The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] J.T. Miller Trade/Contract Talks

Podzilla

3 hours ago, Alflives said:

Maybe keeping Miller and running: Petey, Miller, Bo as our top three centres for the Demko/Hughes contracts is our best move? 

After your numerous trade suggestions and “get’r done JR” you want to now keep Miller? Alflives, you’re going bipolar on us :) 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, steviewonder20 said:

After your numerous trade suggestions and “get’r done JR” you want to now keep Miller? Alflives, you’re going bipolar on us :) 

It is an either/or situation:

If kept, $xY.

If traded, possible returns.

Alf is at a minimum bipolar...give the alien his due.

1 hour ago, Goal:thecup said:

I think JR has a total dollar amount he is willing to commit to Miller.

I think JT has a similar dollar amount.  (About $60 million, give or take 2 or 3 million.) 

On these they are not far apart; the difference is the term.

I don't know if JR put the 6 years thing out there or not.

But to get to Miller's ask, we will need at least the 7 year option or the AAV will be too high.

We are the only team able to offer the 8th year (at this point).

I could see 8 years at my $7.75.

I do not believe the last 3 years of JT's contract will be as damaging as some doomsayers here do.

As suggested by Jimmy M, we should be able to fine tune some protection for the team in the latter years (bonuses, reduced move clauses etc).

And the cap will have indubitably risen (quite a bit imo) after the first 2 or 3 years of the deal, and definitely in the last few years.

So JT will have received most of his money, his AAV will be higher than his actual cost, and we should have some flexibility as to trades etc.

I could go on, but bottom line is still, for me at least, 7 years at about $8.25, or 8 years at about 7.75 million dollars.

(For those worried about Bo, I think he too will get the 8 year deal but at about $7m AAV.)

Add another $5-10m to the overall number JT is likely looking for.

4 hours ago, Pears said:

This Josh Anderson?

47C29D16-BCA7-43BC-8F6C-FCF070EBAB09.png

Edit: He’s only crossed 20 goals once and hasn’t once come close to 35 lol what. 

On $&!# teams yes the year he had decent linemates he put up almost 30 goals. Anderson is built for playoffs. A line of Podz Horvat Anderson would be absolute handful and tough play against.

• Haha 1

Some days I’m feeling like if it has to be one or the other, we should keep Miller and trade Horvat. 
I could see Bo’s point production begin to fall in the next couple of seasons, leaving him about as productive as Dustin Brown. 
Miller uses his body more, shows more emotion, is more offensive, and is more exciting. Bo has been a minus player most of his career. 
Thoughts?

• Cheers 1

22 minutes ago, Slegr said:

Some days I’m feeling like if it has to be one or the other, we should keep Miller and trade Horvat. 
I could see Bo’s point production begin to fall in the next couple of seasons, leaving him about as productive as Dustin Brown. 
Miller uses his body more, shows more emotion, is more offensive, and is more exciting. Bo has been a minus player most of his career. 
Thoughts?

Im with ya 100%. Imho i see him burning out before miller

Edited by Rackdawg

1 hour ago, steviewonder20 said:

If you read the fine print, Alf is pretty consistent.

His real wish would be trade JT and others to have a proper rebuild. However, he knows AQ is an impatient owner so he suggests moves and/or contracts based on that..  

2 hours ago, Goal:thecup said:

I think JR has a total dollar amount he is willing to commit to Miller.

I think JT has a similar dollar amount.  (About $60 million, give or take 2 or 3 million.) 

On these they are not far apart; the difference is the term.

I don't know if JR put the 6 years thing out there or not.

But to get to Miller's ask, we will need at least the 7 year option or the AAV will be too high.

We are the only team able to offer the 8th year (at this point).

I could see 8 years at my $7.75.

I do not believe the last 3 years of JT's contract will be as damaging as some doomsayers here do.

As suggested by Jimmy M, we should be able to fine tune some protection for the team in the latter years (bonuses, reduced move clauses etc).

And the cap will have indubitably risen (quite a bit imo) after the first 2 or 3 years of the deal, and definitely in the last few years.

So JT will have received most of his money, his AAV will be higher than his actual cost, and we should have some flexibility as to trades etc.

I could go on, but bottom line is still, for me at least, 7 years at about $8.25, or 8 years at about 7.75 million dollars.

(For those worried about Bo, I think he too will get the 8 year deal but at about $7m AAV.)

I think you're incorrect. I think Miller's camp is asking in the $60m-$65m range and the Canucks are offering closer to $45m-$50m range (with 5-6 years of term at ~$8-something mil).

Ergo there's a +/- $15m spread between parties. That's in no way, shape or form, "close". There's simply no deal we should be offering, that I feel like JT is likely accept in anything resembling reality.

2 minutes ago, cripplereh said:

Like I have said and makes more sense to me would be both 6 years first 3 ntc but front loaded so the actual cap hit would be more around 6.2 to 6.5 and that gives us more room to make the team better.

6 years at $6.5m....

NOV19-Gervais-Laughing.gif

Just now, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

Imagine the insanity if we managed to move Miller for one of Dobson or Byram, and then we were able to clear just the right amount of cap to get Klingberg signed...

No Klingberg!

1 minute ago, aGENT said:

I think you're incorrect. I think Miller's camp is asking in the $60m-$65m range and the Canucks are offering closer to $45m-$50m range (with 5-6 years of term at ~$8-something mil).

Ergo there's a +/- $15m spread between parties. That's in no way, shape or form, "close". There's simply no deal we should be offering, that I feel like JT is likely accept in anything resembling reality.

Of that is the case you take what you can get and move on.That is way to much for us to pay.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

Imagine the insanity if we managed to move Miller for one of Dobson or Byram, and then we were able to clear just the right amount of cap to get Klingberg signed...

That would be dreamy. Even Klingberg & Fabbro would give the Canucks a solid right-side.