The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

4 hours ago, Alflives said:

I think we will re-sign Bo at (likely) 7 mil x 8 years; same total dollars as Miller.  But (IMHAO) we would be better off to trade Bo for a younger, top four RSD.  

Will cost more then just Horvat, BB is younger would be better in a deal.

• Upvote 1

Keeping Bo makes sense, it’s just tough over the short term. But cap is going up and we have money coming off the books over the next year or two.

In case Petey does not get better at the center position, including winning face offs, he can slot into the wing and Bo is 2C. I like the current set up of 3 scoring lines, but it doesn’t mean it will always stay that way and injuries can also occur.

We have an abundance of serviceable wingers with the additions of Mikheyev and Kuzmenko as well as prospect Lekkerimaki. Moving either Garland or Boeser next off-season makes more sense to me, given that they are cap controlled for a reasonable time.

I believe he will sign. JT Miller sets the current standard/value for contracts on the team. If we want to win, it can’t be much more than 7M given his role and potential role moving forward.  Bo has shown that he can play in the playoffs, given how much the team has improved we are more likely to make a return to the playoffs sooner rather than later and we don’t want to trade away guys that can perform once we are there.

Ideally want to keep Bo, but if he’s not signed by TDL. I would consider soemthing like Horvat for Carlo+.

Also I think Boeser value is at an all time low, not an NHL skater. I wonder if Boeser for Dumba could still be there. They have similar cap hits as well, I think.

If not Severson FA, only if we can somehow get rid of that Myers cap hit.

Carlo and Dumba/Severson addition would be life changing for our RHD side.

• Upvote 1

Miller's extension hasn't kicked in yet and he could still be traded, he was worse today than Horvat. That means we should trade them both right?

Trade Horvat+ to Columbus for Sillinger, trade Miller to Boston for Carlo and a 2nd or 3rd. Bring in a legit 3C to back up Pettersson and Sillinger in the dot, suffer through the growing pains with the aim to contend in four years. Go with a youth movement and free up like 15-16M. 

Stir The Pot GIFs | Tenor

Edited by Coconuts

Just now, Coconuts said:

Miller's extension hasn't kicked in yet and he could still be traded, he was worse today than Horvat. That means we should trade them both right?

Trade Horvat+ to Columbus for Sillinger, trade Miller to Boston for Carlo and a 2nd or 3rd. Bring in a legit 3C to back up Pettersson and Sillinger in the dot, suffer through the growing pains with the aim to contend in four years.

Stir The Pot GIFs | Tenor

I'd have no problem seeing ANY player traded, and JTM is certainly no exception.....and I'll qualify that with the fact that I'm a huge fan, but I'm an even bigger fan of Stanley Cups, so I really don't care what steps are taken to get this team there. 

Just now, Sophomore Jinx said:

I'd have no problem seeing ANY player traded, and JTM is certainly no exception.....and I'll qualify that with the fact that I'm a huge fan, but I'm an even bigger fan of Stanley Cups, so I really don't care what steps are taken to get this team there. 

I'm just talking out my ass, it'd be entertaining though 

That kind of direction would take Sutter sized balls 

18 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I'm just talking out my ass, it'd be entertaining though 

That kind of direction would take Sutter sized balls 

That type of direction is what we needed.

I thought JR was known for big moves. 

20 minutes ago, Sophomore Jinx said:

.....and they're needed, we've had gerbil sized stones here for far too long.

3 minutes ago, J-23 said:

That type of direction is what we needed.

I thought JR was known for big moves. 

Not gonna lie, when JR came in I thought we'd see more of a shake up but it's largely been more of the same thus far

It was never gonna be a single season turnaround but this is still very much the team that Benning built 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 2

20 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Well JR is the President of this team so even though he may not be here long term I am assuming as a Hall of Famer he is professional enough to do what is best for this team now and in the future.

If it's true that JR started out with RNH money and BO wants Couturier money then that is a pretty big gap that may be hard to overcome.  I think there is a small chance that JR caves but also BO may do the same if he really wants to stay.  My hunch is that BO will be traded though, as I believe both sides are not going to move much from their positions.  A trade would need to be done sooner than later as teams don't want to mess with their rosters once they are set and then you are waiting for injuries or a coach getting fired and a team wanting to shake up the roster.

