The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] J.T. Miller Trade/Contract Talks

Podzilla

3 hours ago, stawns said:

from the Av's, I think even a deal without a high pick would still be good of it were Newhook and Barron.  That would cover both needs for the Canucks........it'd be nice to get a pick as well, but those are two players who probably step right into significant roles with cost controlled contracts.  If they want a 1st as well, they could retain salary on Miller and add Boeser as a pure rental for the Avs

If the Avs are in on Miller, they will need to send us a player with some cap to make it work. JT Compher might be a good option, solid middle-six player and 3 days younger than Bo so could work with the developing core. Compher could be a good Tanner Pearson replacement making him expendable as well. 

Would you do:

To Colorado 

JT Miller

To Vancouver

Newhook

Barron

Compher

Then a separate trade of Pearson for a 2nd or 3rd round pick this year.

Edited by Diamonds

39 minutes ago, Diamonds said:

If the Avs are in on Miller, they will need to send us a player with some cap to make it work. JT Compher might be a good option, solid middle-six player and 3 days younger than Bo so could work with the developing core. Compher could be a good Tanner Pearson replacement making him expendable as well. 

Would you do:

To Colorado 

JT Miller

To Vancouver

Newhook

Barron

Compher

I like JTC, but that might have to have a sweetener, though the AVs are a team who would pay for the Canucks to retain salary I think.

I know we all want another first in a JT deal, but I think that might be a deal breaker for a lot of teams unless that's the main piece

• Cheers 1

49 minutes ago, Diamonds said:

Would you do:

To Colorado 

JT Miller

To Vancouver

Newhook

Barron

Compher

Also, I would definitely not be on the trade pearson train, especially if Miller goes.

• Cheers 4

2 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

I am assuming someone wearing a Toronto sweater wrote this?

Miller is outscoring every one of their forwards and he is doing it at half the cap hit of their “stars”.  He isn’t getting traded for a middle six forward and some middling prospects.

We are also almost certainly going to ask for a defenceman in return and other potential partners have those.

4 hours ago, Frozen Water Walker said:

My buddy came in the store (he's in the news media) he says the offer on Miller is NYR  Lafreniere &1st this year and 2nd next year.

Rumor mill says it's Lafreniere for Bo https://www.nhltraderumor.com/are-the-vancouver-canucks-interested-in-a-alexis-lafreniere-trade/

GCG

Schneider has to be in the deal or no deal. 

Laff, Schneider and a 1st for Miller and Schenn

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, grandmaster said:

Really so a 26th OA pick (Rangers are 6th place right now), an underachieving rookie and a 2nd that probably near 60th overall the following year? Also, Rangers get way better and probably end up much higher in the standings so your picks are garbage.

Miller is our top scorer, the MVP of our team, playing solid on the PP and PK, a good hitter, leader on AND off the ice, low cap hit and locked up for another year, etc, etc…

Miller gets traded and we miss the playoffs next couple years. AGAIN. 

We lose that trade. 

No thanks.

The trade suggests Bo.

9 hours ago, Frozen Water Walker said:

My buddy came in the store (he's in the news media) he says the offer on Miller is NYR  Lafreniere &1st this year and 2nd next year.

Rumor mill says it's Lafreniere for Bo https://www.nhltraderumor.com/are-the-vancouver-canucks-interested-in-a-alexis-lafreniere-trade/

GCG

What about Lafrieniere and Kakko. Or is that asking for too much…

• Cheers 1

On 1/29/2022 at 6:59 PM, rekker said:

Is Miller worth more than that? I'd say yes. Perhaps the best center at trade deadline in recent years. I fear it's more a market thing. Like having the nicest car at an auction, but the wallets in the audience are only so full. Could always just keep Miller I suppose. One thing for sure, I believe in JR to milk what he can out of a deal.

Maybe but great thing is we can afford to retain, making Miller even more enticing to big clubs...

JR will definitely milk the situation. Miller is the crown jewel at this trade dead line, and exactly because they don't need to let him go, they can milk the situation...

If there is a person, I would expect to know, how to do deals, it would be JR... 

• Cheers 2

22 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Lysell's got 32 points in 25 games with the Giants. He was ranked Top 10 in many draft lists, but went later (probably because of his size). He's still a kid, though, and could develop into a Top 6 player, once he fills out. 

Carlo is a 6'6" 217 R-shot Dman and he's only 25.  

With this trade the Canucks would get younger and faster, something JR has said they want to do. I guess BOS could add a 2nd? (which the Canucks don't have this year)

And bigger I believe they said?

Thinking, maybe the Rangers don't want to trade Lafreniere or Kakko, because they're both super high draft picked prospects, but they offer this package instead for JT Miller.

RW - Vitali Kravtsov

RD - Braden Schneider

1st (2022)

Does VAN take it?  

Edited by NUCKER67
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Thinking, maybe the Rangers don't want to trade Lafreniere or Kakko, because they're both super high draft picked prospects, but they offer this package instead for JT Miller.

RW - Vitali Kravtsov

RD - Braden Schneider

1st (2022)

Does VAN take it?  

Very interesting thought.

Depends a bit on what other offers will be available of course, but my initial thought would be no, we'd need a better piece than Kravtsov (although I haven't watched him enough to have a fully educated view on him), otherwise keeping JT makes more sense.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

RW - Vitali Kravtsov

RD - Braden Schneider

1st (2022)

Does VAN take it?  

That’s a pretty big gamble.

4 minutes ago, J-P said:

Very interesting thought.

Depends a bit on what other offers will be available of course, but my initial thought would be no, we'd need a better piece than Kravtsov (although I haven't watched him enough to have a fully educated view on him), otherwise keeping JT makes more sense.

He's a big boy at 6'3" -200ish, currently playing in the KHL. Picked 9th overall in 2018.  This could be an interesting line one day:

Podkolzin - Horvat - Kravtsov

It sounds like they'd be exhausting to play against ::D

13 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

RW - Vitali Kravtsov

RD - Braden Schneider

1st (2022)

Does VAN take it?  

Chytil, Schneider, one of Othman/Barron and a first.

On 1/29/2022 at 1:23 PM, Frozen Water Walker said:

GCG

NYR adds another blue chip prospect then they they are close.

1 hour ago, NUCKER67 said:

RW - Vitali Kravtsov

RD - Braden Schneider

1st (2022)

Does VAN take it?  

No to Vitali. Replace someone else, and there might be a chance. Also add in a second, or another prospect. 

28 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

No to Vitali. Replace someone else, and there might be a chance. Also add in a second, or another prospect. 

Not that long ago Kravstov was considered one of the best players not in the NHL.

Still has a ton of upside IMO.

• Like 1