The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Edit)(Disscussion) Evander Kane UFA / Contract Termination Investigated

SilentSam

28 minutes ago, Sean Monahan said:

This is what I’ll be curious to see. Somebody will offer him multiple years in order to make their offer stand out, but who’s it gonna be? Even if we’re hearing there’s been numerous teams interested in his services, I can’t imagine many GM’s will be happy to give him term. I think we’ve seen enough from him by now to know that he can help you win some hockey games, but wearing out his welcome in your locker room is an inevitability. 

I agree. No GM is giving him term. I think he'll be on 1 year contracts from now on. But certain teams will give him 2 or 3 mill next season instead of 1.5 if he does well for remainder of this season.. 

Honestly I have a feeling he might have used fraudulent negative covid test papers to get across the border to Canada. 

In order to come back into Canada everyone needs proof of negative covid test within past 24 hours of crossing border. 

He was covid positive 5 days prior. 

• Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

I agree. No GM is giving him term. I think he'll be on 1 year contracts from now on. But certain teams will give him 2 or 3 mill next season instead of 1.5 if he does well for remainder of this season.. 

Honestly I have a feeling he might have used fraudulent negative covid test papers to get across the border to Canada. 

In order to come back into Canada everyone needs proof of negative covid test within past 24 hours of crossing border. 

Wasn’t it confirmed that he did? I know it was alleged. 

7 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Kane is an idiot, who (from his behaviour) clearly believes it's everyone else that has a problem, and it's not him.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Sean Monahan said:

Wasn’t it confirmed that he did? I know it was alleged. 

That was proof of Vax to SJS.

He faked that and got 21 game suspension.

I'm thinking he also might have faked it at Xmas to come to Canada. 

That's what the current investigation is about. Him coming to Canada for Xmas 5 days after testing covid positive. 

8 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

That was proof of Vax to SJS.

He faked that and got 21 game suspension.

I'm thinking he also might have faked it at Xmas to come to Canada. 

That's what the current investigation is about. Him coming to Canada for Xmas 5 days after testing covid positive. 

I wonder whats taking so long? how much documentation could there be? 

3 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

But Kane is a little different though right? You’re assuming he can get his act together. If he doesn’t, how does that affect the locker room in Edmonton? they’re already in a tailspin as we speak, if Kane can’t get his $&!# together, that’s just going to add fuel to the fire isn’t it? 

Kane has already been playing in the AHL until Christmas,  in 5 games contributed 8 points.  By all accounts, teamates there loved him, and appreciated his help with a turn around while he was there.

that is the only template you can go off.

Sometime a new player shows up with let’s giver $&!# attitude to HELP a team see the light at the end of the tunnel,.  And in the process create a unique bond with a player to HELP him to see his light.

I think Kassian is an example of that,.  Although his were drug / substances issues,. Whereas Kanes are perhaps based on selfishness.  
Kane has committed no crimes that have had him convicted, they are simply personal or team protocol issues blown out of proportion.

Kane will help Edmonton,.   But goaltending is a major issue,.  Kane at a pro-rated 2m (rumoured) for 1 year (aprx 700k) still leaves room for a goalie if someone is traded .

I think Holland will still move someone to get a goalie,  who is to say that it’s not Kane himself?

1 hour ago, KirkSave said:

Kane to the Oilers will not solve their problems. He can't stop pucks. Last I checked, they need an NHL goalie not another "tough guy" that can score.

Gotta wonder if that’s why their stars are reaching a breaking point.

Their needs were so obvious and Holland is out targeting guys like Kane. Gotta be frustrating to watch as a player.

12 minutes ago, DeNiro said:
1 hour ago, KirkSave said:

Gotta wonder if that’s why their stars are reaching a breaking point.

Their needs were so obvious and Holland is out targeting guys like Kane. Gotta be frustrating to watch as a player

Totally. The past 3 seasons they have squandered oppportunities to improve their goaltending and McDavid's and Leon's amazing seasons have been  wasted. Who cares if you have the 2 most productive, dominant forwards in the game if you can't even make the playoffs.

They should be targeting Fleury if the Hawks are willing to give him up and Fleury is willing to go to EDM.

At any rate, they need to address this issue and find a long term solution in net if they want to go anywhere as a team. It starts with goaltending and I am grateful we have such a beast in Demko!!

Edited by KirkSave

52 minutes ago, KirkSave said:

Totally. The past 3 seasons they have squandered oppportunities to improve their goaltending and McDavid's and Leon's amazing seasons have been  wasted. Who cares if you have the 2 most productive, dominant forwards in the game if you can't even make the playoffs.

They should be targeting Fleury if the Hawks are willing to give him up and Fleury is willing to go to EDM.

At any rate, they need to address this issue and find a long term solution in net if they want to go anywhere as a team. It starts with goaltending and I am grateful we have such a beast in Demko!!

If you were a goalie ready to consider retiring, would you want to play behind the Edmonton defence in that hellhole of a city?

7 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

he was positive on the 21st.. and he crossed the border on the 29th.. more than enough time for him to produce a negative result considering most people can get out of isolation after 5 days now in the NHL 

22 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

he was positive on the 21st.. and he crossed the border on the 29th.. more than enough time for him to produce a negative result considering most people can get out of isolation after 5 days now in the NHL 

NHL policy was 10 days isolation. He broke that rule. 

