The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

2 minutes ago, coryberg said:

Tough to call him #2 when he is averaging 3 minutes less a game... but yes playing with Quinn will make anyone look like #2

Ya but most of that is due to PP time.  5v5 QH and Schenn are our best pairing.  OEL has basically been taken off PK duties.

• Like 1
  • There it is 1

15 minutes ago, Gurn said:

IF     the team originally offered $5.125 mill per over whatever term- who ever is doing the contracts need to be let go.

Truly. It was abjectly stupid to make that offer. Offering the captain of the team, who’s spent his entire NHL career here, and dealt with seasons of losing less than his previous salary, is a total and complete insult. I wouldn’t be surprised if this was the point where Bo decided that he was done with this Mickey Mouse organization. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, Alflives said:

Yup n a good team OEL is a bottom pairing guy.  Sadly that’s the situation we are in.  

He’s top 4 easy on any team in the league. He’s not a bottom pairing guy period :lol:

Saying it over and over doesn’t make it true. 

3 minutes ago, hammertime said:

It might be inevitable. But this time last year Pete was pouting on the bench and visibly adolescent on the ice. Just because he "looks like a Sedin" now doesn't make him one. The sad truth is we don't have a leader right now. Schenn is probably the closest thing we have to a captain after Bo. I would go for a season with no captain until one presents himself as ready to take that role. I think Pete needs to prove himself more before he wears the C.

His leadership on the ice and the way the momentum of games change is captain worthy imo. That is if he can keep it up.

Schenn would be my choice but he’s likely gone at TDL.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, hammertime said:

It might be inevitable. But this time last year Pete was pouting on the bench and visibly adolescent on the ice. Just because he "looks like a Sedin" now doesn't make him one. The sad truth is we don't have a leader right now. Schenn is probably the closest thing we have to a captain after Bo. I would go for a season with no captain until one presents himself as ready to take that role. I think Pete needs to prove himself more before he wears the C.

He’ll be captain next season 

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

But when not scoring he was beyond useless. He didn’t hit, he spent 15-25 games chasing trying to get in shape again. 

I'm not defending his play, but a lot of teams would still take a flyer on somebody who scored 18 goals.

But when not scoring he was beyond useless. He didn’t hit, he spent 15-25 games chasing trying to get in shape again. 

And still, knowing all of Jake’s issues, Benning extended him and let Tofoli walk.  After the Bubble was a terrible offseason, and it very much damaged our team.  

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

He’s top 4 easy on any team in the league. He’s not a bottom pairing guy period :lol:

We still haven’t seen what he can do if paired with a stay at home partner 

given his defensive weaknesses, but the fact that he’s still got a good shot, that’s the situation I’d like to see before fully giving up on him 

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Good for him. Good luck to the organization that pays 8 million plus lol

Probably a team that’s got its shit together and on the verge of a cup. 

They Really offered Bo 5 million this summer haha. I’d reject all offers they sent after that if I was Bo. One last slap in the face 

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Which is odd and lazy on their part as Lekkerimaki was ranked from 9-18 in most scouting lists. 

Draft ranking means nothing cause what really matters, is the overall talent in a draft and their is a good reason why he fell or was passed over.  Plus, teams have their own list and the list we see are mostly for the fans....

Just now, Alflives said:

And still, knowing all of Jake’s issues, Benning extended him and let Tofoli walk.  After the Bubble was a terrible offseason, and it very much damaged our team.  

Well you know how the fans would've been up in arms if we let an asset go for nothing.  I don't really blame Benning.  Just too bad it cost us Toffoli at the end, but you could also blame COVID for making the cap flat.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Devron said:

Probably a team that’s got its shit together and on the verge of a cup. 

They Really offered Bo 5 million this summer haha. I’d reject all offers they sent after that if I was Bo. One last slap in the face 

This organization doesn’t have any standards, no surprise. 

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Viper007 said:

Ya but most of that is due to PP time.  5v5 QH and Schenn are our best pairing.  OEL has basically been taken off PK duties.

Yes Quinn and shenn are our best pairing... because OEL plays the left side doesn't mean he isn't our second best dman

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, ilduce39 said:

OEL isn’t going anywhere anytime soon so there’s going to be a lot of evidence for this debate one way or another.

The problem is that people will only look at salary when comparing his play.  He's never going to live up to that salary.  He's still a useful player though.  He's definitely not going to end up like LE who was unplayable by the end.

• Cheers 2

Exactly!  We clearly both love our team and want it to be a winner.  But contracts like OEL’s make it very hard to build a winner. He’s a bottom pairing guy who is payed like a top pair.  We are playing him like a second pair.  And we stink.  On a good team he plays even less.  But, of course, the good teams aren’t paying guys like OEL 7.2 per. 

• There it is 1