The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

15 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I think Pittsburgh would be interesting, it's pretty close to where he grew up. He's supposedly got a home there, or at least this video says as much at the start. He also touches on growing up a Penguins fan at 10:50ish. https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/canucks-j-t-miller-family-becoming-social-media-stars-home/

Sending him home, or somewhere I could see him being okay with going, would help mitigate the optics of trading him shortly after signing him.

Obviously it'd involve taking some cap back but I could see something around Miller for Zucker or Rakell+? The caveat is the they have 10 and 8 team NTC's and we may be on them. Or we could get creative and retain half of JT's contract this year (I don't think we'd have to retain on the upcoming deal?) and swap him for saaaaay Brock McGinn+. McGinn comes in at 2.75M. Zucker's 5.5M comes off the books after this season, that combined with McGinn's 2.75M pays Miller. 

McGinn is signed for two more seasons but that's five fewer than seven. It'd give a Penguins team that likely wants to milk as much as it can out of Crosby, Malkin, and Letang some more scoring punch up front. 

I like McGinn as a means to improve defense from the forward group. 

43 minutes ago, RWJC said:

Send Pearson to CGY for a 3rd at TDL 

I would take the mascot, just to get rid of the deal.  But I remember the day the deal was announced and I didn't like it cause it was too long but most were ok/ecstatic, with the deal.  

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Cheers 3

36 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

I see it a different way. We had players with NTC's and had no intention of moving. The Sedins wouldn't even do the team a solid and be a rental for a playoff push. This is the problem with the team, no one is here to win a championship just looking for the pay day.

Although Hansen and Burrows had a different mindset when they left and had something this team is sorely missing now.

Hansen played himself out of the league in less than 2 years? 

Whatever the trade, please be pure futures. Prospects and Picks.

We can ill afford another Kesler trade where we forfeit the higher pick (10th) and better prospect (shea theodore) because we need immediate help at depth like Bonino and Sbisa or projects.

No more friggin hockey trades. 

Edited by DSVII
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

Like the plan to clear cap and fix the D, which resulted in adding more cap, which is completing effing us now, and a worse defensive team?

That was the old plan, under old assumptions. They have to be flexible enough to pivot and sell it to Petey. Otherwise yea, we need to start a tear down now if EP40 is not going to stay.

Edited by DSVII

13 minutes ago, Kenny Powers said:

I like McGinn as a means to improve defense from the forward group. 

Not gonna lie, I'm not familiar with his play, I was just looking for a cap scenario that would work for both teams. But hey, if he can add some defensive savvy to our bottom six all the better, it's much needed. 

McGinn and a 1st would be just fine, even if it's a mid to later 1st from Pittsburgh. Hell, I'd consider McGinn and a 2nd just to clear Miller's cap out. Cap space in itself is an extremely valuable commodity. 

Edited by Coconuts
  • Cheers 1

Just now, amplified0ne said:

I thought they said they would not put themselves in the same position as CGY and we know we are no where near being a contender, CGY thought they were but were just pretenders last year

Yeah, CGY gambled hard last year cause they knew that they won't be having the same roster.   Too bad, they got matched up, with last years Cinderella team (Spoilers).  Anyways, it would had been nice to see how they would had matched up, with Colorado.

2 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

It's been a year with the mediocre team and I'm (we're) still waiting for JR/PA to make a big trade to help the team.  I don't find them to be nearly as personable and open with their plans etc., like Benning was before.

I just imagine JR/PA cowering in a dark office corner, hoping no one finds them. 

I’m just really frustrated that we’re going to lose our captain and we didn’t have to. F*** Allvin and Rutherford. Their decision making has been appalling to say the least. 

2 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I’m genuinely curious as to how Benning and Chiarelli were able to manage the Bruins all the way to the Cup. Those two have proven to be shambolic. 

Beats me. Those two have proven to be inept with the Oilers and Canucks. 

• Cheers 1

24 minutes ago, DSVII said:

All depends on the plan and how it is communicated to EP and QH. 

I have zero confidence in this management team. Zero. Zilch. So I cannot see them pitching any sort of cohesive plan to Petey and QH. I expect those guys to be the next guys leaving. This franchise blows. 

I think we need to take a breath here. 

This is the type of thing that ends up looking like much ado about nothing years later. Lots of posturing. Probably what should have happened with Brock. 

Team basically says hey this is your value if we pay more then your value will be zero and if you ever want to go anywhere we won't be able to trade you. We'd love to pay more but we want to compete and if you do too no competitive team will pay you more either. 

I think Bo will sign.

• Cheers 1