The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

19 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

5.1 … a pay cut 

I wonder if they spat in his face or slapped him first. 

Looks his decision  to leave was made for him by this classless franchise. 
I’m glad he turned down the 8 mill. 
much like tanev some  guys have self respect and once you cross the line money is secondary. Especially when there’s no risk that they’ll   get paid else where and maybe even appreciated.

once again with Francesco as the owner the fans are really the only losers.  

6 minutes ago, Provost said:

Who is we?

… the people derided as “ not real fans”. were most definitely NOT celebrating that signing.  Spending money on an older player for a bad, cap strapped team nowhere near competing was stupid then and is still stupid.

The only thing I can hope (and will never happen), is that they have a fire sale between now and the end of next season to accumulate as many picks and prospects as possible to restart completely… and that includes Hughes and Petterson.

What a gong show of a franchise, run by clowns who couldn’t come up with a vision for the team even if they got fed a bunch of peyote and spent a month in a sweat lodge.

The counter argument would be: the team is still profitable despite the yearly results - loser logic.  The same logic that continues to under value draft picks, using the percentage of success reasoning..

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

1. Neely Deal

2. Signing Messier

3. mismanaging and lowballing Bure

4. Fumbling signing Gretzky (deal was virtually done)

5. The 2006 Deadline, every deal was abysmal. 

Some of these aren’t even trades. He said trades.

18 minutes ago, ba;;isticsports said:

I am concerned that teams knowing he turned down $8 may walk away too

The ones that will want for a rental won't be disrupting their team giving great players back and with them as top teams will be getting later round picks 

We will mostly be getting away from another $8+ long term deal but i don't think the returns will be worth $8 million eventually and people may be underwhelmed with what our return for him may be?

I wonder who spilled that nugget?  I listened to some of the Drance show this afternoon and they had no idea then what the number was.  Dahliwal, who broke the story did not know either.  

Whoever leaked that number isn't doing the Canucks any favours

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Provost said:

What a gong show of a franchise, run by clowns who couldn’t come up with a vision for the team even if they got fed a bunch of peyote and spent a month in a sweat lodge.

In their defence, if I were fed a bunch of peyote and spent a month in a sweat lodge, I'm pretty sure my mind would be elsewhere too.....like "why are we all naked" or "why did I just pet that mountain lion?"

image.png.7e8ced011f2b4647b8646fc92f889ea3.png

• Haha 1

Just now, Gurn said:

IF     the team originally offered $5.125 mill per over whatever term- who ever is doing the contracts need to be let go.

Not really.  It's a negotiation.  You offer your bottom offer and work your way up from there.  Nothing wrong with that IMO.

4 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Some of these aren’t even trades. He said trades.

The original quote was worst Boeser was the worst move in franchise history, he added the OEL trade. The context is worst moves in franchise history. i said the OEL trade wasn’t even top 20 worst moves in franchise history. 

3 minutes ago, Viper007 said:

Not really.  It's a negotiation.  You offer your bottom offer and work your way up from there.  Nothing wrong with that IMO.

If you offered me less than I used to make, I'd just wait till I can sign anywhere.

Complete lack of respect for the guy.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1
  • There it is 1

32 minutes ago, Devron said:

Yup that’s a guy that’s just done with this rodeo. Good for him honestly 

Good for him. Good luck to the organization that pays 8 million plus lol

31 minutes ago, combover said:

We’ll till the end of next year lol. 
then captain OEL or miller 

I want to see that, would be funny.