Well, I hope so too, but you never know. When the man accomplished what he did, he was also younger, he's not that young now. He's in the twilight years of his HOF career. Maybe the guy's just tired and you know, old. I hope not, and I hope that he's got enough drive that if he's still working, that he would continue to excel and push himself to do, like you say, what's best for the club. 

I'm not sure that JR caves. I think there's always a chance of course, but I think more likely Bo could cave. Hasn't had the best start, and the longer he goes without scoring his first goal or getting his first points, the more pressure it'll be. He can't continue to demand Courturier money. Sean's done some great things, and have produced in ways that Bo never has. I think he caves. My personal sense is if nothing gets done by December, then he's probably gone by the trade deadline. Especially if things this season don't go the way management hopes, and we're out of a playoff spot by the end of this year. 

0-2. I know it's early, and it's only two games into the season. But 25 games isn't that far away. If this version of the Canucks don't get it going soon, I'm not sure anyone's going to be around, and that includes Petey and Hughes. My gut is that eventually, management is going to want to put their print on this team. This isn't Allvin's team. It's still very much Benning's team. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Castonguay, help!! 

(she seems to be the only one who excels in this organization)

Really? She's been so quiet, though....

Probably should add that it's like that for the entire organization. They're very tight lipped. 

Media is going crazy because they're all just speculating. no leaks. zippo. 

Edited by N4ZZY

15 hours ago, Honourable Hughes said:

Keeping Bo makes sense, it’s just tough over the short term. But cap is going up and we have money coming off the books over the next year or two.

In case Petey does not get better at the center position, including winning face offs, he can slot into the wing and Bo is 2C. I like the current set up of 3 scoring lines, but it doesn’t mean it will always stay that way and injuries can also occur.

We have an abundance of serviceable wingers with the additions of Mikheyev and Kuzmenko as well as prospect Lekkerimaki. Moving either Garland or Boeser next off-season makes more sense to me, given that they are cap controlled for a reasonable time.

I believe he will sign. JT Miller sets the current standard/value for contracts on the team. If we want to win, it can’t be much more than 7M given his role and potential role moving forward.  Bo has shown that he can play in the playoffs, given how much the team has improved we are more likely to make a return to the playoffs sooner rather than later and we don’t want to trade away guys that can perform once we are there.

Petey's getting way more than what Miller is making when his current deal is up. 

43 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Well, I hope so too, but you never know. When the man accomplished what he did, he was also younger, he's not that young now. He's in the twilight years of his HOF career. Maybe the guy's just tired and you know, old. I hope not, and I hope that he's got enough drive that if he's still working, that he would continue to excel and push himself to do, like you say, what's best for the club. 

I'm not sure that JR caves. I think there's always a chance of course, but I think more likely Bo could cave. Hasn't had the best start, and the longer he goes without scoring his first goal or getting his first points, the more pressure it'll be. He can't continue to demand Courturier money. Sean's done some great things, and have produced in ways that Bo never has. I think he caves. My personal sense is if nothing gets done by December, then he's probably gone by the trade deadline. Especially if things this season don't go the way management hopes, and we're out of a playoff spot by the end of this year. 

0-2. I know it's early, and it's only two games into the season. But 25 games isn't that far away. If this version of the Canucks don't get it going soon, I'm not sure anyone's going to be around, and that includes Petey and Hughes. My gut is that eventually, management is going to want to put their print on this team. This isn't Allvin's team. It's still very much Benning's team. 

I'm pretty sure that Petey, Hughes and Demko are untouchable at this point.  Podkolzin as well because of his potential.  OEL and Miller as well because of their contracts.

Everyone else can certainly be traded and it may happen that most are.  I'd throw everyone else's name out there and see what happens.  Some are negative value though, so we won't be able to trade them without a sweetener...

Edited by Elias Pettersson

17 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I'm pretty sure that Petey, Hughes and Demko are untouchable at this point.  Podkolzin as well because of his potential.  OEL and Miller as well because of their contracts.

Everyone else can certainly be traded and it may happen that most are.  I'd throw everyone else's name out there and see what happens.  Some are negative value though, so we won't be able to trade them without a sweetener...

ah, enough of the sweeteners. Losing that 2nd round pick in 2024 hurts to get rid of Dickinson's contract, yet another bad contract from Benning. 

Yes, I figured that Petey, Hughes and Demko are all untouchable at this point. 

What could you get for Petey? 

I'm not sure Demko could fetch a ton. He is a goalie after all. LOL