The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks fire Travis Green, name Bruce Boudreau as head coach

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, ktcy2 said:

Thanks for everything, Travis. I remember saying hi to you in downtown and you are such a down to earth guy. This just had to be done, nothing personal. Welcome Bruce. 

My sister was his waitress once in the bubble. I told her to tell him I was his biggest fan. Haha. Just for fun. I can’t remember exactly what he said back but it was something like. “I guess there’s a first for everything” haha

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, BlueRoyal said:

Yeah baby!!

The cherry on top is Dreger already having indicated that Benning is on the way out. Nothing that's close to official but where there's smoke....

Don't listen to Dregs... See my previous posts in this thread and you'll understand! Thx

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, BlueRoyal said:

Yeah baby!!

The cherry on top is Dreger already having indicated that Benning is on the way out. Nothing that's close to official but where there's smoke....

I'm still waiting for a better source than Dreger but so true about the smoke.

9 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I disagree.

They couldn’t go another game with Green behind the bench. Too much damage was being done. Just look at the players walking in before the game. They’re miserable, they need a new voice.

Any GM will be fine with Boudreau. He’s a very experienced coach that can get the players back on track.

Id rather them take their time with a GM or POHO hire. That is much more important to not rush. That will directly determine the future of this organization.

maybe aquaman wants to give benning another chance!? since he has good track records at the draft.  maybe benning can squeak out another gem before he is being released? or aquaman learned his lesson after 8 years of arm chair GM now he will give full authority to Benning and see how it turns out! 

5 minutes ago, rychicken said:

can't play up tempo (and regularly be successful) with this D group

Why not?  Hughes is one of the best offensive D-men out there.  Myers and OED are decent skaters and passers for their size.  And we've got Schenn the offensive dynamo (OK, maybe that's going a bit too far but even he can score).  Offence shouldn't be the problem.  Defense however...  In any case, I think we can still do well with the current line-up with a bit better organization.  I don't have anything against Green but I think the coaching change should help the team.  We'll see.  GCG!

• Thanks 1