The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Boeser On Block

Podzilla

2 minutes ago, bad alice french said:

Brock is going to prove every single one of you wrong. He has not reached the ceiling yet. All-Star MVP. Young sniper. Wake the hell up.

I hope he does. Even if he scores 40 he'll ghost in the playoffs because he's too easy to defend. No killer instinct. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, hammertime said:

I hope he does. Even if he scores 40 he'll ghost in the playoffs because he's too easy to defend. No killer instinct. 

He’s young. He has swagger that will only improve over the next 2 to 5 years and by that time he’ll be peaking.  He has a talent for scoring goals. Plain and simple that is the most highly sought after trait in hockey. He was great against St. Louis and Minnesota in the bubble. People are only tentative on his future because of the qualifying offer. I see Brock signing 4 years at 6.5 which would be great value especially for a core young member like he is. If you trade Brock we will lose that trade hands-down all day long. The only thing we gain is some cap relief. Let’s stop signing useless tweeners and focus our money on the good talent that we have. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The hockey writers think we should ship Boeser to the Pens…

For Kapanen and B prospect Samuel Poulin. Apparently their first round pick would be too much. :picard:

Amazing how all these eastern writers are clamouring for our players and proposing just the most ridiculous returns.

The sense seems to be that the Canucks are in firesale mode and will just give everyone away for free because we had a down season.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

Just now, DeNiro said:

For Kapanen and B prospect Samuel Poulin. Apparently their first round pick would be too much. :picard:

Amazing how all these eastern writers are clamouring for our players and proposing just the most ridiculous returns.

The sense seems to be that the Canucks are in firesale mode and will just give everyone away for free because we had a down season.

If we look at our wins Demko plays evens or better than his opposite.  In our losses he is terrible and loses the goalie battle.

We have a good club.  Maybe it’s best to keep our top players and retool the edges as needed?  

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

I thought it was Kapanen, Poulin and Puustinen. I'd think on that personally.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, aGENT said:

I didn’t include Puustinen because he’s not worth mentioning.

Small C level prospect that doesn’t even put up big numbers to counter his small size.

No way we can have Garland, Hoglander, and Puustinen on the same roster.

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I didn’t include Puustinen because he’s not worth mentioning.

Small C level prospect that doesn’t even put up big numbers to counter his small size.

No way we can have Garland, Hoglander, and Puustinen on the same roster.

Nobody says you have to keep all the pieces.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

3 hours ago, bad alice french said:

Brock is going to prove every single one of you wrong. He has not reached the ceiling yet. All-Star MVP. Young sniper. Wake the hell up.

Brock needs to have 2 line mates that add up to the sum of 14-16m before he gets past 30 goals..   There are better options.

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

I would trade for Kapanen because I like his speed but no way is Boeser involved.

Guaranteed we could get more from another team including a 1st round pick.

A deal for Kapanen shouldn't involve anyone higher on the depth chart than Pearson and a 3rd round pick.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

I saw the media proposed packages from NYR, Boston, and Pittsburgh.  Not only would I hang up the phone, I'd consider mailing the pieces of the remains of it to those clubs.  And if our team takes any of those 3 proposed packages, I'm thinking I'm going to have to seriously rethink my opinions on front office.  

Boeser to the Pens actually makes a lot of sense short term, and maybe short term is where their prio lies. Not sure what the fit from our side would be but Kapanen could be one piece.

Edited by J-P

7 hours ago, aGENT said:

7 hours ago, RWJC said:

A deal for Kapanen shouldn't involve anyone higher on the depth chart than Pearson and a 3rd round pick.

Kapanen is actually a pretty good player, tons of speed which we need, only about a 40 point player right now but has shown he can score 20 goal and I could see him hitting around 55-60 points some day.  Definitely more a lot more than Pearson and a 3rd

Poulin brings some size, versatility and scoring potential.  

Wilkes-Barre is a very young team being led by their youngsters.  They actually only have 3 players over 26 on their roster...kind of crazy

Edited by Kovalchuk
  • Cheers 1

30 minutes ago, Kovalchuk said:

Wilkes-Barre is a very young team being led by their youngsters.  They actually only have 3 players over 26 on their roster...kind of crazy

No wonder they are one of the worst teams in the AHL.

Boeser, Dickinson and a 2nd for Fiala

Boeser for Fiala straight up is not equal. Fiala > Boeser imho.
Boeser + 2nd for Fiala is a bit too much. 
so Boeser + Dickinson as a dump and 2nd as a sweetener for Fiala could work ? 

Boeser could play in front of his familiy and friends.

Edited by deus.ex.makina