The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] December 14, 2021 Columbus Blue Jackets (14-11-1) @ Vancouver Canucks (12-15-2) at 7:00 pm on SportsNet TV and Radio 650

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

1 minute ago, VegasCanuck said:

We can hope for that, but there were a couple of things that made Spanish Flu easier to contain. #1 of those was air travel (and car travel), was really uncommon in 1918, it had to get on a boat with someone to move around.

By the time they sequence a new variant, it's already spread around the world.

You're right about travel.

However, what's weird about the Spanish flu is that the first cases were reported in Boston and Bombay on the same day. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, 'NucK™ said:

You replied "So?  The virus doesn't give a sh!t what we do or what we think and that's what determines what happens."

To a comment that also included the statement: "Plus no deaths yet from omni so that's gotta matter right?" 

To me, that's ignoring that part of their comment.

You may want to check the names on those quotes again.  My actual response are there and included that there is 1 death attributed to Omicron so far.

1 minute ago, Jester13 said:

I doubt they'll shut it all down and not allow fans simply because people are getting sick, when they're not getting deathly ill like people were prior to the vaccines. Sutter is feeling what he is because the team got super sick last year being unvaccinated. Will the NHL take extra precautions? Likely, yes. But there's a good chance it won't be extreme like seasons prior.

I agree, it's unlikely that we will see full shutdowns. Most people vaccinated, have mild symptoms, but they can still pass it.

I think we'll probably see the following:

#1, I think the players will probably opt out of the Olympics due to risk factor as well as China's 5 week quarantine.

#2, The NHL will leave the end of the NHL season targeted as the same as it is now, end of April, with the extra 3 weeks being used to handle a series of 2 - 3 game postponements.

1 minute ago, DrJockitch said:

You may want to check the names on those quotes again.  My actual response are there and included that there is 1 death attributed to Omicron so far.

Yeah that was my bad.. I really struggle with the quoting feature on this site... you did seem to reaffirm what @stawns had said with you reply to his comment which WAS ignoring much of what the previous poster said 

5 minutes ago, 'NucK™ said:

"So?  The virus doesn't give a sh!t what we do or what we think and that's what determines what happens."

Or especially what the politicians say.

Was solely referring to this one comment of yours.

Care to elaborate?  If politicians listened to and followed advice from the experts wed likely be out of this already

• Vintage 1

Just now, 'NucK™ said:

Yeah that was my bad.. I really struggle with the quoting feature on this site... you did seem to reaffirm what @stawns had said with you reply to his comment which WAS ignoring much of what the previous poster said 

Well, my comment was really that politicians shouldn't be trusted here in that they have shown again and again throughout this pandemic that they don't really understand the science and many will do what is politically expedient over what is good public safety policy.

The scientists are being blamed for the politicians misinterpretations and inability to admit when they are wrong or just in over their heads.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, AbbyNux said:

Which politicians? Horgan listens to Henry like nothing I have ever seen. 

You say this like it's a bad thing.

Why are you politicizing Henry? Lmfao. What's your angle with this? She's just a doctor in charge of making recommendations. Just like any human, she can be wrong. But given how BC has been largely spared the covid problems elsewhere, I think it's pretty stupid to say she handled covid poorly.

• Cheers 2

You can blame Carolina and Boston for the lack of COVID prevention.

Cassidy is COVID protocol’d, the rest of the staff weren’t wearing masks, players probably had COVID in them.

Carolina comes in, Aho doesn’t play due to being sick, Carolina staff not wearing any masks to prevent COVID from spreading further. 

Now we’re infected. 

Edit: Marchand now COVID protocol’d. Proves my point.

Edited by Odd.
  • Vintage 1