The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at San Jose Sharks | Dec. 16, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

19 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Ya I don’t think it was an ugly game either. We weren’t at our best, but we are undermanned in the backend. Also, Dickinson could’ve had 3 goals tonight.

Yeah I didn’t mean to say Pearson, Dickson had 3 grade A scoring chances

im just used to Pearson missing those. Lol

• Haha 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

1 minute ago, Odd. said:

Imagine being a Sharks fan right now :lol: those contracts are actually so brutal

Agreed they are brutal, but they did have a run of very good hockey for a long time, remember when we had Luongo and the Sedins on big contracts and the team was in its twilight years. Gotta pay to play. 

• Vintage 1

24 minutes ago, rekker said:

You know it's our night when a ghost from our past, Dahlen, doesn't pot one. Normally that story would end differently. 

He lost the motivation when the guy didn’t want to play him is not on the Canucks bench anymore.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, billabong said:

These last few games is why you need 3 scoring lines

jets win was hoglanders night, last game was podz-petey-garland night and tonight was Pearson-Miller-boesers night

sprinkle in horvat being horvat and we’re looking good 

You hit the nail on the head. 

BB is rolling the lines and keeping all the lines fresh. He's also keeping the lines consistent and the guys are building chemistry. 

That Miller Boeser Pearson line looked dominant tonight. 

I couldn't tell but which line took the tough matchups tonight? 

I felt Petey's line was under pressure most of the game but that's when deep teams have other lines step up like tonight. 

We have a deeper team than most people think. As BB said, to have Miller, Horvat, Petterson as your 3Cs is outstanding. 

Even our D is holding up while playing guys like schenn/juulsen/brisbois/hunt

Can't wait for Hamonic  and Poolman to come back. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Anyone notice the Hoglander play where he got nailed into the boards and then got pissed off and went headhunting on a hit after?  They didn't show a replay unfortunately. 

For whoever's followed his SHL career, they'll remember his reverse hits and elbows that he can pull out.  I think he got a 5 game suspension once for it.  

Anyways I like that he has edge to his game. 

We need to play with more of those edges, not less, and without suspensions.

1 minute ago, SergioMomesso said:

Held up that seat in the press box better than Di Guiseppe did all night 

He probably did as good a job at that than several other guys currently on the Sharks' active roster could have done, and for several million less per season.  :P

regards,  G.

11 minutes ago, ABNucksfan said:

Hanson could score though 

Actually it took him a number of years before he started showing he had ability to score.  He had the rep 'hands of stone' Hansen.  He was so good and valuable defensively though... So it was so nice to see when he started scoring... Not a lot but clutch goals from tine to time.

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Hogs & Podz said:

Actually it took him a number of years before he started showing he had ability to score.  He had the rep 'hands of stone' Hansen.  He was so good and valuable defensively though... So it was so nice to see when he started scoring... Not a lot but clutch goals from tine to time.

This is true. But dickin though. Grade AAA scoring chances