The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] December 14, 2021 Columbus Blue Jackets (14-11-1) @ Vancouver Canucks (12-15-2) at 7:00 pm on SportsNet TV and Radio 650

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

1 minute ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

My guess is we will see arenas go back to limited capacity or no fans in the building (if the situation gets worse).

I just don't see it. Everyone was told to get vaccinated to allow the world to move on.

Taking that type of step only shows they were truly clueless and all the anti vaxxers can say see. People in government would lose so many votes if they deny vaccinated people again.

Plus no deaths yet from omni so that's gotta matter right?

1 minute ago, 'NucK™ said:

"Podkolzin one of few players for game day skate, then leaves."

What exactly does the "then leaves" mean?? Like, he didn't stay on for long? Obviously he was going to leave eventually lol..

Some other media will post soon that he thinks a trade is imminent...

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

Omicron rates are doubling every 3 days, this is probably coming sooner than would like.

To what end? So far it seems weaker death rate wise and what's government's going to say? We need to develop a new vaccine? Lockdowns don't work and to many votes were bought on the promise of vaccination equalling a return to normal.

Besides cases were always expected to rise in the winter. Unless a significant increase of serious cases happen they need to do nothing.

We can't shut down our economy because more people are getting Covid unless vaccinated start getting extreme cases in large numbers.

5 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Lot different than when Gaudette tested positive. Players are vaccinated and most likely will not have any physical problems either short term or long like Sutter. 

Prevention of spread is important and isolation will negatively impact the team, however.  You also don't want Bruce to get it even if he is vaccinated. 66 yo, male, obese etc. 

Edited by Jaimito
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

To what end? So far it seems weaker death rate wise and what's government's going to say? We need to develop a new vaccine? Lockdowns don't work and to many votes were bought on the promise of vaccination equalling a return to normal.

Besides cases were always expected to rise in the winter. Unless a significant increase of serious cases happen they need to do nothing.

We can't shut down our economy because more people are getting Covid unless vaccinated start getting extreme cases in large numbers.

All things are pointing to boosters being a requirement for full vaccination status very soon. 

3 minutes ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

I just don't see it. Everyone was told to get vaccinated to allow the world to move on.

Taking that type of step only shows they were truly clueless and all the anti vaxxers can say see. People in government would lose so many votes if they deny vaccinated people again.

1 attributed to omicron so far.

This does not show anyone being clueless that at all, it shows what has been said all along.  

That people have been selective in listening is different than proving the anti-vaxxers wrong, they have proven that time and again.

What would be clueless is looking at the path that leads from Calgary, through Carolina Hurricanes to Vancouver.  The contact tracing is in public record.

We knew variants would be coming from the beginning.  The example of the 1918 flu has been used over and over again showing how it worsens with each wave.  

Vaccination will reduce the transmission and the burden of illness even with the escape variants like Omicron and Delta but with Omicron rates rising so rapidly and very little known about the degree of illness it generated, i wouldn't be surprised at all at seeing this happening.  Ontario is already discussing increasing the Christmas vacation for schools and they can't be far from reducing capacity at public events if that is the case.

14 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

My guess is we will see arenas go back to limited capacity or no fans in the building (if the situation gets worse).

I agree, I think this is coming as well. If they are right about how contagious Omicron is, I think they might start cutting back on capacity.

11 minutes ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

So?  The virus doesn't give a sh!t what we do or what we think and that's what determines what happens.

• Cheers 1