The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Boeser On Block

Podzilla

37 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

Can you take less than 7.5?

If so, canucks should offer 7m x 6 with performance bonuses that could take him up to 8.5m if he plays like some of us think he can (over pt / game and 40 goals) 

That would be fair to both sides. 

Yes a player can take less $$.

OJ took a $750k x 1yr deal when his QO was estimated to be $850k (or something like that).

QO is there to keep a players rights.  So there's opportunity to negotiate a long term or short term contract.  We had QOs for EP and QH as well.  But they didn't sign them cuz it would have been very low $$ compared to the deals they finally signed.

• Cheers 1

16 hours ago, R3aL said:

Young top 6 winger

has produced 

runner up calder

character kid 

only questions are his health and durability 

think there are probably quite a few GMs in the league who value boeser highly 

There's more questions about him than just his health and durability.

14 minutes ago, Drop Em said:

There's more questions about him than just his health and durability.

Well the injury st the start of the year is probably why he’s had a slow start. Hes said it himself hes feeling slow and is having trouble in his board battles.

what are the questions you have 

Did these kids all get Covid?

I would certainly entertain the idea that no one from the team’s Covid catastrophe is at play here.

All but three members of the team DIDN’T get Covid. Half the team was gone by end of summer. 

But how are our star players? Already on a good day, the game is asking 100% effort. Take a collective 5-10% lesser ability due to Covid, and here we are.

Long term effects may be at play here.

Edited by Me_
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, R3aL said:

Well the injury st the start of the year is probably why he’s had a slow start. Hes said it himself hes feeling slow and is having trouble in his board battles.

what are the questions you have 

I already mentioned in my original post what his issues are, with the main one being his poor skating. And that's not an injury thing (although that makes it even worse), that's just a Brock isn't a good skater thing.

11 minutes ago, Drop Em said:

I already mentioned in my original post what his issues are, with the main one being his poor skating. And that's not an injury thing (although that makes it even worse), that's just a Brock isn't a good skater thing.

His skating was fine rookie year and last year 

59 minutes ago, R3aL said:

I’m saying it’s not held him back from producing 

I admitted that Boeser is probably the Canucks most natural goal scorer, the problem is he can't create those goals on his own. He's basically a trigger man and needs guys to put him in position to score. How many goals has he scored off the rush or by driving to the net? I can't think of many, and a lot of that has to do with his lack of foot speed. The Canucks top 6 have at least half of the guys who aren't good skaters, and Boeser is the worst of them.

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Drop Em said:

I admitted that Boeser is probably the Canucks most natural goal scorer, the problem is he can't create those goals on his own. He's basically a trigger man and needs guys to put him in position to score. How many goals has he scored off the rush or by driving to the net? I can't think of many, and a lot of that has to do with his lack of foot speed. The Canucks top 6 have at least half of the guys who aren't good skaters, and Boeser is the worst of them.

So excellent trigger man, but maybe not as fleet footed as some other players. 

I think he’s a decent to pretty good player. He could get us a pretty good haul, if he were traded when his value is at his highest. 

That time is not now. Other GM’s would rip Benning apart if he were to swing a deal. He’s not in a position of strength to maximize the return. 

With that being said, I have zero confidence that Benning will do the right thing. He’s going to try to protect himself moving forward because his ass is on the line, as well as Green. 

The way that Green is also handling Pettersson, oh man, you have to think that eventually Petey’s going to be a disgruntled player. 

• Cheers 1

10 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

So excellent trigger man, but maybe not as fleet footed as some other players. 

I think he’s a decent to pretty good player. He could get us a pretty good haul, if he were traded when his value is at his highest. 

That time is not now. Other GM’s would rip Benning apart if he were to swing a deal. He’s not in a position of strength to maximize the return. 

With that being said, I have zero confidence that Benning will do the right thing. He’s going to try to protect himself moving forward because his ass is on the line, as well as Green. 

The way that Green is also handling Pettersson, oh man, you have to think that eventually Petey’s going to be a disgruntled player. 

