The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] December 16, 2021 Vancouver Canucks (13-15-2) @ San Jose Sharks (15-13-1) at 7:30 pm on SportsNet TV and Radio 650

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

Dahlen is playing very well. We should've kept him but loan him to play for Timra. Oh well.

Game within game is Dahlen vs Pettersson. RIght now, 1-0 Dahlen over Pettersson.

Come on EP, you can do it! 3 goals from EP line in the 2nd period :)

1 minute ago, BarnBurner said:

It's insane that Green didn't have the insight to making that change. Just goes to show how stubborn and unqualified he really was/is. 

We all have to roll with the flow and adapt where need be.

Green just kept going with the same failing strategy and Baumgartner same thing. I dont know why any team would hire those two and why they are the media darlings 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Crabcakes said:

You know what they're going to say.  As long as he's getting chances......

He has had millions of chances, wide gaping open net yet he misses those. I bet another player in his place would have 10 goals right now just with the chances Pearson has.

1 minute ago, khay said:

Dahlen is playing very well. We should've kept him but loan him to play for Timra. Oh well.

Game within game is Dahlen vs Pettersson. RIght now, 1-0 Dahlen over Pettersson.

I hate to say it but Podkolzin's not having a very good game.  Wouldn't be surprised to see him bumped down the lineup but who knows, maybe Bruce will let him play through it. 

Just now, DefCon1 said:

Green just kept going with the same failing strategy and Baumgartner same thing. I dont know why any team would hire those two and why they are the media darlings 

Ya, I keep hearing in the media that Green is well liked around the league and will get another job again soon.

I don't get it myself, maybe they are just being nice.

6 minutes ago, gurn said:

I only mention it because Drance, during an intermission showed a few stats where the Canucks have got worse.

Naturally the most important stat is 5-0 so far.

Worse in ozone possesion… but that could be a tributed to putting the puck jnto the net more and not dicking around with it longer than needed. Id like to see the other stats. 

1 minute ago, khay said:

Will never get the Dahlen trade honestly. Same as Forsling trade. Bad asset management by Benning.

Just now, DefCon1 said:

He has had millions of chances, wide gaping open net yet he misses those. I bet another player in his place would have 10 goals right now just with the chances Pearson has.

Look at it in full speed, that was a bang-bang play that Pearson created with Boeser.  He got in front of Burns to break up the pass and that's why Boeser got the puck.  

Are we watching the same game here?  He created the 1st goal, then provided good screens on the power play that scored, and then created that chance.