The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

Detroit sounding more and more like a good partner if they're willing to part with Rasmussen. He's massive, 23 and dropping 40pt pace but is a former 9OA pick himself so surely has a high ceiling, which is why I'd be surprised they'd give up on him already for an older Bo.

We need a D too so would love to snag Wallinder out of them, Edvinsson is surely too much. 

If we get Rasmussen and Wallinder I think that's it, no chance we get a 1st or 2nd as well (maybe a late pick?).

I'd be happy with that, a very old rebuild which looks like a retool. 

36 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Detroit sounding more and more like a good partner if they're willing to part with Rasmussen. He's massive, 23 and dropping 40pt pace but is a former 9OA pick himself so surely has a high ceiling, which is why I'd be surprised they'd give up on him already for an older Bo.

We need a D too so would love to snag Wallinder out of them, Edvinsson is surely too much. 

If we get Rasmussen and Wallinder I think that's it, no chance we get a 1st or 2nd as well (maybe a late pick?).

I'd be happy with that, a very old rebuild which looks like a retool. 

What makes people think Detroit is a good trading partner for Horvat, when they are having trouble signing their own captain and aren’t willing to pay him a huge amount to retain him? Not to mention Horvat probably isn’t willing to commit to playing for Detroit, when it seem like they aren’t in contention to make the playoffs any time soon.

If Yzerman really wants Horvat, he could just wait until he becomes available in free agency.

Realistically, the only teams I could see Horvat going to and sign an extension with are; Carolina, Winnipeg, Washington, and the Islanders.

I would put Boston up there, but only if they can re-sign Pastrnak. Any other contending team, would probably be a rental. 

Edited by shiznak
  • Cheers 2

7 minutes ago, shiznak said:

What makes people think Detroit is a good trading partner for Horvat, when they are having trouble signing their own captain and aren’t willing to pay him a huge amount to retain him? Not to mention Horvat probably isn’t willing to commit to playing for Detroit, when it seem like they aren’t in contention to make the playoffs any time soon.

If Yzerman really want Horvat, he could just wait until he becomes available in free agency.

couple of reasons why Detroit is a good trading partner for Horvat:

1. they have one of the best prospects pools in the entire league with Kasper (C), Edvinsson (LHD) which means they have the assets for a hockey trade of this magnitude

2. they have tons of cap space and therefore are able to re-sign Horvat

3. they need a 1C / 2C to become a playoff team, finally - Stevie is well aware of the fact that a 1C/2C is the missing puzzle to complete the rebuild

4. Canucks probably would like to have Hronek (RHD) to come back the other way

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wolfgang Durst said:

1. they have one of the best prospects pools in the entire league with Kasper (C), Edvinsson (LHD) which means they have the assets for a hockey trade of this magnitude

3. they need a 1C / 2C to become a playoff team, finally - Stevie is well aware of the fact that a 1C/2C is the missing puzzle to complete the rebuild

Deal bout as real as a three dollar bill?

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Wolfgang Durst said:

As I mentioned already in this thread. If they aren’t willing to pay Larkin 8m+, what makes people think they’re willing to pay Horvat 8m?

Horvat also probably doesn’t want to re-sign with Detroit, with the uncertainty of Larkin. 

• Cheers 1

47 minutes ago, shiznak said:

As I mentioned already in this thread. If they aren’t willing to pay Larkin 8m+, what makes people think they’re willing to pay Horvat 8m?

Horvat also probably doesn’t want to re-sign with Detroit, with the uncertainty of Larkin. 

I guess the season is far from done and they have a lot of cap flexibility in the off-season. Dare I say they could sign Larkin for somewhere between what he and the team wants (between 8 and 9M) and almost the same for Bo. Would be outrageous but they could really change their centers for next year. Yzerman knows center strength is the key to success.

They could give Larkin and Bo a combined 17M. Then they have some work to do:

1) Bertuzzi has barely played, surely they get him on a bridge deal but he could take a pay cut after this year for sure, if not around the 4-4.5M mark. That's pretty much what his cap hit was this year. But he has struggled.

2) They can afford to let Puis Sutter and Sundqvist walk if they're getting Bo. They're bottom-6 centers making a combined 6M.

3) Veleno gets a tiny raise but they could let Erne go, so cap there is a wash.

4) A lot of their D need re-signing and were quite cheap, but none of them really deserve much of a raise apart from Maata.

5) They have 4M dead cap coming off the books.

According to Cap Friendly then I believe they already have 6.5M cap space, plus letting Sutter and Sundqvist plus the dead cap and a Bertuzzi pay cut gives them just about 17M to play with.

They run their centers next year as Horvat, Larkin, Copp (if he's not playing wing), Veleno and Fabbri. Their top-3 D are pretty much set in stone already. They'd really just need to re-sign a couple of bottom-pairing defencemen on the cheap and a backup goalie.

Yzerman has some pieces there to make a great team. He could play it conservatively and just build what they have already, let the kids grow through the ranks etc., but if he really likes the look of Horvat and Larkin as a 1-2 punch he could easily make it happen and gun for it now.

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, shiznak said:

i hear they offer 8 for larkin but he wants 9. who can live on a pultry 8 mil?

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Wolfgang Durst said:

And Bo would be interested in Detroit, since his home is by my town which is about an hour away. 

Every Canuck game in Detroit he has a whole section of family and friends come to see him. 

It's also where his dad thinks he'll end up (Det or Bos he said)

36 minutes ago, Jayinblack said:

And Bo would be interested in Detroit, since his home is by my town which is about an hour away. 

Every Canuck game in Detroit he has a whole section of family and friends come to see him. 

If we give Detroit Bo, they better take Myers or OEL contract in a bundle. Or any other team.

44 minutes ago, Jayinblack said:

Is there a source for Bo’s Dad speculating on Detroit or Boston?

29 minutes ago, EastCoastNucks said:

The only think keeping a real offer for Horvat is our cap space. With Mik going down, Demko can come back but still no room for Horvat.

we need something like this:

image.thumb.png.682693da0b1d87e3255681b8d7800e01.png

What are you trying to say? You realize we were Cap compliant with BOTH Dem and Mik in the lineup right? 

We’ve effectively opened up MORE Cap space with Mik going on LTIR. Not less.

Not only can we take on a contract amounting the same as Bo, we can take on more, regardless of Dem coming up.

Edited by grandmaster