The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

20 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Yup. I think our owner has declared a core five, who are untouchable.  Or he would need to approve any trade of those players. Petey, Hughes, Demko, Miller, and Bo.  IMHAO our owner wants Bo extended so it will get done. 

Why five Alf 

WHY FIVE 

Are you implying that Canucks legend and resident tank commander Riley Stillman isn't untouchable because that would be blasphemy 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Why five Alf 

WHY FIVE 

Are you implying that Canucks legend and resident tank commander Riley Stillman isn't untouchable because that would be blasphemy 

Here's something controversial........I actually think Stillman is going to work out

• There it is 1

3 hours ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Bo's done his job..AWESOME 60% into the season. Now a coupla' more variables could supercharge this process.

1. Teams in the #14-22 range keep bunching up, with parity in spades. This assists increasing buyers, & might deter a few teams from rushing to sell vets. The past few days has gone quite nicely.

2. Contenders losing a piece or two, for remainder of this season. MaxPac in CAR for example, must affect their intentions. Also opening a landing spot via potential LTIR.

3. Don't think we should be chasing a slam-dunk superstar here. Just get a few bidders driving a fair price. A few solid pieces helps get our transition firmly underway.

Keep options open on JTM leading up to TDL. If an incredible offer occurs there too(after selling Bo, scarcity might drive some crazy bids)..that might be the ticket.

Publicly treat Bo with the utmost respect. He's given us a decade of excellence right up to an airport handshake.

I'm with you and all accounts except for only moving JTM if we get an incredible offer. In reality he shouldn't have been signed to that long term contract. If we get any offer whatsoever that doesn't handicap the team long term I say move him and use that money on other players yet to be determined.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, stawns said:

Here's something controversial........I actually think Stillman is going to work out

I wouldn't be surprised honestly 

15 minutes ago, garthsbutcher said:

Extend stillman for 5 more years 

6x6M, get it done JR

14 minutes ago, Chickenspear said:

Toilet paper: Over or under?

Beard not mullet 

• Cheers 1

59 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

Zegras is the most overrated player in hockey.  In a few yrs when the ducks realize hes soft, one dimensional and lazy, they will be looking to get rid of him.

Overrated or not him and Bedard would make for very entertaining hockey 

Now that's controversial 

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I’m pretty sure Bedard would call out Zegras’s selfish, cowardly, loser play.  

After that selanne vid I hope the ducks also miss out of Bedard. The obvious tanking some of these guys are doing while foaming at the mouth for him is pathetic. Especially when Gary tries to say some funny stuff about tanking too lol

• Like 1

Just now, Mustard Tiger said:

After that selanne vid I hope the ducks also miss out of Bedard. The obvious tanking some of these guys are doing while foaming at the mouth for him is pathetic. Especially when Gary tries to say some funny stuff about tanking too lol

Honestly, I want a top player to Lindros it up. Make it public you're not going to play for these obviously tanking teams. Although I can't imagine anyone wouldn't wanna play and make millions in California. Lol.

46 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Demko is part of the core five. 

Unless the team knows more about his injury than we do and they are going to try and trade him before it’s well known. When he got hurt in Dec we all thought/some knew that it was a bad injury and was going to be way longer than 6 weeks. He might not be the same goalie?

• Sad 1
  • There it is 1

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Yup. I think our owner has declared a core five, who are untouchable.  Or he would need to approve any trade of those players. Petey, Hughes, Demko, Miller, and Bo.  IMHAO our owner wants Bo extended so it will get done. 

Hughes Miller Demko arent untouchable 

7 minutes ago, Kage17 said:

Unless the team knows more about his injury than we do and they are going to try and trade him before it’s well known. When he got hurt in Dec we all thought/some knew that it was a bad injury and was going to be way longer than 6 weeks. He might not be the same goalie?

Team wont and cant do that.  Too many repruccusions 

Edited by EddieVedder