The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

Hey Agent, 

I am a more of a DIY guy, so I was thinking of, woo knows, a player grown from within…

like one of the players in this article…

Two of the young players who have looked good for the Abbotsford Canucks this season are a pair of 21-year-olds in right-shot defenceman Jett Woo and right-shot centre Chase Wouters.

Woo came into his sophomore season looking like a much better puck possessor. He looked like he was receiving and handling passes with much more grace and he continues to play his physical brand of hockey that he set the bar for last season. The most noticeable improvement in his game this season has been his gap control in the defensive zone. He was doing a much better job of using angles while defending and was rarely beat in the corners due to his ability to take away space.

As for Wouters, he is looking like an excellent find by the Canucks’ scouting staff. Wouters looks great in the faceoff dot, he is trusted as one of the team’s best penalty-killing centres and has seen his role grow as the season goes along.

Both of these 21-year-olds were beginning to play more minutes and get a lot of penalty killing time when injury struck. Woo has been out of game-action for a week now and Wouters has not played since December 4th.

The two players were quickly becoming some of the Canucks’ best defensively sound players and their injuries will provide a (hopefully) minor setback as they look to grow in the AHL as 21-year-olds. Abbotsford is tough to get information out of unless you are in the arena and able to ask the coach questions, so, I’ll be in the rink next week as they return to Abbotsford for practice to see how long both Wouters and Woo will be out for

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Phat Fingers said:

Hey Agent, 

I am a more of a DIY guy, so I was thinking of, woo knows, a player grown from within…

Two of the young players who have looked good for the Abbotsford Canucks this season are a pair of 21-year-olds in right-shot defenceman Jett Woo and right-shot centre Chase Wouters.

Woo came into his sophomore season looking like a much better puck possessor. He looked like he was receiving and handling passes with much more grace and he continues to play his physical brand of hockey that he set the bar for last season. The most noticeable improvement in his game this season has been his gap control in the defensive zone. He was doing a much better job of using angles while defending and was rarely beat in the corners due to his ability to take away space.

As for Wouters, he is looking like an excellent find by the Canucks’ scouting staff. Wouters looks great in the faceoff dot, he is trusted as one of the team’s best penalty-killing centres and has seen his role grow as the season goes along.

Both of these 21-year-olds were beginning to play more minutes and get a lot of penalty killing time when injury struck. Woo has been out of game-action for a week now and Wouters has not played since December 4th.

The two players were quickly becoming some of the Canucks’ best defensively sound players and their injuries will provide a (hopefully) minor setback as they look to grow in the AHL as 21-year-olds. Abbotsford is tough to get information out of unless you are in the arena and able to ask the coach questions, so, I’ll be in the rink next week as they return to Abbotsford for practice to see how long both Wouters and Woo will be out for

I like Woo, think he'll be a solid player for us in a couple years. But he's probably more "bottom 4" than "top 4". Maybe a good Rathbone partner eventually. We need some extra ceiling there IMO. Schneider has that ceiling.

Edited by aGENT

15 minutes ago, Phat Fingers said:

But yes, we need to give Hughes a partner, and as close to Scott Stevens as legally allowable in the league today… someone like that.  

Funny you want Parayko so bad then. He's a big boy, another guy I quite like that plays solid, 2 way defense. But he's not a "mean" player at all like Stevens was. They're not very similar at all.

9 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Funny you want Parayko so bad then. He's a big boy, another guy I quite like that plays solid, 2 way defense. But he's not a "mean" player at all like Stevens was. They're not very similar at all.

Can a ‘mean player’ exist like stevens in this league?  Back then taking heads off was legal.  

We cannot afford the mean stevens, but the huge massive, Mobile heavy shot RHD D man that can play the body and clear the crease… but not get suspended every ten games.  

