The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

2 hours ago, Coconuts said:

We're not going to hit 1k at this rate folks, come on, someone say something controversial that we can argue about. 

I think Rutherford will be a better GM than Pat Quinn...

Dun dun duuuuuun...!!!

• Wat 1

Gosh there is so much speculation on different teams interested in Bo and if all these rumours are true then we should be able to get a pretty good trade in return. Let the trade bidding war begin!!! Maybe a trade is almost done and will be announced after the the All-star break!!! 

Edited by RolexSub
  • There it is 1

2 minutes ago, RolexSub said:

Gosh there is so much speculation on different teams interested in Bo and if all these rumours are true then we should be able to get a pretty good trade in return. Let the trade bidding war begin!!! Maybe a trade is almost done and will be announced after the the All-star break!!! 

Maybe Bo’s extension with us is almost done and will be announced after he gets back from the Allstar game? 

3 minutes ago, RolexSub said:

We better get a centre back for him.  We cant ice a team with dries as our 2c

1 hour ago, Canuck You said:

So who do we replace Demko with? The superstar duo we have right now?

No idea, but if the right offer comes they might take it. Nobody is safe, except Pettersson. Though, I have a hard time seeing any team make that monster offer for Hughes, so he is likely untouchable as well.

Just now, EddieVedder said:

Petey is the only one close to being untouchable.  But even he could be had at the right price.  Demko and Hughes are for sure not untouchable 

That’s what fans might think.  Would our owner sign off on a Hughes, Petey, Demko, Miller, or Horvat Trade? 

13 hours ago, Provost said:

Seravelli talked about the Bruins, not sure if they tinker with a winning lineup or really push all their chips in to support a run for an aging core?

Horvat

Schenn

for
Carlo 

Lysell

one of Lohrei or Harrison

That would be a pretty stellar deal.  A club controlled Carlo at that insanely low cap hit would make a massive difference.  I don’t know how Boston moves Carlo and potentially disrupts their chemistry. .. maybe us adding Schenn to the trade makes it work.

I disagree. Not a stellar deal imo. Another undersized winger, who showed out in the World Juniors with 0 points. Also we don’t need more wingers. A defencemen with concussion problems. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1
  • There it is 1

Just now, Coconuts said:

But he's president 

Allegedly 

I thought I heard Allvin say, in his radio interview, that he would run things by JR to see if they were okay?  IMHAO Allvin asks JR, and JR asks our owner.  Allvin is third man. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, EddieVedder said:

Honestly, its obvious they are trying to dump boeser, garland and myers so they can extend bo.  

Does Bo’s extension depend on dumping those guys?  Buying out OEL creates room for Bo.  Trading Schenn for a second and then using tha5 second as sugar to dump Garland clears even more room.  Retaining 1.5 per on Boeser creates more room.  Myers isn’t traded until the 2024 TDL, when he will have value.  

So we buyout OEL, Trade Garland and Boeser (1.5 retained) and we clear 16 mil in cap for next season.  Bo is already at 5.5, so allocating 2 more to him is not really a lot.  We clear 16 mil with those three gone.  Two for Bo, 5 for Kuz Missile, and still nearly 10 left.  

• Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I thought I heard Allvin say, in his radio interview, that he would run things by JR to see if they were okay?  IMHAO Allvin asks JR, and JR asks our owner.  Allvin is third man. 

Smart move, if he speaks over the radio nobody will see the hand maneuvering him 

3 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Sure he is... and next you're gonna tell me Allvin is GM :ph34r:

Has anyone told him that? 

1 hour ago, EddieVedder said:

Team wont and cant do that.  Too many repruccusions 

If they think he won’t be the same goalie in the future of course they will, unless it’s clear cut that he can’t play again then obviously every team will find out when they get a physical done.

4 hours ago, GhostsOf1994 said:

Rather move Miller, Boeser, Pearson, Garland before Bo.

Yeah me too. But like you, I also believe Bo's final game was probably against the Jackets. 

There's over a week until the next game, and I could see a trade coming. I'd be surprised if management could sign Bo to a long term deal. I'd rather they deal Miller if the right deal came along, but who's going to want to take 8M over the next 7 years for JT? 

1 minute ago, Kage17 said:

If they think he won’t be the same goalie in the future of course they will, unless it’s clear cut that he can’t play again then obviously every team will find out when they get a physical done.

I love Demko. I think if he stays healthy, he's a top ten goaltender in the league without a doubt. 

We don't have any legit, star goalie prospects in the pipline, maybe Silovs? I dunno...

But dealing Demko now would be dealing from a position of weakness, not strength, that usually tends to be a bad trade...

• Upvote 1
  • There it is 1