The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

The only way a team trades a guy like Horvat is if he wants out... Every team wants & needs a Horvat.

There are always moves to be made to budget his asking price and the reality is you have to pay market price for top players.

Puck possession is a critical factor when considering Horvat's impact especially in situations when the game is on the line.

While many players of NHL22 will imply it's so simple and easy to make trades and draft "better" players with picks other teams will gladly hand over, again reality dictates that it is not so easy to do...

10 minutes ago, Canucklehead73 said:

The only way a team trades a guy like Horvat is if he wants out... Every team wants & needs a Horvat.

There are always moves to be made to budget his asking price and the reality is you have to pay market price for top players.

Puck possession is a critical factor when considering Horvat's impact especially in situations when the game is on the line.

While many players of NHL22 will imply it's so simple and easy to make trades and draft "better" players with picks other teams will gladly hand over, again reality dictates that it is not so easy to do...

I doubt we trade Bo before it’s 2023.  Not happening in 2022.  

20 minutes ago, Canucklehead73 said:

Horvat wants out 100% 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

I mean, this should have been the strategy last draft. But they didn't take any RHD. 

That's an odd strategy, no? 

Remember when we drafted for Positional need 2 years in a row and got Jake Virtanen and Olli Juolevi? Good times. 

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Why?  He and his wife have a house here.  Both their kids were born here.  

He felt slighted and betrayed by the organization regarding the new contract for starters. I hope he ends up staying for a home town discount but at this point he wants out.

24 minutes ago, Canucklehead73 said:

Horvat wants out 100% 

• RoughGame 1

10 minutes ago, garthsbutcher said:

He felt slighted and betrayed by the organization regarding the new contract for starters. I hope he ends up staying for a home town discount but at this point he wants out.

Horvat wants out 100% 

Nope.  House, wife, 2 little kids (both born here).  This is Bo’s home.  The only reason he would be traded is current management thinks 50+ million is too much.  

I see Bo signing a Landeskog deal.  7 per x 8 years.  56 mil.  Same total dollars as Miller. 

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Why?  He and his wife have a house here.  Both their kids were born here.  

So?

My wife and I own a house here. 
Our kid was born here.  
I can’t wait to leave.  Lol!   

It’s not very hard to sell a house and move to another city.  
Especially if you are super rich and have people doing most the work for you, and your job in the new city is already set up. 

• Cheers 2

6 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

So?

My wife and I own a house here. 
Our kid was born here.  
I can’t wait to leave.  Lol!   

It’s not very hard to sell a house and move to another city.  
Especially if you are super rich and have people doing most the work for you, and your job in the new city is already set up. 

That’s you, and not Bo.  At no point has Bo (or his wife) indicated they don’t want to raise their family here.  IMHAO we sign Bo. 

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

That’s you, and not Bo.  At no point has Bo (or his wife) indicated they don’t want to raise their family here.  IMHAO we sign Bo. 

What have we done for Bo for him to want to stay? 
The snub in the summer? 
Never actually giving him proper wingers? 
The constant bottom of the league standings?  

Not to mention he has priced himself out big time for this poorly run, cap strapped team. 

Bo isn’t worth an 8x8. He has never played this well his entire career, and won’t keep it up for 8 years.  

When he turned down the last offer, that was more than fair, he basically said he doesn’t want to return 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

What have we done for Bo for him to want to stay? 
The snub in the summer? 
Never actually giving him proper wingers? 
The constant bottom of the league standings?  

Not to mention he has priced himself out big time for this poorly run, cap strapped team. 

Bo isn’t worth an 8x8. He has never played this well his entire career, and won’t keep it up for 8 years.  

When he turned down the last offer, that was more than fair, he basically said he doesn’t want to return 

I’m not talking about the hockey aspect.  I’m suggesting that because this is Bo’s young family’s home, he will want to stay.  It’s still 10 weeks to the TDL, I’m thinking we sign him.  7 mil x 8 years.  Same total dollars as Miller.  

7 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I’m not talking about the hockey aspect.  I’m suggesting that because this is Bo’s young family’s home, he will want to stay.  It’s still 10 weeks to the TDL, I’m thinking we sign him.  7 mil x 8 years.  Same total dollars as Miller.  

That would be a disaster.  
He isn’t worth close to that much long term.  

Bo’s kids aren’t even in school yet are they?  
Now is the time to move, if you are just talking about that one aspect.  

Also, you can’t not talk about the hockey aspect.   That’s the biggest part in all

of this.  
This team sucks and won’t pay him as much as others will. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

How many teams trade one of their top players in the prime of their career?  

Dallas just signed Roope for yearly average of $8.45 M. 

They have 3 other players signed for $9.85 (Seguin), $9.5 (Benn) and $7.75 (Robertson).

Canuck high earners are Miller and  Pettersson.  They should be able to fit in  Bo and get rid of some the $5/6 M contracts.

I can't see Captain Bo playing for another team.

7 minutes ago, stanleysteamersmyl said:

How many teams trade one of their top players in the prime of their career?  

Dallas just signed Roope for yearly average of $8.45 M. 

They have 3 other players signed for $9.85 (Seguin), $9.5 (Benn) and $7.75 (Robertson).

Canuck high earners are Miller and  Pettersson.  They should be able to fit in  Bo and get rid of some the $5/6 M contracts.

I can't see Captain Bo playing for another team.

It seems like management and ownership have chosen JT over Bo. Petey and Hughes will both get big bucks and trading Bo (and Boeser) gets us an rhd (hopefully), cap space, a 3C and picks. I would have kept Bo and taken the offer from the Rangers for JT, but now Bo is our best trade chip to ‘retool’ or whatevertf management wants to call it. The team needs to be restructured and our D needs to be rebuilt. If they are not going to trade JT now (for less than the last tdl offer) we should trade Bo. Continued mediocrity is untenable.

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

According to Frank Seravalli, the last offer to BO was slightly higher total money than Miller. He rejected it. 

3 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

Remember when we drafted for Positional need 2 years in a row and got Jake Virtanen and Olli Juolevi? Good times. 

There are 7 rounds in a draft. Instead of taking another Elias Pettersson in round 3 why not take a RHD, or move up to get one? You don’t draft by best player available after the 1st round. Lots of teams go off the board. 

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

There are 7 rounds in a draft. Instead of taking another Elias Pettersson in round 3 why not take a RHD, or move up to get one? You don’t draft by best player available after the 1st round. Lots of teams go off the board. 

I don’t entirely agree if there are better players you feel that are available take them.

Burke drafted lots of guys that were 6’2 plus 210++ pounds cause we needed a power forward, the best one we got out of that time was Bertuzzi via trade.