I agree with you that he's a decent player and a pretty good goal scorer, and I said that. I also said that Benning should NOT be the one to trade him at all, which is why I said that Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dumb have to go first.

I'd rather see coaching and management change rather than roster turnover...we had/have some pieces of a good young core...have we really seen the best of them and what they are capable of? Likely not....would be nice to see what it would look like under a different coach and system. The blueline is the only part of the roster I'd like to see blown up frankly. It's a knee jerk reaction to be looking to blow this team up right now but it should start at the top...the roster is better than what level they are playing at right now.

Edited by CJ44

On 11/24/2021 at 2:03 PM, GB5 said:

I find it interesting that as young guys Boesser was an allstar, Horvat was an all star, Petey was an all star and won the Calder and now they are all struggling and can't seem to do anything right.

Did these guys all just suddenly become bad players in the course of a year or two? Unlikely!

It seems the common denomiator is that they have been held back from using their natural talents and insticts and greatly confused into having to play the way the current coaching staff wants them to. 

I wouldn't accept any trades right now.

i agree. Let an experienced coach, like Boudreau come in, evaluate the talent, and keep the guys he needs and turf the ones that he doesn't need. 

That process can take a while. In Cowgary, boring Sean Monahan has only two goals and seven assists. last night his TOi was something like 12 minutes. Previous coaches thought he was foundational, Dutter,  not so much.

Have to wonder what's going on with boring Sean.

The team seems to be doing fine with him in a reduced role. 

• Vintage 1

3 hours ago, Drop Em said:

I agree with you that he's a decent player and a pretty good goal scorer, and I said that. I also said that Benning should NOT be the one to trade him at all, which is why I said that Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dumb have to go first.

Jimbo likely has a no trade clause atm.

i would be astonished if he was permitted to pull tbe trigger on anything other than the toilet.

Surely Aqua is too astute to let JB pull a Chiarelli.

Edited by PistolPete13
  • Cheers 1

5 hours ago, PistolPete13 said:

i agree. Let an experienced coach, like Boudreau come in, evaluate the talent, and keep the guys he needs and turf the ones that he doesn't need. 

That process can take a while. In Cowgary, boring Sean Monahan has only two goals and seven assists. last night his TOi was something like 12 minutes. Previous coaches thought he was foundational, Dutter,  not so much.

Have to wonder what's going on with boring Sean.

The team seems to be doing fine with him in a reduced role. 

I'm going to speculate that his past injury history is what is going on.

regards,  G.

• Thanks 1

Whatever rift is in the dressing room that's a problem. 

On 11/23/2021 at 12:01 AM, CanucksJay said:

If we trade Miller or Boeser while keeping Green, I'm going to join the fire Benning crowd. It's been polarizing here for sure but I always had JB’s back. 

Green got his upgrades when we got OEL and Garland. He got his way when we took Chiasson Lammikko Dowling DeGiuseppi Highmore Rathbone Schenn over Juolevi, Gadj and McEwan. 

JB in my opinion has built a solid team that lacks coaching. What's the point of blowing it up and restarting when we don't fix the biggest issue which is coaching? That to me is incompetency on JB’s part of he goes down this route and I'll join the crowd. 

JB isn't free and clear either.   And of the two - i'd wager Travis Green gets a shot before JB does if they both get fired.   Know a large portion of the CDC thinks they could do a better job then Green, who's been an assistant coach/gm since 2008...they are likely wrong.   It's for sure a personnel problem.   Expecting a coach to continually deal with half a new roster, year in year out without some hiccups is ludicrous.   Know this isn't popular and i don't care, and it's not about being right, this team is flawed.   How can a coach take a bottom six of AHLers, two "regulars" in QHs and Myers (both who's faults have been covered over and over again on this site) and a bunch of AHLers again who can't kill penalties and expect him to make us into a good playoff or regular season team?   When your best young stars aren't performing too.  A mess.   Like Mess-ier level Mess.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1