The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

2 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Well, if the Canucks re-sign Horvat, they'll be one of the best teams down the middle in the league, maybe for years. They have an elite Top 5 goaltender in the league, and quite a few good wingers too.

That D needs help though.  Myers is not a very good Dman, yet he's having to play in the top pairing. Schenn is not a Top 4 Dman anymore, but again, there's no one else good enough to play the right side. The bottom pairing is a mish-mash of whoever steps in that day - Rathbone, Dermott, Burroughs, Poolman. 

Poolman might not even be able to play anymore, we'll see.

IMO they need an upgrade on Myers and should do what they need to do to improve the D, even if it means trading Garland or Boeser.. 

Hughes - X

OEL - Myers

Rathbone - Schenn

Poolman

Dermott

Think Myers was fine with OEL... took a lot hard lifting.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

BO has been around since 2014.  Miller did his part, got 99 points.  We made a huge commitment to keep him.  Huggy has been breaking every defenceman scoring record since he arrived.  Demko is a top 5 goalie in the league, not much more he can do.  Petey won the Calder and since has regressed, but we know his talent and it's just a matter of time before he is a 90-100 point player as he is young enough to have the time to get there.

BO is BO.  He's 27 now.  He will never be an elite offensive performer regardless of what you say and who he plays with.  He's not great defensively and he's not a great leader.  He's a good 2C who can fill a role on the team.  We have lots of forwards and need help on defence.  So BO seems the logical choice to move at this point for help on defence.

So eer did u say the same thing about miller before he came to Vancouver?? Coz stat wise it’s almost identical. Only difference between the 2 miller was given an opportunity where Horvat wasn’t. Did kadri ever looked like he was going to be over ppg player ever in his career?? He’s not selke caliber defensively but he’s more than capable defensively and prolly top 30 center in the league in terms of production vs defensive abilities, but for whatever reason some of you believe miller is the best defensive awareness forward on the roster. We have a bunch of forwards and need help on defence.. so instead of moving one of the infinite wingers we rather weaken the most important position outside of the goalie. Logical… first it’s move boeser for defence then garland.. now it’s move Horvat and whoever else as long as it’s not miller u don’t care lol. 

28 minutes ago, McBackup said:

Everyone has a different perspective on who should be captain. Some think it should be the highest scorer. Some think it should be the most intimidating. Some think it should be the most articulate. At the end of the day nobody is in the room to judge or in the front office to wager what they value.

The point I always feel I have to stress is that the Captaincy is a ceremonial role. It's for the fans and media. I guarantee you nobody in that locker room is going to watch a single shift where a player like Luke Schenn dangles everybody on the opposing team on the way to a highlight goal, beats up an irate opponent and steals the ref's mic to give a rousing speech to the crowd and say "yeah but he's not wearing the 'C' so I'm not iNsPiReD." The players don't pick and choose who to follow based on who has a letter.

The Captain's job is to engage with the media and interact with fans, he's the on-ice representative of the team. Bo does that perfectly well. He's who head office wants to represent the organization. Is he the highest scorer? No. But he's talented and can put up points. Is he a simmering bag of piss and vinegar like some here want? No, but he will stick up for his teammates if he has to. He's also intelligent, humble and has a good attitude. He's the example of what the team wants to showcase.

What's really kind of sad is that the moment there is a hiccup of a stall in contract negotiations people are suddenly willing to rip Bo apart completely from his production as a player to his character as a person. Then when he eventually re-signs those same people will try to memoryhole you and say "I always loved Bo, etc".

No I think many of us know exactly what we want in a Captain. I think you miss the point, you say he "sticks up for his teammates", but we have seen examples where he doesn't. He doesn't need to be the highest scorer or be intimidating but he does have to lead by example and be consistent at performing on the ice(lead by example). He doesn't have to fight but he has to get involved when one of his team mates is getting roughed up by the opposing team.

He has been on occasion, done some very good things, but then , games where he has done nothing. he didn't inspire his team nor did he stick up for them.

Then he interviews and says we "need to be better". OK, then show us Cappy! 

The same pattern we have seen for decades and nothing to show for it. Some of us are just looking for a change and maybe it leads us to a Cup one day.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

No I think many of us know exactly what we want in a Captain. I think you miss the point, you say he "sticks up for his teammates", but we have seen examples where he doesn't. He doesn't need to be the highest scorer or be intimidating but he does have to lead by example and be consistent at performing on the ice(lead by example). He doesn't have to fight but he has to get involved when one of his team mates is getting roughed up by the opposing team.

