The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

2 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Kotkan comes with risk. He’s young but has underperformed year 1 of his 8 year deal. 

Would need another piece of sorts. 

Another OEL anchor contract. JK can stay where he’s at.

• Like 1
  • RoughGame 1

2 hours ago, Off_The_Schneid! said:

Florida hasn’t been mentioned but if they can inch within striking distance of the playoffs they could bite 

Heard that they haven’t been overly impressed with Reinhart (1 more year @6.5m)

Florida doesn’t have many picks to offer as a sweetener though

Have heard that Florida is willing to do something to ensure that the pick they gave the Habs is not a lottery pick.  Which means adding hard

3 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Kotkan comes with risk. He’s young but has underperformed year 1 of his 8 year deal. 

Would need another piece of sorts. 

It would be nice but I’m also trying to be realistic.  Maybe another prospect or pick?  We might be able to squeeze em a bit for taking JK back. 

16 minutes ago, RWJC said:

Hahahahaaaaa sure bud.

This dude is taking his job a little to seriously and must truly be hittin the Krak pipe. 

(from Kraken blogger Sean Maloughney):

What would it take for the Seattle Kraken to get Bo Horvat? At first I took this rumour with a grain of salt but it continues to pop up more and more by people I respect and who's opinions I trust. Horvat would give the Kraken a legitimate top six centre and a huge boost to their two way play.

The Canucks are an absolute mess right now with no real understanding of how they want to proceed as a team. The team should absolutely be going back into a full rebuild, collecting as many picks and prospects as possible. Ownership however seems to think that they are just a few veterans away from being a playoff team. Everything in Canuck Land has been mishandled. All this means is a team like the Kraken might have exactly what the Canucks "think" will push them into the promised land.

If the Canucks want NHL ready players for Horvat, what about Yanni Gourde? The 31 year old has two more years on his deal after this one and a respectable 6-23-29 in 43 games this season, playing most in a third line capacity for the Kraken. Last season in a more prolific role, Gourde put up 21 goals. Of course with Gourde there is the connection with the now long term signed J.T. Miller who played together in Tampa. 

What about Tolvanen with 5 goals in 10 games this season for the Kraken? The 23 year old is signed for this season and next season at 1.45 million and is an RFA at the end of the deal.

Gourde, Tolvanen, a 1st, and a conditional 1st if he resigns in exchange for Bo Horvat. Who says no to that deal? I honestly believe that is exactly the kind of trade that the Canucks think is a slam dunk for them moving forward. I look at it as the team trading an expensive third line centre, a top nine winger on a heater, and a 1st in exchange for a legit top end centreman. This is what the lineup could look like for the Kraken with that in mind:

Burakovsky-Beniers-Eberle
Schwartz-Horvat-McCann
Donato-Wennberg-Bjorkstrand
Tanev-Geekie-Sprong

the Canucks say no to that deal 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

The two 1sts, a roster player and a prospect is intriguing proposal from the Kraken blogger. 

Potential for a huge win if Seattle is over performing this year and the following draft’s 1st turns into a high pick. 

Edited by Junkyard Dog
  • Cheers 1
  • There it is 1

3 hours ago, J-23 said:

I don’t think any exceptional young RHD’s are on the market. You have to draft and develop those guys imo.

Hence why we should stop our moronic trading away of high picks

19 minutes ago, RWJC said:

Hahahahaaaaa sure bud.

This dude is taking his job a little to seriously and must truly be hittin the Krak pipe. 

(from Kraken blogger Sean Maloughney):

What would it take for the Seattle Kraken to get Bo Horvat? At first I took this rumour with a grain of salt but it continues to pop up more and more by people I respect and who's opinions I trust. Horvat would give the Kraken a legitimate top six centre and a huge boost to their two way play.

The Canucks are an absolute mess right now with no real understanding of how they want to proceed as a team. The team should absolutely be going back into a full rebuild, collecting as many picks and prospects as possible. Ownership however seems to think that they are just a few veterans away from being a playoff team. Everything in Canuck Land has been mishandled. All this means is a team like the Kraken might have exactly what the Canucks "think" will push them into the promised land.

If the Canucks want NHL ready players for Horvat, what about Yanni Gourde? The 31 year old has two more years on his deal after this one and a respectable 6-23-29 in 43 games this season, playing most in a third line capacity for the Kraken. Last season in a more prolific role, Gourde put up 21 goals. Of course with Gourde there is the connection with the now long term signed J.T. Miller who played together in Tampa. 

