The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

2 minutes ago, YearoftheNuck said:

PS does anyone know who this Bucci is and where he gets his intel? 

John Buccigross, works for ESPN. He has a history of tweeting pictures to make hints at things. Just like any journalist he's sometimes right, often wrong. No idea where he gets it.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Sounds like Carolina has the most concrete offer.

Bo for KK + Morrow + 2nd? Doubt we'd get a first as well.

I'd take that to be honest. Morrow is still relatively unproven but 20yo RD putting up some nice numbers as a junior, will need at least a year to cook in the AHL. Problem is, he could be another Rathbone-like project - former 2nd rounder, not had a shot yet in the NHL. It'd suck if we just got a 3C 30-40 point center in KK and a couple of 2nd rounder prospects for Bo so you'd hope they give is a first too because there are far better RDs out there surely.

Allvin probably says that those players get you Miller.

If you want Horvat it’s a 1st on the table.

14 minutes ago, Canucks Curse said:

KK + Morrow + 2nd is not a strong return for Bo, it is pretty meh to me...what do I know 

Yeah that's pretty weak, especially with JK's contract.

JK, Morrow, a first and one of Seeley/Nikishin for taking on the risk of JK's contract... Then you have something.

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, spook007 said:

Well lets see what happens...

I've said nummerous times, I think Horvat is traded, and the writing was on the wall, the minute the ink on Millers contract was dry...

They probably extended the wrong player, although they both big something defferently...

At the end of last season, only few were dead against trading Bo, but his play this season has given management eggs on their faces. 

Would not be surprised to see Kuz go depending on his situation. 
what ever they do, the only thing unacceptable would be Bo, Kuz and Schenn leave for free in the summer. In that case J/R, P/A and the chipmunks should all be sacked instantly. 

And yes Benning may have made a lot of mistakes, but he didn't lowball the players in general...

No he just let everyone walk while he was considering getting to working on contract offers for our teams starter, top defenseman and key players at the time.

• Vintage 1

8 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Yeah that's pretty weak, especially with JK's contract.

JK, Morrow, a first and one of Seeley/Nikishin for taking on the risk of JK's contract... Then you have something.

I would just stop.. They wouldn't even touch Morrow for horvat straight up. 

We already admitted to viewing busts like JK as the ideal return...We won't be convincing Don JK is a massive negative asset even though he is.

We just need to STOP GIVING AWAY 2NDs and draft the dmen like Morrow who are available at those spots! 

• Cheers 1

I think we are falling into that unrealistic expectations range again.

If you land Morrow, the right handed offensive dman to go with Kotkaniemi whom is still projecting to be a top six centre and say a 2nd or maybe a 2nd in 23' and a 2nd in 24' you probably take that for a rental do you not ?

• Cheers 3

27 minutes ago, Shayster007 said:

He's not an insider because he's created a fun way to get fans engaged? I'm not saying his report is accurate, but this seems like a weird reason to discredit someone. 

He's as much an insider as Khaby Lame.