The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Edit)(Disscussion) Evander Kane UFA / Contract Termination Investigated

SilentSam

7 minutes ago, gurn said:

This is post of jerks showing off their money.

As to  McTavish, Heatley  and .....  , what do they have to do with this picture?

Nothing to do with the picture.

But you come across as every other poster on here wanting to condemn Kane for breaking laws and wishing to see his career in hockey.

I added those names as other hockey players who were convicted as criminals in a court of law and continued playing in the NHL.

Kane has been convicted of nothing in a court.

my apologies if that confused or offended you.

Ok so the Canucks have scored 5 goals and allowed 13 in the last three games.

The defense definitely needs help, but scoring is also infectious and so is toughness.

Should the Canucks sign Kane to get some toughness and scoring in the lineup?

8 minutes ago, Me_ said:

The defense definitely needs help, but scoring is also infectious and so is toughness.

So I was 100% against it before.. but IF SJ successfully invalidates his contract, and he'll sign for league minimum for 1 year, I'd say sure. If he has the slightest attitude problem, bury him in the minors and refuse to speak his name ever again. If he keeps a good attitude, maybe hes our Tony DeAngelo. 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

11 minutes ago, eeeeergh said:

So I was 100% against it before.. but IF SJ successfully invalidates his contract, and he'll sign for league minimum for 1 year, I'd say sure. If he has the slightest attitude problem, bury him in the minors and refuse to speak his name ever again. If he keeps a good attitude, maybe hes our Tony DeAngelo. 

Even at 2.000MIL for the rest of the year it may be worth it. 

The dude’s a force. Sh!tty attitude… but a force.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Me_ said:

He really is. Thing is I also kinda think Boudreau just needs a bit more time with this Roster. He does actually have some great pieces that haven't been activated yet. OEL has the offensive skill to carry a shift, but seems to be being deployed in a more defensive role at the moment. 

The Canucks have dramatically improved their zone entries, and % of quality scoring chances, and I'm sure BB is working with them on how to handle more tight-checking teams like Carolina. Canucks have had years of horrendous coaching from Green, its going to take some time for the winning strategies to be taught and learned.

Overall I'm actually really happy with where this team is at, compared to earlier in the year

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, eeeeergh said:

He really is. Thing is I also kinda think Boudreau just needs a bit more time with this Roster. He does actually have some great pieces that haven't been activated yet. OEL has the offensive skill to carry a shift, but seems to be being deployed in a more defensive role at the moment. 

The Canucks have dramatically improved their zone entries, and % of quality scoring chances, and I'm sure BB is working with them on how to handle more tight-checking teams like Carolina. Canucks have had years of horrendous coaching from Green, its going to take some time for the winning strategies to be taught and learned.

Overall I'm actually really happy with where this team is at, compared to earlier in the year

8-3-1

Cant complain…

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Me_ said:

With the league investigating Kane themselves there's a good chance he might not play at all this season tbh 

Certainly not any time soon 

• Vintage 1

2 hours ago, Me_ said:

If he's allowed to play this season after league investigation is finished,  apparently oilers have a deal in place with Kane @ 1.5 mill per season, prorated for remainder of this season. 

• Vintage 2

3 hours ago, eeeeergh said:

3 hours ago, Me_ said:

Star Wars Revenge Of The Fifth GIF

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Me_ said:

In addition to my previous post...

IF he's cleared by the league to play this season it doesn't make any sense at all for Kane to sign with Canucks ..

Our season is over. With the Oilers he'll play with McDavid and/or Draisitl and rack up points setting himself up for a good contract next season. Plus a decent chance to make the playoffs. 

Edited by WHL rocks
  • Vintage 2

3 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

In addition to my previous post...

IF he's cleared by the league to play this season it doesn't make any sense at all for Kane to sign with Canucks ..

Our season is over. With the Oilers he'll play with McDavid and/or Draisitl and rack up points setting himself up for a good contract next season. Plus a decent chance to make the playoffs. 

Wasn't it reported that his agent reached out to Van? 

It would probably be good for his Daughter. Extra help goes a long way

• Like 2

• SilentSam changed the title to (Edit)(Disscussion) Evander Kane UFA / Contract Termination Investigated