What about Tolvanen with 5 goals in 10 games this season for the Kraken? The 23 year old is signed for this season and next season at 1.45 million and is an RFA at the end of the deal.

Gourde, Tolvanen, a 1st, and a conditional 1st if he resigns in exchange for Bo Horvat. Who says no to that deal? I honestly believe that is exactly the kind of trade that the Canucks think is a slam dunk for them moving forward. I look at it as the team trading an expensive third line centre, a top nine winger on a heater, and a 1st in exchange for a legit top end centreman. This is what the lineup could look like for the Kraken with that in mind:

Burakovsky-Beniers-Eberle
Schwartz-Horvat-McCann
Donato-Wennberg-Bjorkstrand
Tanev-Geekie-Sprong

Tolvanen was just plucked off waivers, I'm not taking someone we passed on as part of a trade return 

The couple of 1sts is nice but Gourde doesn't move the needle for me at all 

Edited by Coconuts
  • Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Junkyard Dog said:

The two 1sts roster player and prospect is intriguing proposal from the Kraken blogger. 

Potential for a huge win if Seattle is over performing this year and the following draft’s 1st turns into a high pick. 

I was thinking the same thing.  Tolvanen redundant but replaced with a decent (defensive) prospect that’s not a bad deal.

2 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

The two 1sts roster player and prospect is intriguing proposal from the Kraken blogger. 

I don’t think they are over-performing. 

They will only get better from here imo.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, ilduce39 said:

I don’t actually think he’s far off.  2 1sts, Gourde and a D prospect instead of Tolvanen probably gets it done, depending on what other teams are offering.

It includes a conditional first only if he extends, which I doubt he would do in SEA. Just feels underwhelming though it may be in the ballpark, no?

• Cheers 1

I wouldn't accept any deal that involves picks being conditional upon Bo's re-signing, that's a losing deal waiting to happen 

Two 1st round picks only actually sounds good if they're guaranteed 

If we were left holding the bag with a 1st, Gourde, and a middle value piece instead I'd be choked 

4 minutes ago, Angry Goose said:

Might change CAR’s plans if Pac is out long term

This is why teams wait right up until the deadline. Things like this can change everything for teams.

If Pacioretty is out until playoffs they just opened up a ton of cap.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Angry Goose said:

Might change CAR’s plans if Pac is out long term

Interesting. Wonder how bad the injury is. Could wind up accelerating a trade, or completely nixing one. If Max is out for the year they won't push all their chips in. But if he's out for a bit then back for playoffs, that could give them a bunch of LTIR cap space to work with.

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

I said it earlier, people are underrating Wright. Bo (and even adding JL) for Wright is a great deal for us.

6 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Take that deal and run, even if we have to throw in Lekky I would highly consider it.

100%

Everyone is throwing out insane evaluations

If Florida had and had offered Beniers for Giroux last year Philly would have jumped.

If it was Hischier in his draft year+1 same thing.

IF at worst we're getting back a future RNH or Horvat style 2a or 1b centre at 19 years old, drafting top 10 or better this year and still making moves for the next 2 seasons it's money.

I'd take that deal vs Carlo and a late 1st any day of the week.  

The alternative is watching Horvat get injured or walking away for nothing in a rush to get to the playoffs under the new coach and hearing "we tried to get something done but ran out of time" ala Hamhuis, Tanev, Tofolli, Markstrom etc etc etc

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

2 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I wouldn't accept any deal that involves picks being conditional upon Bo's re-signing, that's a losing deal waiting to happen 

Two 1st round picks only actually sounds good if they're guaranteed 

If we were left holding the bag with a 1st, Gourde, and a middle value piece instead I'd be choked 

I keep forgetting but Im told you cant include conditional picks in trades anymore

1 minute ago, Shayster007 said:

Interesting. Wonder how bad the injury is. Could wind up accelerating a trade, or completely nixing one. If Max is out for the year they won't push all their chips in. But if he's out for a bit then back for playoffs, that could give them a bunch of LTIR cap space to work with.

He just came off IR for a torn achillies-if this is related to that or a new (and presumably bad) lower body injury it could spell bad news for Patches. Rehabbing an Achillies is bad enough-something new would be really tough to deal with.