The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

1 minute ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

The “let’s blame the media” nonsense from the players is getting tired.

If you don’t want to deal with public scrutiny go find a job that doesn’t pay millions per year.

If you don’t want people talking about trading you or the lack of a deal, sign an extension and the speculation is done.  If that extra half million per year or so is worth more to you than all the media churn and distraction… then suck it up.

• Thanks 1

The problem with Bo is that he is unable to make others around him better. He's just never going to be that type of player. He had Miller with him the last ten games and he had what, one assist. You need to have centermen who can make others around them better.  Especially if you pay them 8 million. He doesn't make others better that's just a fact. He can sure score though. I just think both sides need change.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Cheers 2

Just now, Provost said:

If you don’t want to deal with public scrutiny go find a job that doesn’t pay millions per year.

If you don’t want people talking about trading you or the lack of a deal, sign an extension and the speculation is done.  If that extra half million per year or so is worth more to you than all the media churn and distraction… then suck it up.

Pretty standard statement by Bo all around. I guess the entire league should suck it up and lick the boots of the media. 

• Cheers 1

39 minutes ago, Diamonds said:

If those are your expectations, I think you're going to be very disappointed. The Toronto suggestion is probably the most reasonable one.

From Columbus, if they are willing to offer up Jiricek it's likely only as a one-for-one (maybe a mid round pick throw in). 

From Detroit and Carolina you're asking for their top prospect plus their top young center and then a 1st on top of that. We would be lucky with 2 out of 3.

I still feel the best comparable for a possible Horvat trade is the Giroux trade last year. Highly touted but slightly struggling young player/prospect, a 1st, and a 3rd. If the Canucks are somehow able to get more than that it's a robbery.

Not at all giroux was well past his prime were talking about bonfide top 6 centre top 5 in draws and great in his own zone I think package will be similar to rangers package we go for 1st top prospect and 3rd line centre 

2 minutes ago, Provost said:

Normally I’d agree but this doesn’t seem to be one of those types of situations.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Odd. said:

Man this is all just too bittersweet :( Bo is like the arteries and blood vessels of this team. 

Missed the playoffs 6 out of the last 7 years. One playoff round in 7 years.  I think the arteries have been clogged up for a long time and major heart surgery is needed to fix them…

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

So I guess 7+ Million or 50 Mill total isn't enough for you to help out your teammates and save them the trouble? Yeah we get it Bo, Bye bye now. 

I am sure many of us would like to have that dilemma. :lol:

• Like 1
  • RoughGame 1

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Missed the playoffs 6 out of the last 7 years. One playoff round in 7 years.  I think the arteries have been clogged up for a long time and major heart surgery is needed to fix them…

Sounds like we need a new leader.........hint, hint. ::D

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, Devron said:

Probably because they prioritized Miller over Horvat. Not so much the $ but the principle. Chances are the wrong guy is traded 

Ok that makes more sense why you think that. To be fair I think the plan was to keep them both, which was very possible and still is. But the fact Bo has had his best season so far did not help. He is using this season to cash in on a long term contract which is perfectly the right thing to do. Just doesnt help us that he's playing as good as he is atm. Don't think anyone expected Bo to be scoring at this rate.

Just now, EdgarM said:

So I guess 7+ Million or 50 Mill total isn't enough for you to help out your teammates and save them the trouble? Yeah we get it Bo, Bye bye now. 

I am sure many of us would like to have that dilemma. :lol:

7x8 is the same money, $56 million, offered to Miller who accepted it after a 99 point season.  Miller could have gone to free agency as well and tried his luck but he didn’t. People seem to forget BO held out in his last contract and missed training camp. Seems to be a pattern with him. 

Comparing him to Henrik Sedin is kind of a joke really. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2