25 minutes ago, Phat Fingers said:

Hey Agent, 

Wouters has impressed me a lot this season. Scary thing is we don’t have him on an NHL contract so he can sign with any team as we didn’t draft him. He’s on an AHL contract unfortunately. I hope we get this kid signed. Scrappy and hard working, very defensively aware for being so young, can win draws, and from the games I’ve watched he not only wins draws, he wins KEY draws in the d zone during the PK. To give him a ceiling, I think minimum a great 4 C in the NHL. But I see some offensive awareness there. You put him with some offensive line mates and his awareness for the game will just bring him points alone…maybe kinda like Brendan Morrison..,he was always a defensive center between Bert and nazzy.

Dunno why Parayko's even being discussed, they just signed him to an 8x6.5M deal in September. 6'6", 230 pounds, RD, first pairing D for them. Why would they trade that? Clearly they wanted him to stay. 

He's a lynchpin on their defense, move out a D like that and you've got to replace him. And good luck doing that. 

2 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Dunno why Parayko's even being discussed, they just signed him to an 8x6.5M deal in September. 6'6", 230 pounds, RD, first pairing D for them. Why would they trade that? Clearly they wanted him to stay. 

He's a lynchpin on their defense, move out a D like that and you've got to replace him. And good luck doing that. 

I agree, especially after losing out on re-signing Pietrangelo.  Having said that, I suppose it can't hurt to ask but I suspect that STL would just hang up.

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

Hmm we want speed and skill

To Van:

Alex Debrincat+ Jujhar Khaira

To Chicago:

Brock Boeser+ Tyler Motte

To Toronto:

Bo Horvat

To Van; 

William Nylander+ 1st round pick (2023) 

To Van: 

Marco Rossi+ 1st round pick

To Min: 

JT Miller

that makes us charmin soft

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Phat Fingers said:

Attila, 

I think you need to put down the coffee, lol, but yes, I think Wouters needs to be signed, and this can happen, but we do have the inside track.  

excellent depth center for the bottom six, never a position that can be taken for granted.  

I don’t drink coffee any more lol. Sure the Morrison comparison is crazy I do think solid 4th line C tho. Our own home grown Beagle. How about that for coming back down to earth? Lol

• Cheers 1

Just for the hell of it:

To Rangers

Horvat @ 50%

Motte

for

Lafreniere

Lundkvist

Better of Blues/Rangers 2nd

To Colorado

Miller @ 50%

Halak

for 

Helleson/Barron

Olausson

Jost

2023 1st

To Capitals

Boeser

for 

McMichael

Hendrix Lapierre

Jets 2nd

Mini Rebuild complete.  We gain two quality assets on the wing, C, and RD, get some picks rebuild our prospect pool., and some cap space to fill in gaps.

1 hour ago, EternalCanuckFan said:

I agree, especially after losing out on re-signing Pietrangelo.  Having said that, I suppose it can't hurt to ask but I suspect that STL would just hang up.

It'd be like asking us for Hughes, he's irreplaceable on that team

You're right, losing Petro made him all the more important 

2 hours ago, Coconuts said:

Manson as a UFA would be a more realistic target if we clear some cap.

Miller to LA for Byfield or Kupari + Brock Faber + 2022nd 1st

Miller to LA for Kupari + Brandt Clarke + 2022 2nd 

Miller 50% retained this year to NYR for Schneider + Lafreniere

Miller 50% retained this year for Rasmus Andersson + Connary Zary + 2022nd 2nd

Miller to BOS for Studnicka + Lysell + 2022nd 1st

Edited by Canucks Curse

2 hours ago, Canucks Curse said:

Miller to LA for Byfield or Kupari + Brock Faber + 2022nd 1st

Miller to LA for Kupari + Brandt Clarke + 2022 2nd 

Miller 50% retained this year to NYR for Schneider + Lafreniere

Miller 50% retained this year for Rasmus Andersson + Connary Zary + 2022nd 2nd

Miller to BOS for Studnicka + Lysell + 2022nd 1st

Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm fairly sure you have to retain for the remainder of a contract. Even with that in mind I think you're over-valuing Miller (or under-valuing everyone else?)

Edited by Biff Tannen
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Manson as a UFA would be a more realistic target if we clear some cap.

2 hours ago, Coconuts said:

If he makes it to UFA, most certainly 

If we can manage to get rid of HaM(IA)onic, I'd hope we target Lyubushkin personally.