The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks fire Travis Green, name Bruce Boudreau as head coach

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, kanucks25 said:

Don't even care if this is the right choice or not.

What it symbolizes is more important.

The new GM, whoever that will be, can decide if Boudreau should stay or not.

Thats just going to cost the owner even more, stupid move by Aquaman

• Wat 4

2 minutes ago, RakuRaku said:

Still not enough!! Gotta be some big trades to replace under-performing players!! Boudreau is pretty crazy like Torts... can Petey and Hughes get uses to him??

Let's hope Boudreau can influence JB to make some moves to make this team better!!

There is a fine line between passion and crazy.  Green is pretty even keeled I think Boudreau’s short fuse is exactly what these guys need.  I thought the effort level from the players in the 3rd period last night was great. Tough one for Green but he will get another opportunity.

Just now, kanucks25 said:

Don't even care if this is the right choice or not.

What it symbolizes is more important.

The new GM, whoever that will be, can decide if Boudreau should stay or not.

Will be interesting to see what kind of contract Boudreau got.  This shows me they don’t plan on getting rid of Benning anytime soon. Unfortunate coz I think JB is the main culprit in this disaster. 

• Cheers 2

7 minutes ago, RakuRaku said:

Still not enough!! Gotta be some big trades to replace under-performing players!! Boudreau is pretty crazy like Torts... can Petey and Hughes get uses to him??

Let's hope Boudreau can influence JB to make some moves to make this team better!!

There is a fine line between passion and crazy.  Green is pretty even keeled I think Boudreau’s short fuse is exactly what these guys need.  I thought the effort level from the players in the 3rd period last night was great. Tough one for Green but he will get another opportunity.

• Like 1

Not a well timed move at all.

The Canucks are 7 points back of .500 and  12 points behind a play off spot. 57 games left to catch up.

They get a new coach 'bounce' and win a few more games, yay?

All they can do now is ruin a high draft pick opportunity, and wait for next year.

Hopefully some trades will be made to better next season's team.

Edited by gurn
  • Wat 1
  • RoughGame 1

Just now, Coconuts said:

I agree, but Bruce is also exactly who I wanted 

Doesn't matter what you want or what any of us here want it only matters what the new GM will want come summer if Boudreau doesn't turn this sinking ship around and make the play offs