The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

3 hours ago, billabong said:

Teams with the sexy players I want in a Horvat deal are NYR, COL and CBJ.

schneider, chytil, kakko, byram, girard, newhook, roslovic, boqvist, peeke, sillinger, etc…

Some say Boston because of Carlo but Carlo isn't playing top 4 minutes in Boston so I don’t think he’s the player he used to be 

Those are some really nice options.  I still personally believe it will be Carolina for Kotkaniemi, Morrow and a 1st.  Kotkaniemi will find his game and earn that contract (I know many are not convinced) which is middle six money this day and age.  Gives us an young middle six NHL C, a true RD prospect and a late 1st to build out our pipeline.  

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, GB5 said:

A couple pretty good ones on their roster in Wahlstrom and Holmstom.

Pretty sure they have no interest in moving Wahlstrom but maybe they part with a roster player like Simon Holmstrom + Bolduc + first?

Wahlstrom yes but they’re not giving him up and Holmstrom is a fine prospect but plays a position we just have so much depth in. We have so many wingers on this team it’s crazy. Then we have 2 better winger prospects not even on the team in Podkolzin and Lekkerimaki. There will be a ton of playoff teams asking about Horvat! Teams with much better assets that play the premium positions we lack in the system. We need at least a good center or RHD prospect coming back.

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

Those are some really nice options.  I still personally believe it will be Carolina for Kotkaniemi, Morrow and a 1st.  Kotkaniemi will find his game and earn that contract (I know many are not convinced) which is middle six money this day and age.  Gives us an young middle six NHL C, a true RD prospect and a late 1st to build out our pipeline.  

Close to my JT Miller proposal of last year for Necas, Morrow and a 1rst. Kotkaniemi could be a decent gamble.

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, billabong said:

Teams with the sexy players I want in a Horvat deal are NYR, COL and CBJ.

schneider, chytil, kakko, byram, girard, newhook, roslovic, boqvist, peeke, sillinger, etc…

Some say Boston because of Carlo but Carlo isn't playing top 4 minutes in Boston so I don’t think he’s the player he used to be 

All good choices, Byram is the most interesting.. highest ceiling, biggest risk.  I am torn to say I would make a trade for him, but leaning on a yes.  Newhook is same category but not injury based. 

• Upvote 1

On 12/14/2022 at 7:04 AM, rekker said:

I hope if Bo goes he wins a cup, I wish him success......but not in Boston, nope, never.

I agree. If he signs with Boston, I just cannot cheer for Bo. No way. 

With that being said, I still am holding out a tiny bit of hope that Bo signs here in Van and stays a career Canuck. 

• Like 1
  • There it is 1

1 hour ago, EB43 said:

All good choices, Byram is the most interesting.. highest ceiling, biggest risk.  I am torn to say I would make a trade for him, but leaning on a yes.  Newhook is same category but not injury based. 

I still can't see the team trading for a player like Byram. He's had multiple concussions already and he's so young still. His career could be done with one more major hit. 

I'd still be interested in the Rangers as a partner and what they would have to offer. Schneider would have to be one of the parts coming back, and a few other pieces as well. 

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

I agree. If he signs with Boston, I just cannot cheer for Bo. No way. 

With that being said, I still am holding out a tiny bit of hope that Bo signs here in Van and stays a career Canuck. 

I as well. It's just a huge hole to fill if he leaves. 

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

I still can't see the team trading for a player like Byram. He's had multiple concussions already and he's so young still. His career could be done with one more major hit. 

I'd still be interested in the Rangers as a partner and what they would have to offer. Schneider would have to be one of the parts coming back, and a few other pieces as well. 

It really depends... Byram is exceptional talent and he will become a top 15 NHL defenseman if he stays healthy. 

27 minutes ago, Rackdawg said:

I think Bo if he's dealt heads to the big Apple..either the isles or rangers.just my gut feeling.

I'll guess BOS, for the extra sting. Seems like a Canucks outcome.

(Cs) Krejci and Bergeron are most likely gone after this season. 

to BOS - Horvat (25% retained this season) and Schenn

to VAN - Carlo, Lysell and a 1st

• Like 2
  • Huggy Bear 1

9 hours ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

lol bring in the guy that cheap shotted EP on a bad contract?? EP will be overjoyed popping champagnes, but why not we have so many bad contracts let's add another 8 years of bad contract.. let's use up whatever cap we freed up with Bo and use it all up by replacing it with 8 years of a guy that's no where close to earning his contract.. you know the money that was suppose to be freed up to either re-sign kuz or get a rhd?? but nah let's just dump it back on more bad contracts.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, EB43 said:

If Newhook was winning faceoffs I’d be okay with him as the piece but he’s 30% and likely trending towards being a winger in the NHL. I’ve got a firm stance on needing to acquire a Center or Dman as I feel like we almost have too many wingers and not enough of those other positions. Byram is the only piece I like and I’d take the risk if they were willing to move him. 

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

Kotkaniemi is trash, his contract is trash. No, just no.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

If Newhook was winning faceoffs I’d be okay with him as the piece but he’s 30% and likely trending towards being a winger in the NHL. I’ve got a firm stance on needing to acquire a Center or Dman as I feel like we almost have too many wingers and not enough of those other positions. Byram is the only piece I like and I’d take the risk if they were willing to move him. 

Unpopular, but if we can aquire Byram, I'd trade Hughes. Hughes would fetch a lot and may be somewhat redundant if Byram is here. Byrams injury history scares me though. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Drakrami said:

It really depends... Byram is exceptional talent and he will become a top 15 NHL defenseman if he stays healthy. 

Byram wouldn’t have much value. he’s made of porcelain he makes Sammie Salo look like an Ironman.

3 concussion by 21 =red flag 

3 years in the league and has played a total of 59 games 

His career high is 30. 
he’s only played 10 this season due to injuries. 
Last thing we need is a top dman who’s out more than he’s in even if he’s great when he’s in. Just to risky. 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1
  • There it is 1