The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Los Angeles Kings at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 06, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

7 hours ago, -AJ- said:

Demko was insane tonight. Amazing all around game by the whole team. We beat a team with a record above .500!

Demko has been insane most of the year... but he’s been facing 40shots lots of high quality chances all year. 

There’s a reason lots of pundits say he’s a top 5 in the league. I feel that Scotty Showtime will have the D and Pk playing better, resulting in much better results for Demko.

6 hours ago, GoCanucksGo! said:

Have another look at Petey’s after game. Something is not right with Petey. Just compare his facial expression and that of Brock’s. I am worried that there might be something horrible going on with EP40 :blink: 

Nah.... I think he is more embarrassed that he is part of the team, that got Benning, the GM that drafted him and made his dream come through, sacked...

That is being classy... 

The easy way out would be hanging Benning and Green out to dry, but he didn't... Petey is all Class... Good on him.

• Cheers 1

watching the post game interview with BB i couldn't help but think , man this guy is refreshing to listen to. 

he has tons of personality 

knows what he wants 

talks the game well

funny

bottom line I wasn't checking out when he spoke I was engaged. that feeling of Canucks hockey is back and hasn't been there since after game 1 of the season. I sure hope this shot in the arm is the cure that ails them.

3 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

Just curious, but how is Boudreau’s coaching, even tonight, different from that of Green’s? 

Well if you watched the game, you'd have to appreciate the improved pk, the increased intensity of the forecheck, the change of personel on the pp. They played with more energy and more confidence. 

Hell, even Lammiko scored. Lammiko almost had 2 goals. 

20 minutes ago, KingRaj91 said:

Did anyone else also notice that we played more of a puck possession game, rather than a dump and chase game? It was actually really fun to watch. 

We were already top 5 in puck possession.

I don't know if I saw more of that, wonder what the stats show.

Everything seemed more crisp and aggressive to me and the PK wasn't hot garbage., 

6 hours ago, Devron44 said:

Playoffs are huge for generating revenue. I’m much more active and excited about hockey when there’s a chance for that. Like it was noted competitive teams lose players every year to free agency. 

Cherry picking Markstrom makes zero sense.

There’s lots of finger pointing to go around but that ain’t one of them.

There isn’t a GM that would do that at that point in the season. Also Thatcher was a rookie that season.

This has been discussed frequently, and you are spot on....

If Demko had shat the bed during the playoffs, or had an injury and couldn't play, that may even have tried to sneak Demko through the expansion draft, and kept Marky as well...

I don't see that as a mistake neither... 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, bishopshodan said:

We were already top 5 in puck possession.

I don't know if I saw more of that, wonder what the stats show.

Everything seemed more crisp and aggressive to me and the PK wasn't hot garbage., 

Where did you get your puck possession numbers from?  

• Cheers 1

9 hours ago, bad alice french said:

Awesome win but let's keep things in check y'all.

I still think this team could use a tweak here and there.

Boston will be the biggest game of the year for us so far.

Huge test.

Opportunity to bury some demons.

Time to squash the little ball of hate.

We will beat the bad news bears. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1