The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

6 minutes ago, ilduce39 said:

As disappointing as the season has been it sure is interesting to see what they do here.

Maybe Sharangovich or Mercer… plus  Wood and Nemec? I’m not familiar with New Jersey’s depth at all.  

Yup.  When we had those great Gillis teams I don’t remember worrying too much about how good we would be in 3-5 years.  We were a great team in the moment and that was fun to follow.  Now we aren’t so good.  So I’m looking forward to where we will be in 3-5 years.  Heck, maybe JR/Allvin make a couple key moves (with Bo and Hughes) that change the dynamics of the key core while making the supporting cast better?  And we get much better in a year?  

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Byram needs a new contract this summer...

With our luck Byram will follow in the paths of Sutter, Tanev, Salo, Booth, etc…great players but when they got traded/signed in Vancouver they just could not shake the injury bug! 

….although maybe it will be a reverse luck kinda thing!? Since Byram is always injured already maybe he joins our team and starts staying healthy…Wouldn’t that be nice for a change.

All jokes aside, I would not be willing to give up much for Byram. As good as he is, he just can’t seem to stay healthy. I feel for the kid because he has the chops and has proven when he does play he can make a difference on the ice. 

• Cheers 2

17 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

That was said about Miller too. He’ll sign or be moved. But the decision is still another couple months away. 

The money was there for Miller when they negotiated..   this show’s management has a cap plan.

Someone has to go,  and it probably should be Boeser .. but that’s a big IF , as his trade value is nominal to his cap hit.

This Management can not afford to watch Bo walk unsigned..   that is the tipping point and pressure his situation brings.

… and I agree , either way,  it will be sudden , or feel like it.… but the more this realization is accepted,  the quicker we can all move past the point and stop talking hindsight or history.

Regrets, and remorse over passed managements or players does nothing to support the Team we all want to see in this city.

It ruins the love of the game we all have, it breeds discontents in the fan base,  .. and that’s the worst part of what spills over at games.

The uplifting support of the Fans is what players and teams answer to as a rally cry to win .

Its all energy , producing energy,  and it needs to be sustained..

1 Stanley Cup ( one day) is nothing to sit down and enjoy for very long, Fans need to sustain that energy,  when we do, the red light goes on more often.

Players will always look around an arena to realize why they are there , and respond .

Edited by SilentSam
  • There it is 1

17 hours ago, Westcoasting said:

Nothing is going to happen until February, for the next month it will be back and forth posturing and if Canucks want to trade them I would assume no more offers or bargaining but I’m sure Bo’s camp will come back with a counter offer yet. I do agree though that ultimately they will trade him.

I don’t know if they’ll leave it too long,  They have others to line up through the Summer.

Kuz,  discussions with EP, ..  perhaps some more “tweaks in management, and on the team, and possibly behind the bench.

The time between now and the deadline is pressure.

12 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

I don’t know if they’ll leave it too long,  They have others to line up through the Summer.

Kuz,  discussions with EP, ..  perhaps some more “tweaks in management, and on the team, and possibly behind the bench.

The time between now and the deadline is pressure.

I’m sure they would want to… I’m thinking it’s more that the 

teams wanting a high profile player will wait longer because of less cap to take on for the remainder.

8 minutes ago, Westcoasting said:

I’m sure they would want to… I’m thinking it’s more that the 

teams wanting a high profile player will wait longer because of less cap to take on for the remainder.

Other teams that are stretching for the cup will analyze their teams positioning as well,.  It could be that if Bo moves,.  It’s with the intent of renting and not signing..  yet still giving a good package back.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, aGENT said:

Is his skating "deteriorating" or is he just still dealing with whatever foot issue he was having earlier this season? He's looked fine for stretches and was good last year. 

Yeah I'm not really worried yet, at all about OEL maybe the last couple years but he's not doing terrible. Myers I've been trying so hard but can't find many reasons to defend him after the Minnesota series during the COVID cup. He played hard then, took a lot of penalties but they were worth it most of the time, now it's just taking penalties and not intimidating or anything that benefits us at all.. just lazy ones

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

I'm hopeful. The only other option is a severe 8 year massive retirement deal to a guy who's not worth it. The hometown discount would have came last summer. I don't go anywhere near a 8x8 on that guy

I have no idea what this management group is going to do.

I'm not sure this management group even knows, what they are trying to do.

• Cheers 1
  • There it is 1

1 minute ago, Gurn said:

I have no idea what this management group is going to do.

I'm not sure this management group even knows, what they are trying to do.

It's sooo frustrating and honestly pathetic our franchise gives us no clear direction. All I know is whatever I want.. The opposite happens. So I'm expecting to keep him past the TDL, Make a playoff push and sign him to some silly 8.2 x 8 or whatever 

• Haha 1

Well if every player is available for trades then they want to trade players sooner then later.

I say this as weight have to take a couple players back to even cap out.Doing so then tdl we might be able to trade one of the take backs and get more picks or future considerations.

Either way I for one would trade as soon as a good trade is on the table rather then wait and miss out.

• Cheers 1