The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

Just now, combover said:

Would still like to see miller traded before his contract kicks in. 
might get less return than last year but not having that contract on the books has lots of value. 

As would I...but I don't see it happening. They extended/committed to him, he's playing well with Horvat... Unless of course we move Horvat, then all bets are off.

I think they'll look to move one of Boeser/Garland, ideally at the TDL, and look to move out Myers and Pearson in the summer/next year either with retention or taking (hopefully better fittng) money back.

Bonus points for moving Myers sooner than that.

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, x00x said:

Horvat loves being a canuck, of coarse horvat wants what hes deserved/worth , so would rather us sign him and trade brock esp if brock starts lighting it up, his return will be great

Bo is a bit less than Miller.  But I think it’s fair he gets the same total dollars as Miller, just over more years.  So 56 million for Bo but over 8 years.  (7x8 years). If he will not sign that contract before the TDL then he MUST be traded.  And TDL trades mean futures.  Going to be very difficult to get our owner to sign off on a Bo for futures trade.  The closer we get to the TDL the less likely we get the kind of return for Bo our owner will agree to.  Really, this whole Bo situation is a BIG MESS.  And our owner is mostly to blame becaus3 he refuses to allow rebuilding trades of our core guys. 

1 minute ago, J-23 said:

Nothing, just don’t want Rutherford to overpay on a long term contract here. Seems like something he would do.

Is it up to management or our owner?  Like with Miller maybe our owner tells management they must extend Bo?  

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

Yup, even if we had to "Bjorkstrand" Garland for a 3rd and 4th (if we were doubling down on Miller), we would have been better off IMO.

the Miller signing never should have happened without jettisoning Garland or Boeser after signing mikhayev.. i'm not a fan of signing miller but i also don't hate the signing as much at the time.. but they cornered themselves by leaving 0 wiggle room to do anything

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

20 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

the Miller signing never should have happened without jettisoning Garland or Boeser after signing mikhayev.. i'm not a fan of signing miller but i also don't hate the signing as much at the time.. but they cornered themselves by leaving 0 wiggle room to do anything

yep-you-got-it.gif

• Upvote 1

All we have to think about is taking one more tough season and just go full tank for hometown Connor Bedard, Michkov or Fantilli. Get rid of all our over paid bogus contracts. Open up cap space for horvat. And get some actual solid Defence-men! Might as well bite the bullet this season! Full Tank now! Cut ties with all our bad contracts. Try to add  number 1 picks. Keep our young core! Petey, Horvat, Kuzmenko, Boeser, Michyev, keep Miller unless he wants a cup then trade for Number 1 pick to a to a contender, or somewhere else for a high number 1 draft pick. Keep Demko, Hughes, Bear, Borroughs. Schenn. Everyone else up for grabs or just play better perhaps…it’s gonna be painful! We Need a top 3! Hoping for hometown Bedard! That will instantly make this team better for the future! Just my opinion on this matter there’s no reason to add we can do that in the Off-season! 

On 12/1/2022 at 6:14 PM, Alflives said:

Is it up to management or our owner?  Like with Miller maybe our owner tells management they must extend Bo?  

Ownership needs to stay out of it. I don't trust them, and I certainly don't trust this current iteration of management. They've all sucked. It doesn't like anyone is being held responsible or accountable in this organization. What does that generally lead to? It leads to an organization and the team sucking like it's currently doing. 

On 12/4/2022 at 1:11 PM, Angry Goose said:

If PLD wants out of WPG, I wonder if a swap for Bo (extension in place) would work?

But PLD doesn't want to play here. Isn't it reported that he wants to play for Montréal? 

On 12/1/2022 at 11:41 PM, T.Shelby said:

Also got Pettersson in the final year next year. If its the same show next year he might pull the trade me i'm not resigning as a RFA

I suspect there's going to be a fresh start, management will have to sell him that it's now his team moving forward. They'll have to make some UFA signings in order to be competitive, or else they risk getting worse if they don't replace Bo (as centre - who's playing there if he leaves? Miller? The guy who doesn't play defense or backcheck?). I'm waiting to see Rutherford and Allvin become too indecisive to make any sort of decision with Miller, and then next season, they regret not trading him when his contract was still at 5.25. 

Rutherford for all the great things he's done in Carolina and Pitts, hasn't proven to have done much here so far, in my books. But I'm willing to bet that they're worse next year. I can't see players wanting to come here at a discounted price, which means this team will need to overpay for UFA's to want to come here. Large contract after large contract. Doesn't seem like a winning recipe to me. Petey as the #1 centre, I can start seeing next season for sure, but even as early as this season. He's emerging as the #1 guy here in Van that's for sure. Whether his heart is here, remains to be seen. My heart can't take it though if we lose Bo, and then Petey, and then Hughes, and be stuck with JT "I cannot backcheck to save my own life, let alone my teammate's lives" Miller. That guy is the definition of lazy. 

• Cheers 1

On 12/1/2022 at 6:34 PM, wai_lai416 said:

The very definition of poor management, which this current management team is, at least for now. 

I have zero confidence in them. 

7 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

He deserves better. What about helping and being a part of building a winner here

He's been giving it everything since joining the club. It's the inept owner and management that has let Bo down

He deserves better, and has put in his time here. Hope he stays, but if he goes, I hope he wins a cup. 

• Cheers 1