The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Columbus Blue Jackets | Friday, November 26th, 2021 @ 4:00pm PT | Sportsnet Pacific

Rate this topic

Roger Neilsons Towel

3 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

I knew a guy who lived on Iggy's street in Calgary. Said he would come out and play road hockey with all the kids all the damn time. 

LOL...I've been known to grab a stick and play hockey outside with the neighbourhood kids (shut up).  So a Dad told me he did a survey with his boy one day...asked who in the neighbourhood were kids and who were adults.  I was the only adult who was put in the kid category.  Dad asked why and Brandon said "of course she's a kid, she's plays hockey with us".  He's now 15 and we laugh about it.

Love Iggy...this is great to hear.  That move he did at the Linden retirement put him into another class for me.  Plus he was tough as nails....I, too, always wished he played for us.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Funny story, I was watching the gold medal game at The Cambie and I had a guy with a Calgary Iginla jersey sitting next to us.  We were all pretty drunk by noon and he was a bit confused why I was chirping him (friendly banter) for his Flames jersey.  

Good memories from 2010, totally worth whatever taxes were paid in the end. 

Yeah I remember driving afterwards and it was just crazy, people yelling and screaming, honking their horns, it was electric. It was happening all over the country in big towns and small alike. I’ve never seen anything like it before or since. We were all united as Canadians in our joy. Special memories I’ll never forget. Iginla was a big part in making that happen.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Green Building said:

I've watched that clip, the Smyth clip, and the Sedins last game clip a number of times. I like the Alberta battle and history between the 3 teams. 

I watched the Sedin retirement ceremony again the other night, so good

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, -DLC- said:

LOL...I've been known to grab a stick and play hockey outside with the neighbourhood kids (shut up).  So a Dad told me he did a survey with his boy one day...asked who in the neighbourhood were kids and who were adults.  I was the only adult who was put in the kid category.  Dad asked why and Brandon said "of course she's a kid, she's plays hockey with us".  He's now 15 and we laugh about it.

Some reason I pictured you going full Gino and taunting the other team of children...

;)

9 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Now i want some chips

10 minutes ago, KILLER said:

Mmmm salt and vinegar. :P

I'm gonna buy vinegar powder and make grilled or smoked chicken wings seasoned with vinegar powder, garlic, cilantro, green onion, lime zest, fish sauce, some minced fresh chili, and some honey or palm sugar.  

The powder keeps the glaze from being too watery and ruining the grilled chicken skin, and the lime zest adds the citrus aroma we all know and love.  

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • Vintage 1