The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Green to be Fired

Rate this topic

Me_

26 minutes ago, Alflives said:

We are winning tomorrow in Ottawa.  That’s two in a row.  Then we are winning a bunch more to add to a winning streak.  Green still getting fired with us winning?  

Montreal and Ottawa are both bottom 5 NHL teams. I hope ownership hardly considers that.

• Vintage 2

47 minutes ago, Alflives said:

We are winning tomorrow in Ottawa.  That’s two in a row.  Then we are winning a bunch more to add to a winning streak.  Green still getting fired with us winning?  

This teams issues stretch far beyond stringing together a couple of wins with bottom feeders Alf. If the ultimate goal is to build a Cup Contender then this team has a ways to go. I don't think you can just ignore what happened in the first 20 games as if it never happened.

• Vintage 2

6 hours ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Imo, it was time for AV & the Canucks to separate, there was no transition plan or new young core coming in. 

But the lack of young core wasn't AV's responsibility.  You're right that it felt right for him to move on, but just pointing out that this is what seems normal for a coach even when it's not the coach that's failing.  

And then there's this year......hard not to point to the coaching staff.

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

He should be. As he can’t change the game when it’s started. 
A great coach change the strategy during the game. 

• Vintage 2

3 hours ago, tas said:

fans here are going to have their eyes opened real wide when green goes on to success elsewhere.

there's a reason he's so highly respected around the league, especially for such a young coach. 

I'm not sure too many will care if he does, just because people want him gone doesn't mean he's hated. Coaches have a shelf life, it ain't working.

If we go on to have our own success most people won't care. If we flounder and he has success, well, we still have people fussing about Dahlen. Some folks are always gonna fuss.

Edited by Coconuts
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

2 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I'm not sure too many will care if he does, just because people want him gone doesn't mean he's hated. Coaches have a shelf life, it ain't working.

If we go on to have our own success most people won't care. If we flounder and he has success, well, we still have people fussing about Dahlen. Some folks are always gonna fuss.

are you new here?

• Huggy Bear 1

6 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Green has really nice hair, right?  

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, NHL97OneTimer said:

But the lack of young core wasn't AV's responsibility.  You're right that it felt right for him to move on, but just pointing out that this is what seems normal for a coach even when it's not the coach that's failing.  

And then there's this year......hard not to point to the coaching staff.

Yeah with AV, it was Gillis' failure to draft & develope, whereas, currently it is Green & friends.

Edited by ShawnAntoski

4 hours ago, tas said:

fans here are going to have their eyes opened real wide when green goes on to success elsewhere.

there's a reason he's so highly respected around the league, especially for such a young coach. 

All the best to him. But whatever is happening with our team isn't working. And the coach is something we can change. So we have to do it. He's had a good run here.

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Vintage 1

Benning is more at fault than Green.

Green should go too, imo, but If you allow Benning to hire a new coach I think youre just prolonging the inevitable.

I was actually really happy with Jimbos off-season at the time but hindsight is 20/20 and I'm done giving him chances. His expiry date is well passed the best before date and I want him gone yesterday.

Aquilini should do the exact same thing Molson did. Fire all the GMs and hire a president and then step TF back.

Edited by BlakeQuinnAndEggs
  • Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

Why do you say people ”hate” when they don’t think he’s a great coach? 
I think he’s unable to shift the strategy while the game is running. 
That isn’t hate. That is a belief he isn’t a great coach. 

read the things other people post.