how much his value is going to raise, playing behind Hughes and OEL... Kind of my point. 

He can at least prove that he can be an NHL player, even if he's not getting prime minutes. 

That said, I'd happily move him for  D that better fits our lineup, a 3C, or package him with q bad contract or two.

Edited by 48MPHSlapShot

2 minutes ago, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

so Friedman said they are looking for a JT miller lite type player. He didn't say that it would be as part of the JT miller type deal.

Ana is shopping Maxim Comtois who is very miller like..... maybe Comtois for Hoglander?  don't think anyone would see that coming. 

what was the context there? like a big move or? 

1 minute ago, Coconuts said:

Respect that borders on fanaticism for some. 

Some of them still believe that, and some folks here have a very specific kind of leader in mind when it comes to what they want and anything else is subpar. We saw that a few months back when folks were beginning to turn on Horvat. I still see it when folks dump on Bo as a leader.

Bo is a great leader. Solid AF. 

Miller is just different. 

In fact, I see great leadership in all 3 of our centres in different way. I think EP has a real strong personality and deep down grit.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

or maybe someone like Pearson to bring in some veteran presence to surround/mentor their youth as they rebuild.  They moved 3 key vets in Rakell, Manson and Lindholm + Getzlaf retired.  

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

15 million for OEL and Hughes is set for five more years.

The rest of our D costs will be fluid.

How much should we allocate to D?  25-30 million?

So that’s 10-15 million for the other 5 guys.

Myers at 6 mil has to go, and the sooner the better.

We trade for Marino + 

Then we’ve committed 20 million to three D.

We need a younger D man, who is on a second contract earning less than four mil, who can play top four.  I think that’s why JR wants Schneider so much.  

30mil is too much for the D tbh. That’s 36% of the cap between 6 players while the rest of the team forwards depth defenseman goalies etc avg out to less than 3.6% of the cap each while the defense is making 6% of the cap each. If ur defense is making so much of the cap.. they better damn well be one of the best all round defense in the league that can generate a lot of offence to make up for the lack of money spent on the forwards. I’m going to go out and a limb and say we are prolly bottom 5 in the league in offence from defenseman.. just a quick peek we have only like 15-20 more points from our defense than Arizona and Detroit and that’s with Quinn Hughes.. our defense ain’t great offensively and they ain’t great defensively ideally you’ll have ur 2 big ticket guy.. followed by a mid 4-5mil guy and then hopefully a guy either on elc or a bridge.. there’s no reason to have 4 guys eating up almost 25 mil of the cap.. 

2 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Bo is a great leader. Solid AF. 

Miller is just different. 

In fact, I see great leadership in all 3 of our centres in different way. I think EP has a real strong personality and deep down grit.

teams can have multiple leaders of different styles, which imo would be preferable. It means more than one guy can step up on any given night. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1