Canada government policy is can't fly in if tested positive 15 days prior to entering Canada. 

He broke the 10 day isolation rule for sure. Not sure if allowed to drive into Canada within 15 days if testing positive. He definitely broke that rule too if he flew in. 

This guy is just stupid. Over and over amd over he does the stupidest things.. 

He's got am agent. Pays agent over 300k per year just for basic 5% of his salary. Why not call and ask agent or clarify. Especially after just finishing 21 game suspension for giving fake Vaccination paperwork to Sharks.. and getting kicked off the team by his team mates.. 

Stupid person  

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

14 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Canada government policy is can't fly in if tested positive 15 days prior to entering Canada. 

He broke the 10 day isolation rule for sure. Not sure if allowed to drive into Canada within 15 days if testing positive. He definitely broke that rule too if he flew in. 

He's got am agent. Pays agent over 300k per year just for basic 5% of his salary. Why not call and ask agent or clarify. Especially after just finishing 21 game suspension for giving fake Vaccination paperwork to Sharks.. and getting kicked off the team by his team mates.. 

Stupid person  

nhl policy changed to 5 days on the 29th so yes and no canada doesn't care if u were positive within 15 days. they wouldn't even know if u were positive if u had a negative result proof

12 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Stupid person  

The nhl policy changed to 5 days before he apparently travelled so he didn’t break that one.  The AHL policy hadn’t changed yet as I understand it.

No idea on the border thing until we get more info.  There are different rules if you are Canadian and if you fly vs. drive over.  If you fly commercial vs. Private, etc.

We had players return to Canada in fewer than 15 days after being put into Covid protocol so I am really not sure of all the exceptions to the rules any more.  It was only our Non-Canadian players who got stuck longer in the US.  The other ones were allowed in but required to isolate in Canada.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

nhl policy changed to 5 days on the 29th so yes and no canada doesn't care if u were positive within 15 days. they wouldn't even know if u were positive if u had a negative result proof

8 minutes ago, Provost said:

The nhl policy changed to 5 days before he apparently travelled so he didn’t break that one.  The AHL policy hadn’t changed yet as I understand it.

No idea on the border thing until we get more info.  There are different rules if you are Canadian and if you fly vs. drive over.  If you fly commercial vs. Private, etc.

We had players return to Canada in fewer than 15 days after being put into Covid protocol so I am really not sure of all the exceptions to the rules any more.  It was only our Non-Canadian players who got stuck longer in the US.  The other ones were allowed in but required to isolate in Canada.

Whatever the case. I'm no lawyer. The point I'm making is that this guy is an idiot..

He's currently kicked out of the NHL.. if was cut amd dry they would have announced their findings within a couple of days. 

After giving fraudulent documents as his vaccine proof how does he not know the Sharks are looking for an excuse to void his contract. $26 million freaking dollars..

Moron. 

4 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Whatever the case. I'm no lawyer. The point I'm making is that this guy is an idiot..

He's currently kicked out of the NHL.. if was cut amd dry they would have announced their findings within a couple of days. 

After giving fraudulent documents as his vaccine proof how does he not know the Sharks are looking for an excuse to void his contract. $26 million freaking dollars..

Moron. 

lol it doesn't matter.. this case will get settled before it gets to arbitration like the Mike Richard case where it ended up pretty much like a buy out spread over x amount of years.. the NHLPA nor the Sharks can afford to let this get to an arbitrator where they don't know which way it'll go. NHLPA wouldn't want to this to set a president for covid related contract termination and sharks would not risk losing the arbitration case and stuck with his contract for the remainder of the term. best case scenario would be they get to buy him out a la richard and the cap is spread over 15-20 years like richards.

23 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

lol it doesn't matter.. this case will get settled before it gets to arbitration like the Mike Richard case where it ended up pretty much like a buy out spread over x amount of years.. the NHLPA nor the Sharks can afford to let this get to an arbitrator where they don't know which way it'll go. NHLPA wouldn't want to this to set a president for covid related contract termination and sharks would not risk losing the arbitration case and stuck with his contract for the remainder of the term. best case scenario would be they get to buy him out a la richard and the cap is spread over 15-20 years like richards.

Why is he in this situation?

• Cheers 1

56 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Why is he in this situation?

doesn't matter why he's in this situation.. he probably prefer to be in this situation anyways.. settle... get bought out... immediately sign for league minimum with a new team and get to prove it for the remainder of the season and playoffs and then sign a new contract. rather than bus around the ahl for the remainder off the season. get bought out and then sign a league minimum next year..

don't think sharks want to risk letting this drag into free agency.. where they have to reserve 7mil cap space in case he wins the arbitration and it's passed the buyout period.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

doesn't matter why he's in this situation.. he probably prefer to be in this situation anyways.. settle... get bought out... immediately sign for league minimum with a new team and get to prove it for the remainder of the season and playoffs and then sign a new contract. rather than bus around the ahl for the remainder off the season. get bought out and then sign a league minimum next year..

don't think sharks want to risk letting this drag into free agency.. where they have to reserve 7mil cap space in case he wins the arbitration and it's passed the buyout period.

Didn't read past he prefers to be in this situation..

Ya ok. Every player wants their 26 million dollars contract canceled and be under investigation by the NHL amd not have played a single game all season.. 

• Cheers 1