The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks fire Travis Green, name Bruce Boudreau as head coach

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

14 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

God, I head to Dad's for a couple of hours and things happen.

They had to...you can't stay the course and allow things to further devolve.

I like Green and wish him the best.  He served us well initially, but it's time to get some fresh ideas and shake things up.  He had to endure the worst of times  here, with COVID and a world unseen before.  Shut downs and a sick team and a schedule that was garbage.  He did the best he could but it wasn't enough.

The schedule being garbage, needs someone with clout in the league to address.

The Aquilinis are outsiders & they need to buy someone who has been operating inside of that inner circle. As a team with a long-term SCup drought, we’ve deserved more consideration in the schedules that this league pumps out & in the officiating crews for some time.   

Edited by viking mama
  • Vintage 1

I do not want the Sedins to be a GM.. can you imagine when Canucks go on another losing streak in next few years..

”fire Sedins” “fire SedinS” 

people will start to hate them regardless of their accomplishments as players. That’s why I don’t like former Canucks players to hold a position in the organization…

this is my opinion.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, timberz21 said:

Barry Trotz had the same if not worst playoffs record before he finally won it.

This team has 2 playoffs appearances on the past +/- 8 years.  At least when you make it in, anything can happen.  Right now, we can even dream of the ultimate goal since we’re not even in the game.

Boudreau is 66 years old, he’s not going to be our coach for the next 10 years.  If he can make this team a regular playoffs team in 3/4 years then maybe we could look for some else to take us all the way 

Yeah I think people forget that statistically you have like a worse than 1/30 chance of actually winning the stanley cup lol. The fact that he hasnt won one isnt a problem, the fact that hes been able to coach his teams to be good enough to make the playoffs 90% of the time is damn impressive.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JayDangles said:

Ok hold up! For everyone saying Benning needs to go first... No he doesn't.

Most folks agree this team on paper should be better. So a new coach will either get things rolling, or he will prove that it is not coaching, but personnel. If it's personnel then it will be obvious and Benning goes at the end of season.

People wanted change. Here is change. If people are still complaining then Lord help cdc.

I didn't even read what you said.... just upvoted you for the boomer Dall in your profiel pic ::D

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, rekker said:

First thing I thought of when I heard BB was coach. His swearing from 24/7, and the mustard on his face from the hotdog he just ate.

Should get along with Cheech as long as the condiments are stocked.  Would be a fun segment.

Edited by King Heffy
  • Haha 2