The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

At this point, I'd trade him as soon as possible. It's a distraction and only getting worse.

Maybe there is a trade in the works already? Hence Miller's practicing at center.

I'm a fan of the player and the person. But honestly, I'm looking forward to the changes. I think the team and the player both needs a fresh start.

Clearly, Bo is a good player but he isn't at a level where he can consistently impact the outcome and win you games night in and night out.

As a secondary offensive player playing behind a dominant #1 option (like MacKinnon or McDavid), he will do great. 

One hope was that Petey could become that dominant #1 option and while he seems to be on his way there, it hasn't materialized yet and the time has run out on Bo Horvat's tenure with the Canucks.

Bye Bo! Thanks for your service.

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Yes, they all went to the Stanley Cup finals.  So they have that. The last 8 years have not been kind to Canucks fans.  I don’t have a problem if BO wants out at this point.  What bothers me the most is people always having to slam Miller in the process. What exactly did Miller do to push BO out the door?  He had his 99 point season and got paid.  It’s not like he went to management and asked to rip the C off BO’s chest so he could be the captain. 

That is weird. Unless it comes out that Miller undermined the situation, there's really no reason to dump on the guy for signing a lucrative contract. For his stupid blind back passes? Sure. 

This is all on management and ownership.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, hockeygod77 said:

BO IS A SMART PLAYER..HE DOES NOT BACK DOWN FROM ANYONE ALSO SMART ABOUT HIS TOUGHNESS...THERE ARE TIMES YOU NEED TO GO BUT TIMES YOU TURN AWAY..WASTE OF TIME ...HE HAS SIZE SKILL GOOD LEADERSHIP AND OVERALL YOU WONT GET ANY BETTER FOR WHAT YOU PAY FOR...TEAM NEEDS MORE BO HORVATS..END OF STORY..

This team isn't built to win a cup with him. They sign him, they have no money to improve the rest of the team. It does nothing long term to keep him. He would be great if we had a team around him capable of winning but there are just too many holes that can't be filled. They just did it wrong. It really is heading towards a rebuild whether now or later. They can keep trying though. They have for many years. It sure seems to be working.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Yes, they all went to the Stanley Cup finals.  So they have that. The last 8 years have not been kind to Canucks fans.  I don’t have a problem if BO wants out at this point.  What bothers me the most is people always having to slam Miller in the process. What exactly did Miller do to push BO out the door?  He had his 99 point season and got paid.  It’s not like he went to management and asked to rip the C off BO’s chest so he could be the captain. 

Love him or hate him, Miller is here for 7 more seasons. 

I slammed him in the past and will probably continue to do so as long as he makes those dumb passes that gets picked off for a breakaway.

But at the end of the day, I'd rather see Miller get back to playing dominant offensive hockey like last season while playing responsibly as he did in his first two seasons here.

I guess we roll with EP-Miller as the primary pieces up front for the foreseeable future.

17 minutes ago, HOFsedins said:

Wait, let me get this straight. You think Bo deserves 8M because of Respect? And did you also bring in plus/minuses to justify Bo being a 8M dollar player as well?

I mentioned this before, I believe the plan was to sign JT and Bo but that is impossible now since he is on a heater scoring goals since the end of last season.

8 million for respect? No. An offer equal to JT's? Absolutely, he deserved that respect. Bo is the better player at a more important position and younger. JT leaves and the hole may be salvageable. Bo leaves and I don't think that hole is salvageable. Centers like him don't grown on trees. 

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, cripplereh said:

We either get a good center back in a trade or rhd.

If management screws this up and doesn't get one then they should be fired.

It’s doubtful any teamtrading for Horvat is giving up a similar C in return.  If he’s a rental, teams will be stocking up, not moving guys out

2 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Ok, why is it so bad that fans want more, expect more? A Stanley cup is what it is all about in the end. I love Bo Horvat but this team is not and will not be a Stanley cup winning team. Lie to yourself if you want but it's just fact. How many losing seasons does this team have to go through before people admit it. You have changed the management, the coach and still the results remain the same. The core is the only thing that hasn't been changed. I got one want them to win a Stanley cup. It really is why we're all so invested is it not or do we just care that the players are really nice people? It can't be the reason we keep them. You need to have results and they haven't gotten them with this group.

Not against change. Just saying the attacks on our players are a bit much. Especially on Bo who has been here for so many years and is our captain. 

2 minutes ago, jyu said:

I slammed him in the past and will probably continue to do so as long as he makes those dumb passes that gets picked off for a breakaway.

But at the end of the day, I'd rather see Miller get back to playing dominant offensive hockey like last season while playing responsibly as he did in his first two seasons here.

I guess we roll with EP-Miller as the primary pieces up front for the foreseeable future.

Well again if we trade a few higher paid players and get a good return for Bo and Brock we should have money to keep Kuz and find a center in the summer to play with Miller.

Maybe Johansson comes over and is a good fit with QH and we get one more rhd.

There are ways to make the team better just have to have other teams trading with us.

20 minutes ago, RWJC said:

Just imagine we could afford/retain our current top 6 and have a dynamite offense, if only we could deal out Boeser, Garland, Pearson and Myers. 
Keep Bo with JTM.

EP with Kuz

We’d clear roster space for Podz to come back up next season, perhaps Klim in a couple years, and if we took a hit to lose OEL, we might have cap space to pursue another true top 4 Dman. 

So close but yet so far. 

Would love to keep Bo and JT. I thought management was on that path and had that figured out. Losing faith in the management. Seem to be along the same lines as Jimbo, just winging it as it goes.

• Cheers 2

Just now, jyu said:

Miller was a force at centre last year. Had his best year ever at centre. There is no reason he can’t get back to that level with better wingers and a better defensive structure. Trading Horvat frees him up to be the defacto 2C.  And allows us to hopefully pick up a top prospect that can play with Miller.  Miller and Podkolzin had good chemistry last year. Maybe that can happen again next year. If we can get a Fabian Lysell type player who is fast as hell and great defensively then that would be a perfect winger for Miller.  

There is still hope for us.  Just because Horvat is traded it’s not the end of the Canucks.  We survived a Bure trade, a Linden trade, a Luongo trade.  I am sure we can survive a Horvat trade. 

• Cheers 3

2 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

Not against change. Just saying the attacks on our players are a bit much. Especially on Bo who has been here for so many years and is our captain. 

I don't agree with attacks on them either.  I just think the mix of the group is way off what it needs to be to win a cup. It's not even close really. Too many players who are the same sort of player and a d that just doesn't offer much. 

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Petey will be the better all around player. Datsyuk 2.0.  A 100 point player who can win the Selke. We’ve never had a player like that before. 

Kesler scored  104 one year, and won the Selke the next, so we've been close.

Edit to add- I got this wrong- he had over 100 penalty minutes- not points.

Edited by Gurn
  • Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

29 yr old Miller or

27 yr old Bo

This management group is dumber than Borscht.

… and if they had have made him the priority and signed Bo before this year he could probably have been had for $7 million x 8 years.

They decided Miller was more important, and it seems to me they likely didn’t really want Bo as it is easier to move him than take the C away to change the leadership dynamic on the team.

Bo leaving doesn’t bother me as much as a complete lack of faith that the team brass can articulate and execute on some sort of solid vision for the team.  They keep changing their messaging when they can’t get things done.

• Cheers 1