The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks name Jim Rutherford as president & interim GM

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, combover said:

Making room 

New GM can hire the executives they wants 

looking like an expensive Christmas for the Aquallinis. 

kind of blows that "cheap owner" thing some keep putting out there. The Aquilini's are probably getting close to 5 or 6 mil in dead management and coaching salary. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, JM_ said:

kind of blows that "cheap owner" thing some keep putting out there. The Aquilini's are probably getting close to 5 or 6 mil in dead management and coaching salary. 

They could give every punter $1000 and they'd say they are cheap for not making it $2000... sometimes you can't win.

• Vintage 1

14 minutes ago, MaxVerstappen33 said:

I don't think he will trade Petey. He likes skill players. Which I don't necessarily oppose. He signed Alex Semin to a 1 year 7 million dollar deal which I liked. But I don't think that would have gone over well here.

He will probably sign Brock to a fat contract too. But trade him in 2023 if 2022 doesn't go well.

That’s just it, if Pettersson is not playing like a franchise player, JR will not give him Franchise player immunity. He’ll be kicking tires with every team in the league, to see if he can get a different struggling player of the same calibre. 

Theres no more free rides to anyone in Vancouver and if there’s passengers out on the ice, they’ll be gone. 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1