The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Coyotes gauging market on Jakob Chychrun

Maybe after the LA game. It’s Dustin brown statue night they don’t want to take away attention from it .

LA kings Twitter jump the gun and said byfeild, moverare, first and second round picks for chyrchrun earlier 

Edited by Rey
  • There it is 1

17 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Byfield for sure and add on Clarke. 

No chance of either methinks sir Alfred.

Both would involve a 1 for 1 with Chychrun at their valuations/projections.

If I was to guess it’ll likely be 1 or 2 of from their top 10 prospects excluding Clarke. Turcotte, Grans, Pinelli, Thomas, Spence, Fagemo, Laferriere, Kirsanov or Hughes. 

Plus a couple picks

1st and 3rd or 4th or something like that. 

We’ll soon find out!
Finally can put Chychrun to bed. He’s been a rumour for a long time now. 

31 minutes ago, CanuckFan1123 said:

I agree and disagree. Chychrun fits the age bracket of when we look to compete and the overall age of the team. He fits great along Hughes and has the Tocchet connection. The next contract would be a concern given Hughes, Peteys next raise, and Miller. However I would guess the cap goes up no less than 4-5 mil before his next contract. 

Financially we’d be past Myers, Boeser, Beauvillier, the new Kuz deal, 1 year left on Garland so an easy cap dump. Players who will become important for us will likely still be cost controlled such as Podz, Raty, Lekkerimaki, etc. 

Young cost controlled dmen are a great idea and needed but for my money I’d rather make a run at a guy we can afford who’s established if we are dead serious about competing in a year or 2. 

And he’s the age criteria JR directly stated he’s targeting.

Edited by RWJC

6 minutes ago, RWJC said:

And he’s the age criteria JR directly stated he’s targeting.

It'd be hilarious if the Canucks traded away their first rounder for Chychurin. It wouldn't be a BAD trade, but it would underscore the shortsightedness of this management team.

Edited by Dazzle
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, CanuckFan1123 said:

I agree and disagree. Chychrun fits the age bracket of when we look to compete and the overall age of the team. He fits great along Hughes and has the Tocchet connection. The next contract would be a concern given Hughes, Peteys next raise, and Miller. However I would guess the cap goes up no less than 4-5 mil before his next contract. 

Financially we’d be past Myers, Boeser, Beauvillier, the new Kuz deal, 1 year left on Garland so an easy cap dump. Players who will become important for us will likely still be cost controlled such as Podz, Raty, Lekkerimaki, etc. 

Young cost controlled dmen are a great idea and needed but for my money I’d rather make a run at a guy we can afford who’s established if we are dead serious about competing in a year or 2. 

Chychrun is very affordable for the next 2 seasons but he is a player who should be core on the team who drafted him.  The fact that they're shopping him is testimony to the dysfunction that the Yotes are.  A player coming from there should be viewed with caution.  And then there's the ask.  Even Crazy Jim wouldn't go there because it's way too much. 

The way the Canucks are set up they can't absorb another very large contract on the back end in a couple of years because OEL is going nowhere.   

7 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

It'd be hilarious if the Canucks traded away their first rounder for Chychurin. It wouldn't be a BAD trade, but it would underscore the shortsightedness of this management team.

That would be horrific.

I have hope they are smarter than that. 

1 minute ago, Crabcakes said:

Chychrun is very affordable for the next 2 seasons but he is a player who should be core on the team who drafted him.  The fact that they're shopping him is testimony to the dysfunction that the Yotes are.  A player coming from there should be viewed with caution.  And then there's the ask.  Even Crazy Jim wouldn't go there because it's way too much. 

The way the Canucks are set up they can't absorb another very large contract on the back end in a couple of years because OEL is going nowhere.   

Much like the Hughes thread, there's one piece going out and multiple good pieces coming back.  This will give a ball park comparable to what NJ might possibly give up for QH.

1 minute ago, stawns said:

Much like the Hughes thread, there's one piece going out and multiple good pieces coming back.  This will give a ball park comparable to what NJ might possibly give up for QH.

Except we have no reason to want to move Hughes, and NJ desire for him (if existent) has a marketing edge to it that grabbing JC doesn’t. 

• There it is 1

13 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

If we move tha5 firs5 for an established NHL player that’s not management, that’s our owner directing management.

• Cheers 1

Just now, J-Dizzle said:

Except we have no reason to want to move Hughes, and NJ desire for him (if existent) has a marketing edge to it that grabbing JC doesn’t. 

Exactly........it is a unique situation the Canucks might be able to exploit 

I'm curious to see what JC brings back