He has been on occasion, done some very good things, but then , games where he has done nothing. he didn't inspire his team nor did he stick up for them.

The same pattern we have seen for decades and nothing to show for it. Some of us are just looking for a change and maybe it leads us to a Cup one day.

Do you have an actual rebuttal or are you just highlighting parts and going "no" ?

Edited by McBackup
  • Cheers 2

11 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

So eer did u say the same thing about miller before he came to Vancouver?? Coz stat wise it’s almost identical. Only difference between the 2 miller was given an opportunity where Horvat wasn’t. Did kadri ever looked like he was going to be over ppg player ever in his career?? He’s not selke caliber defensively but he’s more than capable defensively and prolly top 30 center in the league in terms of production vs defensive abilities, but for whatever reason some of you believe miller is the best defensive awareness forward on the roster. We have a bunch of forwards and need help on defence.. so instead of moving one of the infinite wingers we rather weaken the most important position outside of the goalie. Logical… first it’s move boeser for defence then garland.. now it’s move Horvat and whoever else as long as it’s not miller u don’t care lol. 

I actually think both Miller and Bo lack that handle and the reason why we need a true 3C on our roster. Miller and Petey are going to get the points but we need a good 4m dollarish defensive Center to play behind Petey and Miller. If we don't have Petey or Miller, then Bo is definitely our #2 C. 

We have the key positions taken care of in a Goalie, PMD Dman and top 2 Centers. Yes we argue about that shutdown Dman that is needed but i think its just a matter of time before we put the final pieces of the puzzle together.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, McBackup said:

Do you have an actual rebuttal or are you just highlighting parts and going "no" and include nothing in the text that substantiates your claim?

Well I think , like I said, that you are missing the point. 

Many are saying it to you but your just not getting it. 

So it appears you missed the point of my post as well? ::D

1 minute ago, EdgarM said:

Well I think , like I said, that you are missing the point. 

Many are saying it to you but your just not getting it. 

So it appears you missed the point of my post as well? ::D

Me: Everyone has a different favourite food

You: "NO LoTS oF PeoPLE KNoW WHaT THeiR FaVouRiTe FooD IS"

Please stop wasting my time by sending me notifications for inane non-sequitur nonsense.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

Miller signed a team friendly 8 year deal to stay in Vancouver. He’s not going anywhere. BO on the other hand is still unsigned with no deal in sight. So you need to prepare yourself that BO may get traded. It may hurt but that’s life. 

As for Miller vs. Horvat production, are you now trying to suggest that given the same ice time as Miller that Bo is a 99 point player?  Really?  I think you’re getting desperate at this point.

Why don’t you just admit that Miller is a better player than BO, that JR/PA fully agree on this and that is why Miller is signed to an 8 year extension and BO is not. 

• Vintage 2

6 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Miller signed a team friendly 8 year deal to stay in Vancouver. He’s not going anywhere. BO on the other hand is still unsigned with no deal in sight. So you need to prepare yourself that BO may get traded. It may hurt but that’s life. 

As for Miller vs. Horvat production, are you now trying to suggest that given the same ice time as Miller that Bo is a 99 point player?  Really?  I think you’re getting desperate at this point.

Why don’t you just admit that Miller is a better player than BO, that JR/PA fully agree on this and that is why Miller is signed to an 8 year extension and BO is not. 

Yes Miller is at this point in time the better player.Bo might get traded but both sides want him here and the coach wants him here.It will get sorted one way or another.Either way I do not see a trade any time soon as the return will not be as good with tbe cap situation so be prepared for tdl if he gets traded.Far as being the captain only now since he might be traded is this being an issue.Makes me laugh.

33 minutes ago, McBackup said:

Me: Everyone has a different favourite food

You: "NO LoTS oF PeoPLE KNoW WHaT THeiR FaVouRiTe FooD IS"

Please stop wasting my time by sending me notifications for inane non-sequitur nonsense.

:lol: What ever you say there bud! That sure got off track pretty quick. 

56 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

What’s it like to live in a world so detached from reality?

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Sophomore Jinx said:

We've had Bo for 8 years, Miller only 3. Get back to me after Miller has had the same and we'll compare notes, and I hope you're not implying that Cap'n Lil Bo Peep gives "110% every shift" :sadno:

Then you should look also look at the time Miller was with TB and NYR if you going to compare their careers.